[please fix subject]Arthur Moats

Griff28

Yikes!!!

Talk about what have you done for me lately, not to mention overreaction.

It was his first ever NFL game and he's making a position change. Give him time.

Alex Carrington & Torrell Troup did'nt do much of anything last night either, should we give up on them as well?

Yikes!!!

Talk about what have you done for me lately, not to mention overreaction.

It was his first ever NFL game and he's making a position change. Give him time.

Alex Carrington & Torrell Troup did'nt do much of anything last night either, should we give up on them as well?

Yep, while we are at it, that Spiller kid did not rush for a 100 yards, get rid of him as well. Please folks, let the new guys have a chance to adjust before we start cutting them. I agree he did appear to be lost at times, but I did see some pretty good hustle from him.

Somehow, I just hope they actually get to play the games this season.

Next year we might not have any games.

It'd be a shame if we simply forfeited all 16 games this year too.

Oh, hell.

I opened my Advent calendar and I got a lump of coal instead of a chocolate.

Let's cancel Christmas.

Somehow, I just hope they actually get to play the games this season.

Next year we might not have any games.

It'd be a shame if we simply forfeited all 16 games this year too.

Oh, hell.

I opened my Advent calendar and I got a lump of coal instead of a chocolate.

Let's cancel Christmas.

There will be games next year, maybe not until October, but there will be a 2011 season. The NFL is not the NHL, they can't cancel the season because they have too much of a commitment to the Super Bowl and the city it is scheduled for.

After one game under the belt let's see how much he improves next game. He doesn't need to be a wrecking ball right now

Yah think? I'm with Cardinal. It's crazy to bail on this kid in his first NFL game learning a new position to boot. What the Hell is wrong with some posters?

Yah think? I'm with Cardinal. It's crazy to bail on this kid in his first NFL game learning a new position to boot. What the Hell is wrong with some posters?

You guys are crazy.

We can obviously tell everything we need to know about the team, and every player, based on one preseason game.

Cut them all. Cancel your season tickets and Direct TV. Take up a new hobby or go into hiding.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

He had no clue and to top it off, he didn't even look the least bit athletic.

Its pretty tough to be athletic when you're not sure of your assignment. He's thinking too much right now so I wouldn't put too much weight on how bad he looked. He's going to need a lot of time. And who knows, in the end he may never get it. But at least give him some time to prove what he can do.

Yep, while we are at it, that Spiller kid did not rush for a 100 yards, get rid of him as well. Please folks, let the new guys have a chance to adjust before we start cutting them. I agree he did appear to be lost at times, but I did see some pretty good hustle from him.

Well, we did read here that Spiller could score any time he touched the ball.....

I sincerly hope he graduated. Because he has a Not For Long NFL career. He was completely overmatched athletically last night. He can not play in space in the NFL.

and you came to this conclusion after his first preseason game playing a completely new position

you should be a scout because clearly, you know what you are talking about

i love how all these posters use the term "in space" now because they heard some so called expert on TV use it

The guy was completely lost. Defensive end to outside linebacker is one thing. Inside backer? That's quite a reach. He had no clue and to top it off, he didn't even look the least bit athletic.

Didn't he force a fumble that was called back because of a penalty?

I sincerly hope he graduated. Because he has a Not For Long NFL career. He was completely overmatched athletically last night. He can not play in space in the NFL.

Easy Mo, let's at least wait until the end of preseason before we decide who is and isn't a bust.

This team has a ton of linebackers. I don't know why he was drafted in the first place. Pick would have been better spent on a tackle. His chances to make the roster are slim to none before he put on the pads. Practice squad maybe. Hardly knew you Mr. Moats, but your young and have a college degree you will do fine in life.

The guy was completely lost. Defensive end to outside linebacker is one thing. Inside backer? That's quite a reach. He had no clue and to top it off, he didn't even look the least bit athletic.

I was watching the game and and thought to myself on several occasions, "who's #45? He looks awful." #45 kept making noticably bad plays--i.e., noticeable to a layperson simply watching all of the action from afar.

After reading this thread, I went and looked up #45.....Arthur Moats.

I was watching the game and and thought to myself on several occasions, "who's #45? He looks awful." #45 kept making noticably bad plays--i.e., noticeable to a layperson simply watching all of the action from afar.

After reading this thread, I went and looked up #45.....Arthur Moats.

I did the same thing only I was saying why is that slow DB playing LB. He looks horrible. Who came up with this draft idea?

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Why do the BILLS continue to draft players and ask them to play a position they've never played? Harris, Moats, Batten

These players had stellar carreers. I watched Moats play an hour down the road at JMU and he was a beast, unstoppable as a DE. Then the BILLS draft him and ask him to play ILB, a position he's never played and people on this board rip him a new one. Arthur Moats is an athletic freak, you don't know what your talking about. He did seem lost in space but its his first game at LB: IN THE NFL! Cut him a break, it's the BILLS fault for not using his strengths and putting him in a position to fail. Why not draft Spiller and ask him to play Center, basically the same thing, he doesn't know how and it's not his fault.

OMG yeahhh.. like, cut the WHOLE TEAM NOW !!!

then go back in time and cut all the other busts, like.. Moulds, Kelly, Conlan, Smerlas, OJ and Bruce after their crap first games(in some cases, first YEARS).

sometimes, ya just gotta get out the DUCK TAPE.

~AS

Why do the BILLS continue to draft players and ask them to play a position they've never played? Harris, Moats, Batten

These players had stellar carreers. I watched Moats play an hour down the road at JMU and he was a beast, unstoppable as a DE. Then the BILLS draft him and ask him to play ILB, a position he's never played and people on this board rip him a new one. Arthur Moats is an athletic freak, you don't know what your talking about. He did seem lost in space but its his first game at LB: IN THE NFL! Cut him a break, it's the BILLS fault for not using his strengths and putting him in a position to fail. Why not draft Spiller and ask him to play Center, basically the same thing, he doesn't know how and it's not his fault.

Arthur Moats should be at OLB. This is the real outrage. Just let him rush the passer on the edge. Guarantee he'd outperform Maybin THIS SEASON in that role.

Watching the game on DVR right now. Moats does look really bad, honestly. First game, maybe, but not goo. Same for Woods and Reggie Corner. Aaron Maybin also looks completely outmatched (shocker, I know). I didn't know our defense was this bad. Maybe it'll come together when our starters are in there...I dunno. This doesn't look good. We still don't have a pass rush and Greg Ellis seems far too slow to play LB, and yet again we're taking stupid penalties. Sorry, this post is all over the place, I know.