MLB Playoffs Set To Go

Since you guys are conflating quality with popularity, I'd like to remind you that the #1 television show in America is usually "Two and a Half Men".

Yah, but so what? When I hear a morning talk show on the radio talk about last night's American Idol or Dancing with the Stars, I've found that changing the channel works better than complaining on TBD.

Edited by BuffOrange

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By "you guys" I assume you mean Peace.

Because I, for one, have enjoyed MLB more than the NFL's commercial-laden product for the past 5 years, at least.

Right. 5 years ago when by your own admission, you became a Yankees fan!

For all your insulting Cowherd talking out his butt, you are doing it yourself.

Hockey ratings are not in decline:

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/wstv.shtml

Soccer ratings for the World Cup this year set sport records. Major League Soccer ratings are flat while attendance is up.

http://www.blnz.com/news/2010/04/22/appears_expand_Montreal_3367.html

MLB, however: In decline. (Also NBA.)

You don't get it, Adams. I'm not saying Cowherd is wrong. (Please point me to where you said you don't listen to him, because I don't recall that). I'm saying that he can talk 100% football for all I care, without insulting the number 2 sport in the country.

Where am I talking out my butt?

BTW, you want to say MLB attendance is in decline. I don't think it's in decline as much as NFL attendance is, so you can use stats any way you want. Like saying hockey's TV ratings aren't in decline because they had a 1 year Olympic year uptick, bringing them from microscopic to minscule.

Since you guys are conflating quality with popularity, I'd like to remind you that the #1 television show in America is usually "Two and a Half Men".

And, as Chef pointed out, the songs at the top of the charts are the music equivalent of Two and a Half Men.

Baseball is still and will always be the national pastime... It is played everyday from April to the first of October... Then the playoffs/WS to early November... That is almost 8 months. The only break in there is around the All-Star game when all teams get a day. Want a game to pass the time... You can find it anytime... Even during the day and normal working hours.

Why wait around till Sunday... Monday... And sometimes Thursday?

I think Howie Long said it best: "Baseball is America's pastime, but football is America's passion."