MLB Playoffs Set To Go

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Jim, how could this $82 million pitcher possibly pitch a decent game in his home ballpark?!?

A couple of years ago I was watching an interleague game between the Angels and the Dodgers. I switched to the Dodgers telecast because I hadn't listened to Vin Scully in long time and I used to love him. Ten minutes in I'm yelling at the TV. Vin, vin......yo vinnie......SHUT THE !@#$ UP!!!! :wallbash:

At least this one actually landed over the fence.

Looked like it actually landed ON the fence, so while Cruz might have had it, it's fair game to the crowd.

And now we almost have Steve Bartman, part 2! What an idiot.

This is shaping up to be a a good game.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Phillies haven't hit for jack this entire post-season or regular season or last post-season. Unless the starters keep pitching shut-outs, they could bomb right out.

Halladay's no-no, the story of the post-season, is about the only way to the WS the way the Phillies aren't hitting.

Thanks for telling us you need to score to win :P

They did have a million injuries this year and for however overrated their offense may have been, was still better than the Giants. Still think they take the series if they win the next game - granted a big if given how much they struggle vs. lefties. My God that contract they gave Howard was terrible.

:thumbsup:

It's not too often you see Yankee Stadium emptied out in the top of the 9th two night in a row.

Game was lost before Hamilton did anything tonight. As I mentioned in the Baseball forum, this series was lost in July when they failed to land Lee and Texas swept in and grabbed him. Cashman NEEDS to address the #2 and #3 starting pitchers. Congratulations to the Rangers, you were the better managed, better run team THIS YEAR. See you next year.

Game was lost before Hamilton did anything tonight. As I mentioned in the Baseball forum, this series was lost in July when they failed to land Lee and Texas swept in and grabbed him. Cashman NEEDS to address the #2 and #3 starting pitchers. Congratulations to the Rangers, you were the better managed, better run team THIS YEAR. See you next year.

Lee is not a #2. I'd take him over CC in a heartbeat.

+1 (thank God!)

+ 2 ( thank God! )

:thumbsup:

It's not too often you see Yankee Stadium emptied out in the top of the 9th two night in a row.

Yep!!

Thanks for the compliment. However....still ONE HUGE game to go!!!

Utley has been far worse than Howard. His defense the last two post-seasons has a certain Sax/Knoblauch feel to it. Been pretty bad with the bat so far this year too

Utley has had a down year, but he's been hurt. And he's not making $125mill at a relatively unimportant position where players don't last as long (1st basemen are like Running Backs); and he's not a strikeout machine who is useless against lefty pitching.

I know - I'm not giving up. Three years ago, Indians were up on Sox 3-1. In '04, we also all know what happened.

If you can't hit and you can't pitch, you can't win. These Texas pitchers look like Nolan Ryan/Sandy Koufax out there, and they're a bunch of bums outside of Lee.