Flozell Adams visiting Steelers

major

It seems as though the Bills would have a look at him by now, if there was any interest. I think we shouldn't expect the Bills to sign anyone else, at this point, unless there were some major injuries. At least not any vetrans of note.

I think the bills are just going to play out this year with what they have. Next season with a new CBA, Guys like Gaithers, Penn, Mcneill, are all free agents in addition to the free agent class on 2011. So maybe they target a younger guy, or Bell/ Wang are ready to step in. I think they are all done signing, unless a mid level vertern is cut from somewhere else during camp. Hate to say it but I think this year is going to be ugly.

Nope, but IMO the Bills should sign Adams as a stop gap, that way they can ease Bell or Wang in and those 2 can learn from a veteran.

I think they're taking the approach that one of those two guys or Meredith are going to play this year and that's how they are going to learn - on the job. Admas might be better now than what we have, but he isn't the answer and since we're not going to be that great next year anyways, they're going to see what they have in house.

I'm encouraged by the reports about Meredith from OTA's and Mini-Camp. I think don't really want ole' false start Flozelll on the Bills.

Meridith was a 5th round pick who didn't always play LT in college. He was taken from the practice squad of a team with a not so great OL. There is certainly a chance for him to be a dominant LT however I am unable to see it. He is the good news.

Bell is a 7th round pick who is small, weak, prone to penalties, and coming off an injury. Wang is an injured 5th round pick.

The brass opted to not trade down and draft a small, flashy running back. Maybe it will work.

Injury and inexperience both played large roles in last years state of the O-line. And then there was the coaching staff. And despite those things we still had the 16th or 17th rushing attack in the NFL, and that isn't mentioning that we were losing a lot last year, too.

If we improve just on coaching then we are above average in rushing. If we improve on injury and, as a whole, experience wise, then we might be looking at a pretty good running team. I'm not opposed to not signing old linemen in order to get our young guys the playing time they need to be effectively evaluated.

I'm sure all of us have guys we wish we could've signed or picked up in the draft pool. With our O-line being as bad as it is considered, I still can't believe we didn't pick up Tony Washington. I know he had the issue with his sister when he was fifteen, but Dallas picked him up and nobody has talked about it since, and he was considered by many to be a 1st round talent. And we could've had him as an undrafted college F.A.... but, with Wang, Wood, and Levitre, a guy with sex problems might have been too risky, no matter his potential. B-)

Like it or not, Flozell is likely going to get p-a-i-d. The Steelers have a big need with Colon going down for the season.

Pittsburgh isn't known as a big-spending franchise. I don't think they'll break the bank for Adams. That would be un-Steeler-like.

But with their long and recent history of playoff teams, I would think Pittsburgh, all things being equal, would be a more attractive situation for most players than Buffalo.

It seems as though the Bills would have a look at him by now, if there was any interest. I think we shouldn't expect the Bills to sign anyone else, at this point, unless there were some major injuries. At least not any vetrans of note.

good thing the Bills are all healthy at LT B-)

no need to bring in someone who is actually healthy (and can actually play)

The Bills have a plan right now. It does not include signing any more stopgap players. They're trying to build for the future. They can't come right out & say it, but the W-L record this season is irrelevant. The most important thing is player development for the future when they can be a contender. Flozell Adams does nothing to help this team contend in the future. TO also does nothing for their plan. The only stopgap player was Green because Butler's retirement caused them to sign somebody to replace him & Green was available.

Meridith was a 5th round pick who didn't always play LT in college. He was taken from the practice squad of a team with a not so great OL. There is certainly a chance for him to be a dominant LT however I am unable to see it. He is the good news.

Bell is a 7th round pick who is small, weak, prone to penalties, and coming off an injury. Wang is an injured 5th round pick.

The brass opted to not trade down and draft a small, flashy running back. Maybe it will work.

Meredith was also at one point a first round pick in many pre-season mocks and was at a high conference school in the Southeast that Buddy scouted. He may not have been ready for the big time but he defintely has talent.

Flozell retired a few years ago, and is just collecting paychecks now.

Schobel owned Flo all night during that last monday night game. Adams was holding on for dear life. I think that was the last game Schobel cared about, too.

Meredith was also at one point a first round pick in many pre-season mocks and was at a high conference school in the Southeast that Buddy scouted. He may not have been ready for the big time but he defintely has talent.

Meredith was given the exact same grade as Wood by Buchsbaum, and higher than Levitre. He was also the #6 ranked Tackle in his draft class. It's like adding another pick to last years class (Wood, Levitre, Meredith). Not your usual practice squad pickup - the kids got potential. Plus coming in when he did he was thrown into the fire - this offseason he's on the same learning curve as everyone else. Let 'em play and see what he's got.

The Bills have a plan right now. It does not include signing any more stopgap players. They're trying to build for the future. They can't come right out & say it, but the W-L record this season is irrelevant. The most important thing is player development for the future when they can be a contender. Flozell Adams does nothing to help this team contend in the future. TO also does nothing for their plan. The only stopgap player was Green because Butler's retirement caused them to sign somebody to replace him & Green was available.

Very hard sentence for me to accept. Yet, I think your right.

Meredith was given the exact same grade as Wood by Buchsbaum, and higher than Levitre. He was also the #6 ranked Tackle in his draft class. It's like adding another pick to last years class (Wood, Levitre, Meredith). Not your usual practice squad pickup - the kids got potential. Plus coming in when he did he was thrown into the fire - this offseason he's on the same learning curve as everyone else. Let 'em play and see what he's got.

Agree, during the draft I kept wishing Buffalo would draft him. Green Bay tried to hide him on their ps. They had too many other needs to fill and Clifton was there starting LT. I am pretty sure they thought they could get away with it. Meredith played well, considering he was a midseason pick up and a rookie...I think he'll start next season at RT, with Bell at LT. I am hopeful that Bell's story is featured on Sportscenter or during an NFL pregame, Karl Malone is a douche

So next years team would have 4 2nd year players, when you consider how far Bell had to come.

Are you sure that Buchsbaum was alive when Wood and Levitre came out?

Flozell Adams does nothing to help this team contend in the future.

Although I mostly agree with the above, perhaps he could prevent an injury to a quarterback. Also, if Nix thinks he could help the team win a game or 2, he should be brought in. I don't think he would cost a whole lot either. It makes me wonder if Nix is allowed to make moves like this.....

The Bills will play to win,. But if they don't, they can call this a rebuilding year.

The Bills will play to win,. But if they don't, they can call this a rebuilding year.

"The Bills will play to win"

That's the spin put out from the marketing dept every year - and it works great to sell tickets

"But if they don't, they can call this a rebuilding year"

too bad, each year all of the pre-season hype turns out to be a giant charade- and we find out after the fact that in fact it was another "re-building" year of missed opportunities

"The Bills will play to win"

That's the spin put out from the marketing dept every year - and it works great to sell tickets

"But if they don't, they can call this a rebuilding year"

too bad, each year all of the pre-season hype turns out to be a giant charade- and we find out after the fact that in fact it was another "re-building" year of missed opportunities

Yes, it would be far better if they simply gave up and publicly admitted at the start of the season and reiterated before each game that they're playing to lose, expect to lose and will do everything in their power to lose. Only then will the team and management's hopes, aspirations and yes expectations be level-set with the loser fans who frequent this board. For the life of me, I just don't get why they don't do that. Seriously.

Yes, it would be far better if they simply gave up and publicly admitted at the start of the season and reiterated before each game that they're playing to lose, expect to lose and will do everything in their power to lose. Only then will the team and management's hopes, aspirations and yes expectations be level-set with the loser fans who frequent this board. For the life of me, I just don't get why they don't do that. Seriously.

Put him/her on ignore, like I did.

building an OL with something other than turnstyles at both tackles and a lot of nothing at LB would do a whole lot more to improve their chances of winning than blowing smoke like they do every year. 

but blowing smoke is far cheaper

and since the homers buy it, why bother with actually aggressively improving the team

Although I mostly agree with the above, perhaps he could prevent an injury to a quarterback. Also, if Nix thinks he could help the team win a game or 2, he should be brought in. I don't think he would cost a whole lot either. It makes me wonder if Nix is allowed to make moves like this.....

Flozell Adams could help a team get two wins? :devil:

The reports are that Flozell is looking for $4 million per, which is the reason the Steelers are biding their time.

As much as I would like a player to come in to help us win a game or two this season, I would rather not have this happen if he's an old player who might only be with us for one year. Also an old player would prevent us from further developing a young promising player that might work out well for us in the long run and for much cheaper as well.