MLB Playoffs Set To Go

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!!!

As much as I love the Yanks, it was cool to see the fans after their team made to the Series for the first time. The Rangers are definitely the better team, and I love Josh Hamilton's story (didn't love him killing the Yanks that much, though!)......Man, he looks like Roy Hobbs - perfect swing and the definition of a 5 tool player.

Let me get this straight. If the Yankees had won, the East Coast kids get Phils game six at 4pm but won't get to see Yankees game 7 at 8pm. With the Yankees losing, kids don't get to see Phils game 6 because it's an 8pm start.

Ever wonder why football is so popular? Besides being a better game, kids get to see lots of the most important games. You can grow up being a fan.

MLB: Thinking of the future.

Let me get this straight. If the Yankees had won, the East Coast kids get Phils game six at 4pm but won't get to see Yankees game 7 at 8pm. With the Yankees losing, kids don't get to see Phils game 6 because it's an 8pm start.

Ever wonder why football is so popular? Besides being a better game, kids get to see lots of the most important games. You can grow up being a fan.

Not to mention changing the start time of the game with less than one day notice! :doh:

The Rangers remind me a lot of the Angels. With Vlad, Bengie and Darren Oliver they look a lot like them. Unfortunately if the Giants win I'll have to root against them. And I'll be one of the twelve people watching the series. I would love to see the networks get shafted. :thumbsup:

When I came home last night after the game I told my wife that I felt a closer bond to the Giants after just two seasons than I did after following the Angels for more than 25 years. The reason? I live in the city. For one year off the Embarcadero three blocks from the park and now about eight blocks from the park. In soCal I only spent 7 of those 25 years in the same county as the Angels and nowhere near the ball park. You get a certain attachment to the team when you drive by their park every day after work, shop at the grocery store right across the street, walk by it on walks on the weekend, see the banners, the crowds, the scalpers in your neighborhood. It's fun living in this city but it does have its drawbacks too.

You are right!! It does make a difference!!! My home here in Arlington Texas is 5 miles south of the Ballpark in Arlington and the new Cowboys Stadium. It is NEAT to drive by these locations while running errands. The play of my Rangers excites me when I see their park...however the play of my "Girls"...is a downer when I pass by their new place.

The Rangers remind me a lot of the Angels. With Vlad, Bengie and Darren Oliver they look a lot like them. Unfortunately if the Giants win I'll have to root against them. And I'll be one of the twelve people watching the series. I would love to see the networks get shafted. :thumbsup:

I agree the Rangers do remind even me of those Angles!!! The team has incorporated some of their station to station style of play. They push the pedal on the bases too...sometimes to the bad and sometimes to the good but it keeps the other team on guard. They have finally been able to get enough good pitching to match with their hitting. Yes...it is ALWAYS fun to see the networks get the match up they didn't want to cover. Thanks for your possible support of the Rangers!!

You are right!! It does make a difference!!! My home here in Arlington Texas is 5 miles south of the Ballpark in Arlington and the new Cowboys Stadium. It is NEAT to drive by these locations while running errands. The play of my Rangers excites me when I see their park...however the play of my "Girls"...is a downer when I pass by their new place.

I get the same feeling whenever I drive by the Ralph.......Why are you on a Bills board, being a Cowboys fan?

Edited by bbb

Great points!!! Most fans of baseball grew up on afternoon playoff/world series games. That routine no longer is true and the game has lost the opportunity to ''grow'' more fans.

Great points!!! Most fans of baseball grew up on afternoon playoff/world series games. That routine no longer is true and the game has lost the opportunity to ''grow'' more fans.

But, this has been the same story for over 20 years or more. The first generation or two are already adults.

I don't think this is much of an issue on Saturday night (I know when I was a kid, I would have been able to watch this whole game), but I agree that the weekday games are an issue.

As much as I love the Yanks, it was cool to see the fans after their team made to the Series for the first time. The Rangers are definitely the better team, and I love Josh Hamilton's story (didn't love him killing the Yanks that much, though!)......Man, he looks like Roy Hobbs - perfect swing and the definition of a 5 tool player.

Thanks for the nice remarks!!! Josh Hamilton...a great story...a great series at the same time playing about 90% with some broken ribs that still AREN"T healed!!!

I get the same feeling whenever I drive by the Ralph.......Why are you on a Bills board, being a Cowboys fan?

It started 2 years ago. I belong to a non football club with fellow TBD member Aussiew.

You do realize today is Saturday right?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!!!!!!

Beware of the claw and the antlers!!

The Giants win the pennant!

The Giants win the pennant!

The Giants win the pennant!!

:beer:

Beware of the claw and the antlers!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIANTS WIN THE PENNANT!!!!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm really starting to like these Giants. I've been following them alot closer this year, and I'm a big fan of Lincecum. They played a hard fought series and pulled it out, I'm rooting for them to take it all.

You do realize today is Saturday right?

Yeah. That game ended around 1130. Not many kids can do that. And very few kids would keep any level of excitement that late. Game 7 would have been an 8pm schoolnight start.

Giants were awesome. That young team should make a lot of waves for years.

Edited by Peace