• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And it will still get us to 4-12.

What's the difference?

Exactly.

So why are we still trying keep Edwards in there?

We already know that Fitz has a ceiling, and that ceiling is slightly higher than Edward's.

Since the OL is not suddenly going to fix itself, why not play the guy that gets a little more production out of the O?

Exactly.

So why are we still trying keep Edwards in there?

We already know that Fitz has a ceiling, and that ceiling is slightly higher than Edward's.

Since the OL is not suddenly going to fix itself, why not play the guy that gets a little more production out of the O?

I don't think Fitzpatrick's inaccurate rag arm gives him a higher ceiling than anybody.

And I don't think that putting a different QB in there is going to result in noticeably better results.

I don't think Fitzpatrick's inaccurate rag arm gives him a higher ceiling than anybody.

We'll agree to disagree.

And I don't think that putting a different QB in there is going to result in noticeably better results.

Probably not. But at this point, I am so sick of "Will Not", "Probably Not" is a much better option.

Yeah, I'm comparing Edwards to two of the best QB's on the planet. <_<

And considering that both of those guys will hold the ball in a collapsing pocket until the sun sets and that a lot of those sacks came more than 5 seconds after the snap, I'd say yes, they were much better than the Bills, who will have the worst OLine in the NFL for the second year in a row.

Watch any other team in the NFL and if you have any idea what you're looking at you will instantly see the huge difference in how their OLine operates.

I was watching some "Classic Bills" clips on Youtube the other day

I was struck by the huge difference in how the OL played vs. our current OL.

Compared to this line, it seemed as though Kelly had all day to go through his progressions.

I disagree with this. Granted, the different QB isn't on the roster at the moment but a veteran NFL quality starter could step in and do a much better job than Edwards. Tasker kept droning on about how the no huddle attack was responsible for the TD drive but that was only a part of it. The real difference on that drive is that Trent took a three a step drop, planted and threw. The protection wasn't much better he just got rid of the ball quickly and - low and behold - they could suddenly move the ball.

Granted, you can't do a 3 step drop every play but if we'd see more of this from the play calling and more quick decisions from Trent the OL wouldn't look anywhere near as bad and it would keep the D off balance and keep the on their heels.

I agree that we have the worst pass blocking OL in the NFL but the thing that has me scratching my head is if Trent KNOWS the OL can't maintain a block for more than a few seconds why the hell does he sit back there holding the ball or try to buy time by running (which never works)? Make a decision and throw the ball. I found myself screaming at the TV yesterday the same thing I did with Losman, "THROW THE BALL!"

If TE sits on the bench, who do we start? We don't have a Peyton Manning or Drew Brees on the bench to replace him. C'mon! Unfortunately, he is all we have a this point. Listen, you and everyone else need to understand that we are going to BLOW this year until we fix the O-line and get a QB in here to play football. Suck it up Sister!

Just give me someone with a set of balls to take a risk and make a play.

Its the same as everything else in life, you want to succeed sometimes you gotta take a risk and just do it....Trent has never done that in his career and frankly my patience is running out for this guy. Start Fitzy start Brohm bring in Bad bad levi brown i dont care just someone who wont accept the status quo like this DJ clone

I agree...And I know most folks don't pay attention to my thoughts around here, at least the smart ones don't...But anyone who does knows I'm not a Fitz fan whatsoever...Still, until he gets the chance I'm going to wonder how Fitz (or Brohm for that matter) would do running Gailey's Offense...It has nothing to do with a feeling like either will do better, I'm just curious I guess... B-)

I was at the game, and just like last year was yelling throw the ball... Guys were open. Were they open by a mile, NO? but who is in the NFL. The Nfl has small windows of opportunity for a WR and if u hesitate for a half second, u miss them. Edwards second guesses ad doubt what he sees, adn ends up holding onto the ball too long. TO used to get the most separation of any Bills WR i have ever seen last year due to his route running abilities, and Edwards still refused to throw it. After yesterdays game i am not high pn Edwards and he really holds this offense back. He is the weak link for the entire team. Confidence and slow decision making can't really be coached or corrected by watching film. IMO

Again, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roehtlesberger were the most sacked QBs in the NFL last year, which means they had pressure on lots of other occasions, and they were among the top rated passers in the NFL. The Oline would be a lot better with a QB that has talent

Rodgers and Roethlisberger hold the ball a very very long time. That's why they were sacked a lot. Their o-lines weren't nearly as bad as ours.

Word

Fitz gives us the best chance to win. Brohm still may price to be an average NFL qb. Something Trent is not. Cut him. The guy is a panzy

I agree, Fitz may not be an all star athlete, in fact i think he is a notch below edwards in this category, however, he is three notches above edwards in terms of his timing and getting the ball out to the "open" receiver. I liek Fitz decision making better. Edwards last play of the game says it all to me. Game is on the line, you have nothing to lose, 3 wr'S STREAKING DEEP, and 2 shallow, he throws the ball to David Nelson for a gain of 6 when we have 80 yards to go in 5 seconds. That says it all to me, he's a pansy who cares about his stats. Your coach takes a safety to give you another opportunity to score, and he throws it incomplete 3 times in a throw, then throws a 6 yard dump off pass on 4th down. It makes you want to puke. i feel sorry for every Bills fan, and every player on the team having to go through this bad quarterback era of the Bills.

Edwards talks the talk, and talks a great game, even produces in preseason on Ocassion, but when it comes time to produce on the field and earn your money, he's a sever underperformer.

Edited by Stussy109

I was watching some "Classic Bills" clips on Youtube the other day

I was struck by the huge difference in how the OL played vs. our current OL.

Compared to this line, it seemed as though Kelly had all day to go through his progressions.

When the defense has to worry about a pass deeper than 10 yards, this is the result, you get more space and breathing room.

Right...Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlesberger would look just as bad as Edwards with this OLine. Keep believing that. I'm sure their Olines that allowed 50 sacks a piece last year(more than the Bills allowed combined for all the QBs) were sooo much better....

Aaron Rogers and Big Ben are much better than TE. That being said, sack numbers do not measure pass protection. Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson played behind the same line.

A better QB would perform better with our line. A more mobile QB could do more behind our line.

Pittsburg and GB have infinitely better offensive lines than we do.

Please stop beating this mind numbing drum.

IF we had decent protection I think Trent would be the better option. Under the current circumstaces I think you get more from Fitzpatrick. He lacks Trent's physical abilities, but is better under pressure.

I disagree with this. Granted, the different QB isn't on the roster at the moment but a veteran NFL quality starter could step in and do a much better job than Edwards. Tasker kept droning on about how the no huddle attack was responsible for the TD drive but that was only a part of it. The real difference on that drive is that Trent took a three a step drop, planted and threw. The protection wasn't much better he just got rid of the ball quickly and - low and behold - they could suddenly move the ball.

Granted, you can't do a 3 step drop every play but if we'd see more of this from the play calling and more quick decisions from Trent the OL wouldn't look anywhere near as bad and it would keep the D off balance and keep the on their heels.

I agree that we have the worst pass blocking OL in the NFL but the thing that has me scratching my head is if Trent KNOWS the OL can't maintain a block for more than a few seconds why the hell does he sit back there holding the ball or try to buy time by running (which never works)? Make a decision and throw the ball. I found myself screaming at the TV yesterday the same thing I did with Losman, "THROW THE BALL!"

If I was the coach, I'd fine Edwards everytime he threw the ball less than 5 yards, and everytime he took a sack of more than 3 seconds.

Edwards is in the wrong offense, not that it would matter too much if he was in the right one.

This offense needs a QB who can scramble and make positive things happen when the pleay isn't

there, or the protection breaks down. This guy is not good at improvising, and never will be.

Can you imagine how well this offense would work if you had someone like Terrelle Prryor back

there. We can only hope now, that we get somebody like him. The OL is adequate, not great, but

I see improvement from them, game to game, the same can not be said about our QB