MLB Playoffs Set To Go

Major League Baseball playoffs kick off on Wednesday, and there are some real interesting first round matchups, with the Reds in for the first time in over a decade and the Twins finally getting a home field advantage against the Yankees. Predictions anyone?

AL

Yankees over Twins in 6

Rays over Rangers in 7

Rays over Yankees in 7

NL

Phillies over Reds in 5

Giants over Braves in 7

Phillies over Giants in 6

In a 2008 WS rematch...Phillies over Rays in 7

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Major League Baseball playoffs kick off on Wednesday, and there are some real interesting first round matchups, with the Reds in for the first time in over a decade and the Twins finally getting a home field advantage against the Yankees. Predictions anyone?

AL

Yankees over Twins in 6

Rays over Rangers in 7

Rays over Yankees in 7

NL

Phillies over Reds in 5

Giants over Braves in 7

Phillies over Giants in 6

In a 2008 WS rematch...Phillies over Rays in 7

:blink:

I'm glad the Braves made the playoffs for Bobby, but there's just no way we'll come out of the San Fran series. We're too banged up and we don't match up well against them. I fear the Braves will be swept in four. I think the Phillies will win in four, as well.

I'm glad the Braves made the playoffs for Bobby, but there's just no way we'll come out of the San Fran series. We're too banged up and we don't match up well against them. I fear the Braves will be swept in four. I think the Phillies will win in four, as well.

How you can root for a BFLO team and ANY PHILLY team is totally beyond me. I can see the Phils, if that was the only team... But that is not the case.

:nana:

Anyway... Good luck if God's/heaven's hometown team (the Yanks) makes it again.

:D

IMO, it would be nice to see the Rays or Twins do it. Then we can stop spreading how wonderful the system in the NFL is. God bless the MLB, which is still truly run like an American endeavor and where the little team (Rays-Twins) are allowed to compete.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

How you can root for a BFLO team and ANY PHILLY team is totally beyond me. I can see the Phils, if that was the only team... But that is not the case.

:nana:

:D

IMO, it would be nice to see the Rays or Twins do it. Then we can stop spreading how wonderful the system in the NFL is. God bless the MLB, which is still truly run like an American endeavor and where the little team (Rays-Twins) are allowed to compete.

I hate the Phillies, man....I just think they'll win their first series :)

Now if we're talking the Flyers and Sixers? :thumbsup::lol:

The OP had his mea culpa and now you make the same mistake. The DS only goes 5 games. It has always been that way.

You hate the blue collar Philly fan and love the front-running Patriot/Cowboy/Laker/Yankee fan? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense!

I like both of them and the Rays are #21 in 2010 baseball salary but the Twins are #11 and only $300k from inclusion in the top 10: 2010 Baseball salary rank. The Yanks and Red Sox are running away from everybody but the Twins may not qualify as 'little' any longer. The Yankees average $6M per player more than the Rays. Wow!!