I guess killing dogs is worse than raping a human

major

Just heard that Big Ben will probably only miss 4 games this year. HUH? Compare Mike Vick's suspension to Ben R's suspension. When you do the comparison something doesn't add up. Big Ben should have been suspended from the league for at least a year, or maybe more. There is no excuse for rape or killing dogs. Both men should be out of the league.

Your thoughts?

Just heard that Big Ben will probably only miss 4 games this year. HUH? Compare Mike Vick's suspension to Ben R's suspension. When you do the comparison something doesn't add up. Big Ben should have been suspended from the league for at least a year, or maybe more. There is no excuse for rape or killing dogs. Both men should be out of the league.

Your thoughts?

Simple answer: there was no rape conviction. In fact, there were no rape charges. Much different that actually being charged and convicted with a crime.

Your thoughts?

Well, Mike Vick was convicted of killing dogs and served prison time for it. Big Ben, although very stupid, was not convicted of a crime in a court of law. He was, however, convicted in the court of Goodell and this is the basis for the suspension. Had he been charged and convicted/pled guilty to the charges, we would have a whole other ball game. By your same logic, you could say shooting yourself in the leg is worse than raping girls. Again, I am by no means condoning Ben's actions. All I am saying is he was not charged with a crime nor was he convicted. I think 4 games is a pretty stiff punishment for something that was alleged.

I dont really want to get into this, but i will just say "alleged" rapist, vs convicted interstate gambler. I dont believe Vick was actually suspended for the dog killings. It was for being convicted and sent to prison for running a gambling ring. If i am wrong, then well, there you go...it wont be the first time....If Big Ben had been convicted and sent to prison for rape, i bet he would get a year long suspension at least...

others beat me to the same reason...

Edited by Zona

Last i checked Goodell isn't a police officer, or a judge. He is at the same level as Paul Bart Mall Cop. comparing Vick to Big Ben is stupid. Big Ben wasn't convicted of a crime.

Who really cares anyway. Goodell is a terrible commish and has done nothing for the NFL.

Your thoughts?

my thoughts?

It's ridiculous to try to compare the two

You have 1 guy who was convicted of a felony

You have another who was not only not convicted, but not even charged of the crimes

Don't think about the crimes they committed and you'll see how ridiculous the comparison really is

That being said, anyone convicted of a felony should automatically be banned from the NFL for life

Your thoughts?

Thoughts?

Damn you are stupid.

Your thoughts?

my thoughts? the two arent even comparable, and your over-simplification is even more ridiculous.

Your thoughts?

other than the fact that your entire premise is based on conjecture and a false comparison, i can come to no other conclusion than raping a dog is worse than killing a human.

Your thoughts?

I hate the idea of getting any suspension reduced. It's reduced for good behavior? What the hell?! You're SUPPOSED act civil and be a decent person. You don't get rewarded for it. You do it because it's the decent thing to do. Full suspension and pay your dues...

I hate the idea of getting any suspension reduced. It's reduced for good behavior? What the hell?! You're SUPPOSED act civil and be a decent person. You don't get rewarded for it. You do it because it's the decent thing to do. Full suspension and pay your dues...

I TAKE CARE UH MA KIDZ!!!

Won't someone please bring up Donte Stallworth again? There's no way this thread is complete without that being added.

dry.gif

Donte Stallworth:thumbsup:

Your thoughts?

forget killing dogs , looked what they did to ricky williams for smoking pot. smoke pot lose two years of your career , assult at least girls two get 4 games

crazy times

Stop being logical .... facts .. who cares?

second time he was accused , whispers of even more. defend if you want, but do it at your own peril . He will strike agian

I'll admit I'm biased against Big Ben. Someone I know is good friends with the girl that was raped by Big Ben. They decided not to go to court due to the extreme publicity that the case would bring. I'm fairly certain that Big Ben did it; however, it never went to trial.

If Big Ben played for the Buccs or Rams, he'd get his suspension lengthened. Its not so much about the crime as it is the profile of the player/team.

I agree , not even going tot bring up the race argument, oops i did

Has an NFL player ever been convicted of rape? Given the series of violent crimes against women that they're regularly busted for, I'm fairly certain the rapes have happened. The incidence rate of rape is high enough that the 1600+ active NFL players at any given time is just randomly likely to produce a few. But I can't think of any convictions.

In any case, I would guess that a conviction would be career-ending for an NFL player, even if somehow the prison sentence didn't take care of that for Goodell. Beyond that, I don't think it's unfair for the NFL to use a looser standard than the criminal justice system for determining player suspensions. Goodell's the boss, as agreed to by all parties in the last CBA and probably again whenever they work the next one out. He can make his own calls on the evidence - and his cost/benefit analysis is different than a DA in pursuing charges. Until he seems to abusing that, I don't have a problem with it. He's certainly empowered to punish league employees for non-illegal activity anyway - spygate wasn't a crime, as far as I know.

I'll admit I'm biased against Big Ben. Someone I know is good friends with the girl that was raped by Big Ben. They decided not to go to court due to the extreme publicity that the case would bring. I'm fairly certain that Big Ben did it; however, it never went to trial.

If she had been raped, it would have been very easy to prove that Ben did it. There is a reason this never even amounted to charges being filed.

I assume that you are not a lawyer:rolleyes:

Your thoughts?

actually Vick was banned for something like 3 games for committing a violent felony, while Ben is banned for 4 games for being accused of a crime. Vick was barely suspended, he couldn't play because he was in jail. The fact is Vick was treated with kid gloves and that's the part that doesn't add up.

actually Vick was banned for something like 3 games for committing a violent felony, while Ben is banned for 4 games for being accused of a crime. Vick was barely suspended, he couldn't play because he was in jail. The fact is Vick was treated with kid gloves and that's the part that doesn't add up.

Bingo! Vick got away scott free (or close) from the NFL.

I will admit Roger has no idea about handing out punishment. Same kind of thing is going on with Shaun Rogers... guy has already been suspended 4 games for violating the leagues drug policy... brings a gun to the airport, charged with a felony.... gets a fine, makes no sense. Lynch has the same gun charge with no prior suspensions by the nfl and gets 4 games... i don't get it.

I will admit Roger has no idea about handing out punishment. Same kind of thing is going on with Shaun Rogers... guy has already been suspended 4 games for violating the leagues drug policy... brings a gun to the airport, charged with a felony.... gets a fine, makes no sense. Lynch has the same gun charge with no prior suspensions by the nfl and gets 4 games... i don't get it.

How about because every situation isn't the same and shouldn't be treated the same?

Lynch was in a hit and run and there is a VERY good chance he was drunk when it happened. He embarrassed the **** out of the NFL (with a bunch of help from the BILLS, of course) with his actions both that night and in the follow up legal process. Then a story surfaces about him having a run in over a tip in a restaurant. Not long after he gets arrested IN HIS CAR with DRUGS and a GUN. How exactly is the NFL supposed to react when he committed similar WILLFUL acts?

I really hope most of you are never in charge of anything.

How about because every situation isn't the same and shouldn't be treated the same?

Lynch was in a hit and run and there is a VERY good chance he was drunk when it happened. He embarrassed the **** out of the NFL (with a bunch of help from the BILLS, of course) with his actions both that night and in the follow up legal process. Then a story surfaces about him having a run in over a tip in a restaurant. Not long after he gets arrested IN HIS CAR with DRUGS and a GUN. How exactly is the NFL supposed to react when he committed similar WILLFUL acts?

I really hope most of you are never in charge of anything.

so let me get this straight, its ok to be proven to be using drugs(not passing a drug test) which can be just as bad to the NFL and the team that it happens too. Then you bring a GUN to an airport and that situation should be treated differently? please explain. YOU GET CHARGED WITH THE SAME CRIME AS LYNCH DID. Rogers got off with a freaking FINE... no suspension at all. Im not defending what lynch did and i think you think thats what i'm implying... i'm simply saying that if carrying a gun gets you 4 games for 1 person, it should get you 4 games for another person... especially if both people have prior offenses.

so let me get this straight, its ok to be proven to be using drugs(not passing a drug test) which can be just as bad to the NFL and the team that it happens too. Then you bring a GUN to an airport and that situation should be treated differently? please explain. YOU GET CHARGED WITH THE SAME CRIME AS LYNCH DID. Rogers got off with a freaking FINE... no suspension at all. Im not defending what lynch did and i think you think thats what i'm implying... i'm simply saying that if carrying a gun gets you 4 games for 1 person, it should get you 4 games for another person... especially if both people have prior offenses.

The commish probably has a lot more info than has been made public. But I agree, on the surface it seems like an unusually light slap on the hand for Rogers.

See here's the thing. I don't understand the media's love fest with Rodger Goodell. I really don't see anything positive from him being the commish. PLayers are getting suspended more i guess but I don't see the players slowing down anybit. Does anyone know if the number of arrests against the players had decreased?

How do you know Lynch got 4 games for carrying a gun? How do you know that Goodell didn't tell him after their first meeting that if he saw him again he was going to throw the book at him? How do you know that Lynch didn't act like a total dickhead both times he was in NFL offices? What do you know about the Rogers situation, other than the penalty?

The answer is: YOU DON'T KNOW. You don't know the reason for the difference in the suspension so you automatically assume and quite probably your assumption is completely off base.

Last i checked Goodell isn't a police officer, or a judge. He is at the same level as Paul Bart Mall Cop. comparing Vick to Big Ben is stupid. Big Ben wasn't convicted of a crime.

Who really cares anyway. Goodell is a terrible commish and has done nothing for the NFL.

Simple answer: there was no rape conviction. In fact, there were no rape charges. Much different that actually being charged and convicted with a crime.

Better answer is that the rapist should be banned for the season. Quit sucking up to the athletes.

Edited by Conch

Better answer is that the rapist should be banned for the season. Quit sucking up to the athletes.

I imagine if there were some sort of evidence that he was a rapist, like a conviction or even a CHARGE, he would have been given a harsher punishment.

So quit acting like you don't know the difference between ALLEGED and charged or convicted. It makes you seem as stupid as the OP.

If I were to call you a rapist, would that make it so? They didn't even press charges against him let alone was he convicted....try to pretend you understand the legal system at least as well as a 12-year old

Has an NFL player ever been convicted of rape? Given the series of violent crimes against women that they're regularly busted for, I'm fairly certain the rapes have happened. The incidence rate of rape is high enough that the 1600+ active NFL players at any given time is just randomly likely to produce a few. But I can't think of any convictions.

In any case, I would guess that a conviction would be career-ending for an NFL player, even if somehow the prison sentence didn't take care of that for Goodell. Beyond that, I don't think it's unfair for the NFL to use a looser standard than the criminal justice system for determining player suspensions. Goodell's the boss, as agreed to by all parties in the last CBA and probably again whenever they work the next one out. He can make his own calls on the evidence - and his cost/benefit analysis is different than a DA in pursuing charges. Until he seems to abusing that, I don't have a problem with it. He's certainly empowered to punish league employees for non-illegal activity anyway - spygate wasn't a crime, as far as I know.

Speaking of the CBA, we'll have plenty of time to talk about that next year during the lockout next season

Your thoughts?

It wasn't rape, no matter how badly you want it to be. Perhaps you are mad that you could never hook up with a hot chick like that, so it makes you feel better to call it rape? Basically just another ho trying to make a buck off a famous and wealthy athlete. You saw how fast she went away once Ben fought back with his own attorney. She thought he would cave in and settle with some money so she would keep quiet, but he wasn't feelin' it...