Gailey's wood comments

Has anyone else noticed Chan's mic'd up where he's talking to another coach on the sidelines about wood..."Did you watch film this morning? ( I did) ...that Eric Woods an athlete gaaa he makes us better (snap of the finger) like that."

Really excited to see how he comes back off this injury, I expect nothing but revenge on everyone he faces.

Has anyone else noticed Chan's mic'd up where he's talking to another coach on the sidelines about wood..."Did you watch film this morning? ( I did) ...that Eric Woods an athlete gaaa he makes us better (snap of the finger) like that."

Really excited to see how he comes back off this injury, I expect nothing but revenge on everyone he faces.

ah, yeah....

Ive heard Wood is okay and he is ready to punish people. Wood is gonna be our anchor for yrs. just hope he truly comes back from the awful injury.

I really wish they would just move him to Center to anchor this line.....He was a beast at that position in Louisville...

Did Brian Brohm take snaps from Eric Wood at Louisville? How much did their college careers there overlap? They're roommates in Buffalo, if I remember correctly.

I really wish they would just move him to Center to anchor this line.....He was a beast at that position in Louisville...

Did Brian Brohm take snaps from Eric Wood at Louisville? How much did their college careers there overlap? They're roommates in Buffalo, if I remember correctly.

He did. When the Bills picked up Brohm, Wood had some good things to say. I am all for moving him to center too. I heard we was tkaing snaps there but not sure with what intentions.

And because Hangartner blows. Getting the better player to center would be a plus IMO

Couldn't agree more. Hangartner is a joke. I know he was dinged up that one game, but I couldn't believe how he continually kept snapping the ball at Trent's feet when they were going shotgun.

Couldn't agree more. Hangartner is a joke. I know he was dinged up that one game, but I couldn't believe how he continually kept snapping the ball at Trent's feet when they were going shotgun.

Hangartner did a good (not great) job against Wilfork in both Pats games. He is serviceable and, yes, he does need to get his snaps up a bit on shotgun but that does not make him a joke.

Likely you didn't watch any of the games last year. Hangartner held his own against some pretty good NT's. He's not all pro but he is far from a "joke" as you put it. He's a good player and will provide great depth and can start if need be. That is a pretty good person to have on your team. If Wood is better, play him. It doesn't make the other guy a joke.

I noticed the exact same thing. I actually thought it was Nix he was talking to. But if wood is healthy, this line is a LOT better hten we are getting cred for. Heck, if Greene can be an average RT this line is already in better shape than last year.

Hangartner did a good (not great) job against Wilfork in both Pats games. He is serviceable and, yes, he does need to get his snaps up a bit on shotgun but that does not make him a joke.

Likely you didn't watch any of the games last year. Hangartner held his own against some pretty good NT's. He's not all pro but he is far from a "joke" as you put it. He's a good player and will provide great depth and can start if need be. That is a pretty good person to have on your team. If Wood is better, play him. It doesn't make the other guy a joke.

Reportedly he was suffering from a bad back most of the season, and he was playing between 2 rookies to boot. And he'll probably move to OG sooner rather than later.

It look as tho it was B Nix he was talkin to and he definitely sound very please with Wood..

I believe it was Nix he was talking to.

What stood out to me was his emotion when making the comment.

You don't see that type of emotion from him during the press conferences.

It was refreshing.

I agree that Wood should be at the center position as well.

Ive heard Wood is okay and he is ready to punish people. Wood is gonna be our anchor for yrs. just hope he truly comes back from the awful injury.

He'll be the anchor for years only if the Bills get out the check book !!!!

Why do so many people get their undies in an uproar when people post a similar topic. If it is soooo awful, don't read it or comment on it. If it is so bad, people will bypass it and the person who posted it will get the message. Its like turning on the radio or tv, if you don't like what's on, change the station.

I get the feeling that you read the other post and saw all the comment on Wood, but decided that you should still start this new one?

Actually, I watched every single snap. And saying he did well against some good NTs just isn't true. Can you give me an example? Because all I remember is him getting pushed into the QB for most of the year.

Actually, I watched every single snap. And saying he did well against some good NTs just isn't true. Can you give me an example? Because all I remember is him getting pushed into the QB for most of the year.

Watch the first NE game again and tell me how well he did. He played between two rooks, then a rook and an unknown, than another unknown, etc. He anchored a line, that despite "fresh off the street that week" players still produced a 1,000 yard rusher. He and Levitre were the only two who played every game. But other than going back on revisionist interpretations, what's more important is how he looks now. Suffice to say if he's starting this year, it's because people who have forgotten more about football than you or I will ever learn, made the determination that he's our best bet at the position. As I said, he's not an all pro - but your toss off of him as "joke" is specious and unfounded.

Yeah...the second NE game it's like Wilfork wasn't even on the field. Wait...he wasn't. Hangartner did such a good job that VW didn't even get on the field.