Lori Chase

Guest dog14787

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my crowning achievement here.

Hey, that was MY crowning achievement. I suggested it to SDS, that since stojan was complaining about the "**** = poop" filter, that in the spirit of "belinda" the filter should be changed to "stevestojan". I have the PM to prove it, too.

So !@#$ you, bastard, for trying to take my glory. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

You guys/gals get a chance, drop her a line, let her know what she means to our Forum and how much we miss her, or post your support on this thread,

Lets get Lori Chase back home to TSW where she belongs...

Added note: I would like to personally thank everyone here for all the strong support they have shown for Lori, and for also proving that people do really matter on TSW because people do really care, Thanks

Lori was of great value to this board and she is sorely missed, but the times they are a changing and you adapt or fade away.

We tweeted back and forth a couple of times earlier today and she told me she was undecided about coming back and is why I wanted to get everyone on board with doing what we can to convince her to return. It might make a difference If she see's the good still outweighs the bad around here and without her this forum will not be near as accurate/ informative or as pleasant.

We can't stop all the friendless idiots that just want to post BS to get attention around here like a bunch of spoiled brats, but we can let Lori know the majority of the posters are good people with one big thing in common, we all love our Buffalo Bills.

You are right about the quality folks in the know bring to the board. But there is no filter to prevent personal attacks, or a constant recycled cynical banter, player bashing, etc.

The 3 three insiders that come to mind, sure there are others, that I have observed making contributions then getting personally attacked are JW, Lori and even TG, and then there are plenty of folks that love the team and just want to trade posts.

I still see jw posts but I have seen folks jump all over him for making assertions too, probably due to their own ignorance of his role, but unjustified none the less.

If I put my self in someone like Lori's shoes, the question would be, why come back? What will be different? How long before the impetuous for disengaging the first time resurfaces.

All the rest of us can do is try to make a case that there is more mutual benefit for the real fans and those interested in constructive dialogue than the "others". But if the dregs of society, losers, chronic pessimists, and internet tough guy banter gets to you, it's a hard sell that enduring it for the positives is worthwhile.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I first started coming to this board about 10 years ago and it really was a nice place to come for not only Bills' news, but to connect with folks (be it local or transplanted) who share that western New York mentality. Over the past few years the camaraderie has faded and the board has become a place to get your spelling mistakes corrected and opinions trashed if you are not "in the clique". It was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

that is the impression i am also getting. i loved it when i found TBD when i moved away, but notice a large amount of posters that just like to correct the grammar as you say, sarcastically put others down if they feel the opinion is not "worthy". i will continue to participate and make the best of it. let the miscreants continue to get their "jollies" at the expense of others.

I've been away awhile myself and was unaware that Lori had left. She has a pretty thick skin so I can't imagine that it was something minor that caused her to leave. It's a shame as she was one of the most intelligent, respectful and insightful posters the board had. It would be great to have her back for the upcoming season.

As for all the comments about how the "board has changed," people have been saying this since the very beginning of TSW (as compared to the old Democrat and Chronicle board) - and I just don't see it. There have always been rude & obnoxious posters who contribute virtually nothing other than conflict (hell, one of the most notable of these is/was a mod... ). But if you can weed through all those posts there are also good people - with varying degrees of football knowledge - who just want to talk Bills football. Things haven't changed, there are still all those things and they aren't any worse. People just love the nostalgia angle where "the good old days" were always better.

I've been away awhile myself and was unaware that Lori had left. She has a pretty thick skin so I can't imagine that it was something minor that caused her to leave. It's a shame as she was one of the most intelligent, respectful and insightful posters the board had. It would be great to have her back for the upcoming season.

As for all the comments about how the "board has changed," people have been saying this since the very beginning of TSW (as compared to the old Democrat and Chronicle board) - and I just don't see it. There have always been rude & obnoxious posters who contribute virtually nothing other than conflict (hell, one of the most notable of these is/was a mod... ). But if you can weed through all those posts there are also good people - with varying degrees of football knowledge - who just want to talk Bills football. Things haven't changed, there are still all those things and they aren't any worse. People just love the nostalgia angle where "the good old days" were always better.

i just like talking about the bills, buffalo, and buffalo food, usually find good conversation about those things on here and will not let the "grammar and thread police" deter me.