MLB Playoffs Set To Go

Seems to be struggling more of late. Don't get me wrong: He's a beast. He just doesn't seem to be pitching at his best late this season.

And after him, the starters are questionable. Petite is a clutch player but Yankees fans have to be holding their breath as he takes the mound.

A cursory glance at his splits indicate to me that he was feasting on some bad baseball teams in June/July and had more trouble against the better teams. He got roughed up by the Rays and (suddenly better Buck Showalter) Orioles in September, but also had some nice outings.

Pettite is a bit of a wildcard. He hasn't worked all that many innings (129) due to injuries. He got roughed up in his last two starts against the Red Sox, so it will depend on his health and mindset. He's a gamer, though. Girardi must be feeling more confidence in him rather than AJ Burnett. Phil Hughes had a great first half, but struggled somewhat in the second half. He wasn't dominant, but he wasn't getting shelled either. Looks like a decent 3rd pitcher.

Mariano is still Mariano based on last night's 4 out save. That guy should be the first 100% first ballot HOFer.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Twins bullpen that bad? That's two nights in a row they left the starter in too long and he gave up key runs.

Agreed...gutsy performance by Pavano, but he was giving up line drives all game. He should have gotten the cane after the Berkman double.

I love this though, it's classic Yankees postseason baseball. Timely hits by role players, consistent pitching...they just squeeze the life out of the opposing team like a boa constrictor.

Agreed...gutsy performance by Pavano, but he was giving up line drives all game. He should have gotten the cane after the Berkman double.

I love this though, it's classic Yankees postseason baseball. Timely hits by role players, consistent pitching...they just squeeze the life out of the opposing team like a boa constrictor.

Yankees over Twins in the post-season = Dolphins over Bills in the '70s

Is the Twins bullpen that bad? That's two nights in a row they left the starter in too long and he gave up key runs.

No idea.... People were booing pretty loudly an inning or two before the 2 run inning. :(

Wish I had remembered to bring my camera... But I still captured a pretty nice picture of the skyline near sunset with my crappy camera phone:

Twins-Yankees

The suite was awesome - full open bar (too bad I don't drink....), and food/snacks everywhere. There's a lot of attention to detail in this stadium as well - I thought the Xcel Energy Center (hockey) had a nice suite level ,but it's nothing compared to Target Field. Two :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (for everything but the game itself :( )

No idea.... People were booing pretty loudly an inning or two before the 2 run inning. :(

Wish I had remembered to bring my camera... But I still captured a pretty nice picture of the skyline near sunset with my crappy camera phone:

http://www.flickr.co...40535/lightbox/

The suite was awesome - full open bar (too bad I don't drink....), and food/snacks everywhere. There's a lot of attention to detail in this stadium as well - I thought the Xcel Energy Center (hockey) had a nice suite level ,but it's nothing compared to Target Field. Two :thumbsup: :thumbsup: (for everything but the game itself :( )

Sorry Fez... Maybe the Twinkies can string 3 together ala the 1984 Padres!

Good Luck.

Twins-Yankees

Great picture! It looks like PNC in Pittsburgh, my favorite park, with the skyline beyond the outfield.

WooHoo, Giants lead 1-0.

Tim Lincecum was on fire; Complete Game with 14 K's!!!

That really puts the Braves in a bind...the pitching was amazing tonight...and FINALLY Bobby pulled the starter in time instead of waiting until all hell had broken lose. Venters came in and saved the day, with the Giants forced to strand Posey or whoever they had on 3rd with one out. I'm proud of the Braves effort tonight...they just didn't have any solutions for that dorky bastard with the mullet.

Twins-Yankees

That is a wonderful ballpark you have up there. I was at a game there in June against Colorado. Did they have Summit Pale Ale on draft in the suite? That's a dame fine beer and I enjoyed more than I probably should have when I was there.

Sorry Fez... Maybe the Twinkies can string 3 together ala the 1984 Padres!

Good Luck.

Or the 2001 Yankees! :thumbsup:

That is a wonderful ballpark you have up there. I was at a game there in June against Colorado. Did they have Summit Pale Ale on draft in the suite? That's a dame fine beer and I enjoyed more than I probably should have when I was there.

They probably did -- they had all sorts of stuff in there. And if they didn't, I'm sure the vendor would've gotten it for us. (he bought me a Twins playoff cap too :D ).