MLB Playoffs Set To Go

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phuck the phlyers. you should be excommunicated from this community.

The Flyers are not the same as the Phillies...unless you're finally admitting your wet dreams about Fireman Ed.

The Yankees are so obviously the forces of darkness. It's funny how Bills fans hate the Pats and Cowboys (the Yankees equivalents in football) but do mental backbends to justify their fandom of a Yankees team they only like because they are frontrunners.

The Flyers are not the same as the Phillies...unless you're finally admitting your wet dreams about Fireman Ed.

The Yankees are so obviously the forces of darkness. It's funny how Bills fans hate the Pats and Cowboys (the Yankees equivalents in football) but do mental backbends to justify their fandom of a Yankees team they only like because they are frontrunners.

Sounds like someone's in need of a wahmbulance...

And Fireman Ed? WTF?!?!?! And the Flyers BLOW. If you're a Buffalonian and root for the Flyers, you have ZERO sense of history.

Yeah, some Yankees fans are frontrunners, just like every successful team has frontrunners. I personally was decked out by my Dad and Gramps in Yankees gear since I was a little ittle baby, and could name the entire team when I was 3. I bleed Yankee pinstripes just as strongly as Bills Red, White, and Blue and Sabres Blue and Gold. Most Yankees fans are the same way.

Do you think it could be because we get every game on radio and TV in Buffalo? That is how you become a fan, in large part....I was born in '62 and liked the Yanks because my father did, but they were horrible when I was a kid and didn't get good until I was 14. So, they won 2 Series when I was in high school, and then didn't win again until I was 34 years old. Two championships in about 28 years of fandom does not a frontrunner make.

And, it was watching them with Scooter and now listening to every game that really cements my fandom.

I like both of them and the Rays are #21 in 2010 baseball salary but the Twins are #11 and only $300k from inclusion in the top 10: 2010 Baseball salary rank. The Yanks and Red Sox are running away from everybody but the Twins may not qualify as 'little' any longer. The Yankees average $6M per player more than the Rays. Wow!!

I like my Texas Rangers and they are ranked # 27 and they are NOT like the 96..98 or 99 team either.

You hate the blue collar Philly fan and love the front-running Patriot/Cowboy/Laker/Yankee fan? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense!

No. I hate the Pats*, Cowboys, and Lakers (only over the Brave stealing Celtics) because those sports have salary caps. I like the Yankees and America... They represent the American pastime and what is great about the game and history.

Up until 1996, I was a Yankee hater... Go figure... Yet, I still don't mind say seeing the Rays/Twins beat the Yankees or other small teams (I was a big Royals fan against the Yanks in the 1970's).

Anybody but the wannabee Faux Sox.

I can tolerate the Phils. I rooted for them in 1980 (even against the Royals!) and through the 1970's when they were challenging the Dodgers in the NLCS.

Yep... No sense!! :D That is what happens when BFLO doesn't do MLB. :D

I like both of them and the Rays are #21 in 2010 baseball salary but the Twins are #11 and only $300k from inclusion in the top 10: 2010 Baseball salary rank. The Yanks and Red Sox are running away from everybody but the Twins may not qualify as 'little' any longer. The Yankees average $6M per player more than the Rays. Wow!!

I know people are gonna hate on my opinions and all... But your post is why baseball is still the best. You wouldn't see the the small market (in the classic sense, not the the GB Packers) little teams win in baseball if there were a salary cap. A cap would make the small, good business sense owners (AKA: Ralph) shoot themselves in the foot . With no cap, sure the big dogs are there more often... But money doesn't grant a sure win... For some strange reason the litle teams in baseball can still be there. You see how the "cream" or big markets are dominating the salary cap sports. Even in baseball, even with less playoff teams... A small team/smaller salaried team is always getting in there. Maybe it is the game itself.

Pats* and Cowboys are not the same as the Yankees. It is the salary cap that has turned the Pats* and Cowboys evil. I didn't mind the Pats (notice no *, these are the old Pats I am refering to) when Ralph was bailing out the Sullivan's and Davis'.

The Yanks are letting natural market forces (in a purer sense), competition and the urge to be the best dictate what they do. The other teams in other sports revolve around artificial means and use collusion.

BFLO Bills IN BFLO would be just fine with a smart and "business first" owner line Ralph at the helm more of a real world market that exists in MLB. If they didn't they would just leave BFLO for greener pastures.... That I could handle. I can't handle the blantant collusion that exists in other games... Even more than the pre-cap NBA collusion when the Braves left for the west coast.

Sounds like someone's in need of a wahmbulance...

And Fireman Ed? WTF?!?!?! And the Flyers BLOW. If you're a Buffalonian and root for the Flyers, you have ZERO sense of history.

I didn't say I rooted for the Flyers. I hate the Flyers. EII accused me of liking the Flyers because I root for the Phillies. I responded by mocking his lahjik that if he likes the Yankees, he must like the Jets.

The Yankees are the Cowboys are the Lakers are the Patriots. Bills-Yankees fans deny it but it's true.

I have been a Yankees fan since 1960. :thumbsup:

I hope this is a good series!

Most of us aren't from Minnesooter :P

I know - I'm just surprised because the Twins are the small market fighting against the big market. Granted, their payroll is pretty high now thanks mainly to Mauer and Morneau (who is injured...), but I'd still think more people would root for the underdog.

Tomorrow's game is at 5:07 CST - what a strange start time! Can't wait to go though - never been to a playoff game before. :)