To those at the game...

Big Turk

For anyone at the game, were receivers open at all during the game, or was Edwards paralysis caused by receivers who were blanketed the whole game? I am betting Edwards was the issue, since he needs a receiver to be open by 3 or 4 yards before he throws the ball.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Combination of no separation and Edwards "deer in the headlights" act. I have defended TE more than once, but he was brutal. The only thing I can say in his defense is the O-line sucked. I saw Wood get blown up, Green get blown around and absolutely no push in the running game.

I don't care who you put in there, it's going to be a long year with that kind of line play. But Yeah, TE froze. He sucked.

I hate Stroud even more. 300 lb blocking sled. Was in on one play.

They were open but it wasn't like the last couple years when he'd stare down open WRs but be too afraid to chuck it.

It was worse.

It was like Losman. Trent would take the snap and immediately sense a fake passrush and take his eyes off of his WRs and start drifting around for no reason. He regressed badly today.

I concur. We need a receiver that can get his ass down the field......and TE needs to sit his ass on the bench. :angry:

If TE sits on the bench, who do we start? We don't have a Peyton Manning or Drew Brees on the bench to replace him. C'mon! Unfortunately, he is all we have a this point. Listen, you and everyone else need to understand that we are going to BLOW this year until we fix the O-line and get a QB in here to play football. Suck it up Sister!

If TE sits on the bench, who do we start? We don't have a Peyton Manning or Drew Brees on the bench to replace him. C'mon! Unfortunately, he is all we have a this point. Listen, you and everyone else need to understand that we are going to BLOW this year until we fix the O-line and get a QB in here to play football. Suck it up Sister!

Again, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roehtlesberger were the most sacked QBs in the NFL last year, which means they had pressure on lots of other occasions, and they were among the top rated passers in the NFL. The Oline would be a lot better with a QB that has talent

They were open but it wasn't like the last couple years when he'd stare down open WRs but be too afraid to chuck it.

It was worse.

It was like Losman. Trent would take the snap and immediately sense a fake passrush and take his eyes off of his WRs and start drifting around for no reason. He regressed badly today.

Edwards took a huge shot in the first quarter. He does not play well if you hit him hard early. Unfortunately with this OL it's going to happen a lot.

It was worse.

Im telling you it is his hair in his eyes

I think the major problem is that he does not try and fit it into a tight space like all the GOOD qbs do.

This is the problem. He lacks the confidence to put the ball in small places which is what you have to do in the NFL. Guys aren't going to be 4-5 yards open, there are going to be small spaces (for brief moments) and Edwards has got to pull the trigger. He's going to safely play himself out of a career if he doesn't.

Trent would take the snap and immediately sense a fake passrush and take his eyes off of his WRs and start drifting around for no reason.

The offense got blown off of the ball so quickly and easily on every play that it was a total cakewalk for Miami. I've never seen anyhing that bad, including last year's team.

:blink:

Again, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roehtlesberger were the most sacked QBs in the NFL last year, which means they had pressure on lots of other occasions, and they were among the top rated passers in the NFL. The Oline would be a lot better with a QB that has talent

That's right. I forgot we have an Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roehtlesberger on the bench chomping at the bit to replace Edwards and take us to the playoffs. Wow! Where is my head?????? Forget that I said we need an O-line AND QB before we can be effective.

:blink:

Actually, I agree with him and those statements - while seemily contradictory - are both true.

For the majority of the plays the OL sucked, but on the few times when they did provide protection (and even pick up a blitz) Edwards would sense pressure where the was none. He'd quickly dump it off or break the pocket when all he had to do was step forward. Admittedly, this only happened a handful of times but it's not a good sign. Granted, if he got better protection from the OL he likely wouldn't be so skittish on plays when they did their job...

That's right. I forgot we have an Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roehtlesberger on the bench chomping at the bit to replace Edwards and take us to the playoffs. Wow! Where is my head?????? Forget that I said we need an O-line AND QB before we can be effective.

I am saying a good QB would make this OLine look a lot better.