MLB Playoffs Set To Go

I've been a fan of the Yankees for over 45 years. Whats your question then.

Lee pitch great, what can I say?

You could say that if they lost 1-0 or 2-1 but they got their asses kicked last night. Lee could have given up 6 games worth of runs and the Yankees still would have lost.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could say that if they lost 1-0 or 2-1 but they got their asses kicked last night. Lee could have given up 6 games worth of runs and the Yankees still would have lost.

Yup, he could have, but it still would have been a loss no matter what the score was. An L is an L.

No, that's not how it happened. Andy kept it a two run game, and pitched very good. It was 2-0 going into the ninth and then the Rangers scored 6 on the Yanks bullpen........So, in the bottom of the ninth, it would have been interesting to see how Lee would do on a high pitch count or the bullpen (if the Yanks bullpen hadn't imploded itself).

No, that's not how it happened. Andy kept it a two run game, and pitched very good. It was 2-0 going into the ninth and then the Rangers scored 6 on the Yanks bullpen........So, in the bottom of the ninth, it would have been interesting to see how Lee would do on a high pitch count or the bullpen (if the Yanks bullpen hadn't imploded itself).

Not my point. Eryn said Lee piched great. But that's not why they lost. They lost because as you mentioned the bullpen imploded.

Didn't say they would have. But they could have. You can't deny the fact that the bullpen totally !@#$ed that game up last nigth.

OK. Just wanted you to be clear. Because you said:

But that's not why they lost. They lost because as you mentioned the bullpen imploded.

Didn't say they would have. But they could have. You can't deny the fact that the bullpen totally !@#$ed that game up last nigth.

It was a loss either way. If the bullpen hadn't blown up, LEe finishes the game. And even though his pitch count was 122, there's no way he was coming out if it was 2-0.

The Yankees have dead bats and poor pitching. The Phillies have dead bats and great pitching. Texas has to be the hottest team right now.

:D

Cha-Ching!!

Scott Boras: Mr. Cashman, you must sign my client to this egregiously large contract because, 1) The taxes in your state are ridiculous while in Texas there is no state income tax and B) If you do not sign him he will continue to destroy your team in the post season. Now, where was the glass of blood, errr... I mean tomato juice I was enjoying?

It was a loss either way. If the bullpen hadn't blown up, LEe finishes the game. And even though his pitch count was 122, there's no way he was coming out if it was 2-0.

The Yankees have dead bats and poor pitching. The Phillies have dead bats and great pitching. Texas has to be the hottest team right now.

So you're saying had the bullpen held in the 9th there was still no way the Yankees would have won?

So you're saying had the bullpen held in the 9th there was still no way the Yankees would have won?

That's what I'm saying.

Do you think that somehow the Yankees were about to take down Cliff Lee nee Steinbrenner?

That's what I'm saying.

Do you think that somehow the Yankees were about to take down Cliff Lee nee Steinbrenner?

I have no clue and neither do you. You come to the plate in the bottom of the ninth down by two at home with a whole different attitude than down by eight.

The Phillies have dead bats and great pitching.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Phillies haven't hit for jack this entire post-season or regular season or last post-season. Unless the starters keep pitching shut-outs, they could bomb right out.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Phillies haven't hit for jack this entire post-season or regular season or last post-season. Unless the starters keep pitching shut-outs, they could bomb right out.

Keep pitching shutouts?? They just lost game three 3-0. I love rooting for west coast teams. No one knows abou them.

Keep pitching shutouts?? They just lost game three 3-0. I love rooting for west coast teams. No one knows abou them.

Halladay's no-no, the story of the post-season, is about the only way to the WS the way the Phillies aren't hitting.

Gee, I didn't realize that AJ Burnett was the first guy to ever start a playoff game after having an off year. dry.gif

The way they are going on about him, you'd think the guy just woke up from a six month coma.

I really, really, really hate the talking heads in sports. They have ruined sports for me. Just shut the !@#$ up!!!