You left off kick returner

PR-Chris Watson

Watson wasn't a punt returner. He was a "punt catcher"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget Jim Ringo and Hank Bullough.

Or John Rauch who wanted to use OJ as a decoy.

Ringo took the Bills to the 1966 AFL Championship game, where they were toasted at home by the Chiefs. Since Ringo has one winning season, and formed the Orange Crush defense for the Broncos, I would place Bullough ahead of Ringo. Ralph Wilson knows how to pick his Head Coaches, doesen't he B-):wallbash:

Ringo took the Bills to the 1966 AFL Championship game, where they were toasted at home by the Chiefs. Since Ringo has one winning season, and formed the Orange Crush defense for the Broncos, I would place Bullough ahead of Ringo. Ralph Wilson knows how to pick his Head Coaches, doesen't he B-):wallbash:

That was Joe Collier who took us to the 66 AFL Championship Game after getting promoted from def coordinator.

Jim Ringo was playing for the Eagles in 1966...he came to the Bills as an OL coach under Saban and formed the Electric Company..was head coach in 1976-77

Way off...not even close. Re-read your Bills history. While Ringo may not have been a good HC, he was considered one of the better OL coaches in the game.

Jeff Nixon was a great player with a real nose for the ball, something like 5 interceptions in his first several games if memory serves me well. Then he got injured and was never the same after that.

On another post, Perry Tuttle was a first round WR pick out of Clemson. He was meant to be a strong number 2 playing across from Jerry Butler. It was going to be Jerry and Perry according to one Buffalo newscaster. But Tuttle never became that good.

The dismal drafts of the early 70's deserve strong mention. Players like DE Walt Patulski and LB Tom Ruud.

Good memory. (And far better than the poster that said he was never drafted!) I included him because he started white hot and fizzled fast. He had a good 1.5 seasons or so and then ... thud. Maybe he belongs on the shooting star roster. B-)

The biggest bust in franchise history, even more than Erik Flowers or Mike Williams is punk surfer dude Rob the sht stain Johnson. Not only did the franchise waste a 1st rounder on him, He takes over a team that had gone to the playoffs the past two seasons and goes 2-14. He sucked.

Make sense, why don't you. Those teams that had gone to the playoffs? Johnson was on those teams and won some games. Virtually every attempt at a fact there is wrong.

You said "He takes over a team that had gone to the playoffs the past two seasons and goes 2-14."

What actually happened:

1998 Bills. Johnson joins the team and plays in six games. The Bills go 10 - 6 and make the playoffs.

1999 Bills. 11 - 5. Johnson plays little but completes almost 75% of his 35 passes. Bills make the playoffs.

2000 Bills. 8 - 8. Johnson plays more than half the year. The Bills don't make the playoffs.

2001 Bills. Finally we get to the lousy team that went 3 - 13 (not 2 - 12 as you said). Johnson plays in 8 games. Alex Van Pelt plays the rest and does slightly worse.

The 2001 team sucked regardless of QB. This was a genuinely awful team. Blaming Johnson for that team, a team which was 21st in defensive yards per game and 29th in points allowed is either disingenuous or genuinely unintelligent.

Whether or not he was a bust has nothing to do with this thread, which is has nothing to do with draft position. He was nowhere near the worst QB the Bills have ever had, nowhere near it. I'm for Ferragamo, myself.

Make sense, why don't you. Those teams that had gone to the playoffs? Johnson was on those teams and won some games. Virtually every attempt at a fact there is wrong.

You said "He takes over a team that had gone to the playoffs the past two seasons and goes 2-14."

What actually happened:

1998 Bills. Johnson joins the team and plays in six games. The Bills go 10 - 6 and make the playoffs.

1999 Bills. 11 - 5. Johnson plays little but completes almost 75% of his 35 passes. Bills make the playoffs.

2000 Bills. 8 - 8. Johnson plays more than half the year. The Bills don't make the playoffs.

2001 Bills. Finally we get to the lousy team that went 3 - 13 (not 2 - 12 as you said). Johnson plays in 8 games. Alex Van Pelt plays the rest and does slightly worse.

The 2001 team sucked regardless of QB. This was a genuinely awful team. Blaming Johnson for that team, a team which was 21st in defensive yards per game and 29th in points allowed is either disingenuous or genuinely unintelligent.

Whether or not he was a bust has nothing to do with this thread, which is has nothing to do with draft position. He was nowhere near the worst QB the Bills have ever had, nowhere near it. I'm for Ferragamo, myself.

1998 - Johnson goes 3-3 as a starter (2-3 if you exclude the Colts game where Flutie came in after Johnson was hurt)

1999 - Johnson goes 1-1 as a starter (beating the Colts 2nd teamers and losing the music city miracle)

2000 - Johnson goes 4-7 as a starter

2001 - Johnson goes 1-7 as a starter

So during his 4 year stretch in the regular season Johnson went 8-17 where the rest of the QBs went 24-15.