Bills worst team of all time

Coach55

Over the course of the last 50 years there have been some highly touted players, please give me your input for the biggest busts to ever dress. I have populated a few, but would love to see what this board comes up with.

QB - Billy Joe Hobert or Rob Johnson

RB - Willis McGahee

RB

WR - Bucky Brooks

WR

TE

LT - Mike Williams

LG

C

RG

RT

DE - Erik Flowers

DT - John McCargo

NT - James Patten

DE

OLB

ILB

ILB

OLB

CB

CB

SS

FS

K

P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the course of the last 50 years there have been some highly touted players, please give me your input for the biggest busts to ever dress. I have populated a few, but would love to see what this board comes up with.

RB - Willis McGahee

RB

WR - Bucky Brooks

WR

TE

LT - Mike Williams

LG

C

RG

RT

DE - Erik Flowers

DT - John McCargo

NT - James Patten

DE

OLB

ILB

ILB

OLB

CB

CB

SS

FS

K

P

RJ is the traditional whipping boy amongst Bills fans, and he wasn't great, I agree...but he wasn't even the worst Bills QB of the last 10 years (I am so sorry, JP, I really like you!), let alone one of the two worst in franchise history. I am a little too young to remember all the classic AFL guys, but I would bet, most of the oldest timers would tell you Dan Darragh should get serious consideration for this honor. Also, as Billy Joe Hoebert was really only the worst based on what he didn't do off the field (study the playbook- IIRC he never took another snap after that fateful day), I think Gary Marangi would get some real consideration for worst back-up called to duty.

Also, Willis McGahee as the worst running back? I realize he was a bit of a jerk, but he was moderately productive, on some pretty bad teams. Recently, the holy terrors tandem of Shawn Bryson and Jonathan Linton were much less productive, on better teams.

RB - Willis McGahee

RB

WR - Bucky Brooks

WR

TE

LT - Mike Williams

LG

C

RG

RT

DE - Erik Flowers

DT - John McCargo

NT - James Patten

DE

OLB

ILB

ILB

OLB

CB

CB

SS

FS

K

P

OLB Tom Cousineau - 1st overall...anyone remember....

TE Tony Hunter - 1st rounder...

RB Booker Moore...1st round....

For one of the linebackers, I'm trying to remember the name of the guy that Gregg Williams brought with him from the Titans who was, to put it kindly, "past his prime", and got faked out of his jock by Chad Pennington who made it past him into the end zone. What was his name?

Was it Eddie Robinson?

GO BILLS!

OLB Tom Cousineau - 1st overall...anyone remember....

TE Tony Hunter - 1st rounder...

RB Booker Moore...1st round....

Choosing Cousineau was the smartest thing the Bills ever did. If we didn't draft him and he didn't refuse the sign, we wouldn't have ended up with a certain HOF QB. Gottal love Cousineau just for that reason alone.

Agree 100% on Hunter. He just didn't want to be a football player.

I'll give Booker a pass though since he contracted Guillane-Barre syndrome and just was never the same player he was in college. Not saying he would have been anything special but he just never got over that illness.

GO BILLS!!!

RB - Willis McGahee

RB

WR - Bucky Brooks

WR

TE

LT - Mike Williams

LG

C

RG

RT

DE - Erik Flowers

DT - John McCargo

NT - James Patten

DE

OLB

ILB

ILB

OLB

CB

CB

SS

FS

K

P

Unfortunately we have had much worse QBs than Hobert and Johnson. Does Joe Dufek ring a bell? How about Mathison, or Marangi, or Hamden?

Hobert had some good years for the Saints but was unprepared to play in his one attempt for Buffalo. He was dumb enough to say so and that got him cut.

Mike Williams was a RT, not a LT, and he was not even close to the worst we had all time. If you watched any games last season you would have seen several players that were worse.

Willis McGahee should not be on the list.

James Patton was a very promising player until injuries wiped him out.

These worst ever lists are kind of crazy. A lot depends on the era, what point in their career tha they played for the Bills and who they played with.

RB - Willis McGahee

RB

WR - Bucky Brooks

WR

TE

LT - Mike Williams

LG

C

RG

RT

DE - Erik Flowers

DT - John McCargo

NT - James Patten

DE

OLB

ILB

ILB

OLB

CB

CB

SS

FS

K

P

Here's some names for the mix:

TE - Lonnie Johnson, flashes of success, no consistency, lost focus. Classic Lonnie was making a brilliant reception on a fake punt only to have the ball jarred loose by the kick returner. Reason by Lonnie, "I forgot it was 4th down." Hmm - it was PUNT FORMATION

K - Fred Steinfort - nicknamed Stonefoot. So many line drive FG attempts he should have been a Striker on the US Soccer team.

QB - Vince Ferrogamo - was suppose to be a worthy replacement for the retired Joe Ferguson. Was a disaster, and was replaced by 2 more disasters.

The biggest bust in franchise history, even more than Erik Flowers or Mike Williams is punk surfer dude Rob the sht stain Johnson. Not only did the franchise waste a 1st rounder on him, He takes over a team that had gone to the playoffs the past two seasons and goes 2-14. He sucked.

TE-Lonnie Johnson

WR-Russell Copeland

K-Jake Arians

OLB-Eddie Robinson

FS-Travares Tillman

You left off kick returner

PR-Chris Watson

Nice; feels like we're back in 2000-01, and I'm getting laughed at in the sportsbar for being a Bills fan, as Eddie Robinson gets juked out of his jock by Chad Pennington.

Please add Raion Hill (S)--heir apparent to Henry Jones.

He was a WR, first rounder I believe which makes him a bigger bust then Bucky Brooks. Saw him in a CFL game in the late 80's or early 90's

Yeah, guess you are right... I was thinking of Tony Hunter...my bad!