MLB Playoffs Set To Go

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Es, tu, Rock? :(

I'm surprised there aren't more Twins fans in here...

I like the Twins, they are full of Rochester Red Wings, which means Triple A Rochester is supporting their parent club!

I have not been a big Wings fan since they tore down Silver Stadium. I liked that place!

I'll bet at game 2 of the Twins/Yankees series. GO TWINS!

You lucky dog!

LETS GO YANKEES!

LETS GO YANKEES!

LETS GO YANKEES!

This ^

ahem...

LET'S GO YANKEES

And this. ^

The once, present and future champs, the ORIGINAL throwback uni, the One team above all others in all other sports: the New York Yankees!

All Hail!:worthy:

Joe G. is already reserving jersey number 29 for the '11 season.

Don't share this confidence though. I don't think the Yanks have the starting pitching to get it done this season. Philly is looking like the way to bet for the 2010 playoffs.

I didn't say I rooted for the Flyers. I hate the Flyers. EII accused me of liking the Flyers because I root for the Phillies. I responded by mocking his lahjik that if he likes the Yankees, he must like the Jets.

The Yankees are the Cowboys are the Lakers are the Patriots. Bills-Yankees fans deny it but it's true.

:oops: :oops: Sorry if I did... I thought I was grumbling like Mutlley over what AJ said... Again, sorry!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Halladay :worthy:

Unreal, Doc.

How you like me now?

That having been said, John Hirshbeck's strike zone was ENORMOUS. My commentary on a Phillies board:

John Hirshbeck will call a strike before collective bargaining starts.

John Hirshbeck will call a strike when you knock down only 6 pins.

John Hirshbeck will call a strike before you take the match out of the box.

I'm the biggest Phillies homer, but he certainly had some help. Hirshbeck was calling it both ways, tho. The Phillies didn't do much after the 2nd when Travis Wood relived Volquez.

Great game though. Going on my "Keep until I delete" roster along with the Phillies '08 WS win, Roy's Perfect Game in May, and "Band of Brothers: The Last Patrol".

:)

Halladay :worthy:

Unreal, Doc.

So I guess the post season pressure kinda got to him, huh? :rolleyes:

I hadn't even planned on watching any of this game but flipped it on in the bottom of the 8th when I got home. That last out was a little scary!

So I guess the post season pressure kinda got to him, huh? :rolleyes:

I hadn't even planned on watching any of this game but flipped it on in the bottom of the 8th when I got home. That last out was a little scary!

A six foot hit would have been awful. Amazing outing and our Phillies house was loving every minute of it.

Best team money can buy.

Not this year. This year they are a good team money can buy. Not a World Series champ team.

Yankees pitching is way suspect. It's like the Phillies and Yankees switched advantages from last year to this. Last year the Yankees pitching was dominant and the Phillies were suspect after Lee. This year the Yankees pitching is suspect top to bottom, even CC is not himself, and the Phils pitching is amazing.

Not this year. This year they are a good team money can buy. Not a World Series champ team.

Yankees pitching is way suspect. It's like the Phillies and Yankees switched advantages from last year to this. Last year the Yankees pitching was dominant and the Phillies were suspect after Lee. This year the Yankees pitching is suspect top to bottom, even CC is not himself, and the Phils pitching is amazing.

Good, hopefully the Twins will win tonight then. :)

I wouldn't count on the Twins to knock them out...might have to wait for the Rays.

But I'm going to the game and really want to see a win. ;)

I'd like the Twins to win the next 3 in a row - but I'll take just tonight if possible. ;)

Really? :blink:

CC's stats for 2010 compare favorably against his career numbers. His WHIP is 1.191 vs 1.228, his ERA is 3.18 vs. 3.57, and his ERA+ is 134 vs. 123. I'd say CC has been just a tad better than himself. He's probably the 3rd best ace still playing. I'd put him behind Halladay & Lee but ahead of Price, Liriano, Lincecum, and the rest. He'll probably in the Cy Young award because sportswriters are bad at math (that's why they're sportswriters).

Really? :blink:

CC's stats for 2010 compare favorably against his career numbers. His WHIP is 1.191 vs 1.228, his ERA is 3.18 vs. 3.57, and his ERA+ is 134 vs. 123. I'd say CC has been just a tad better than himself. He's probably the 3rd best ace still playing. I'd put him behind Halladay & Lee but ahead of Price, Liriano, Lincecum, and the rest. He'll probably in the Cy Young award because sportswriters are bad at math (that's why they're sportswriters).

Seems to be struggling more of late. Don't get me wrong: He's a beast. He just doesn't seem to be pitching at his best late this season.

And after him, the starters are questionable. Petite is a clutch player but Yankees fans have to be holding their breath as he takes the mound.