If Thigpen is cut, Gailey will pick him up

Gailey has to see the wobble throws and have nightmares at night.

:) ay yay yay! What's with this wobble fixation? Not every pass is a laser beam. I don't care if a pass makes loop-de-loops if the receiver catches it.

PTR

I would be fine with this.... as long as it is Fitz that they cut. I still feel there is some unexplored potential with TE and therefore worth keeping around for this season. Fitz is a known quantity to whom I say "no thank you"

Thigpen would be claimed off of waivers by the Bills I believe and could very well be the starter. He did quite well in Gailey's spread a couple of years ago in KC and has a leg up on the other guys because he knowledgable in the offense.

Reading this string is pretty depressing & really shows the sad state of affairs at the QB position in Buffalo.

1st we have the Brohm "I saw him play at Louisville & I think he should be the starter" fans who want our starter to be a guy rejected by the entire NFL last September when Green Bay waived him. They really believed John Guy & company outsmarted the whole league last November when they signed Brohm.

Now we have the "Chan Gailey worked wonders with Thigpen in KC" I think if he gets waived he should be the starter fans who want Thigpen to get waived, meaning he'd have been rejected by 3 teams (Waived by Vikings; traded to Miami for a low pick; if done, waived by a division opponent with no fear of him starting against them) who may have put up some nice stats, but only put up two wins resulting in the firing of his head coach. Then the next year KC was so enamored with Gailey's work with Thigpen, that Gailey & Thigpen were gone from KC long before the end of the season, with Chan not even making it to opening day (Yeah, spare me the excuses of Haley not liking Gailey. If Gailey/Thigpen were so good together in 2008, they'd still both be in KC)

Face it, our QB situation is the worst since 1985, when we traded a pick to get Vince Ferragamo then cut him thinking same season waiver pickup Bruce Mathison was better. Like 1985 any QB who is either here or picked up off the scrap heap to start this season will be gone by opening day next year, if not sooner. This facination with resurecting rejects shows that a starting NFL QB is not on this roster & one won't magically appear like a rabbit out of Chan Gailey's hat. Chan may end up being a good head coach for the Bills, but his best shot is knowing the mess he has at QB won't be fixed this year, put on a good face for the media & the overly optimistic fans & pray like hell his QB loses more games than other QB starved teams so that in the 2011 draft we can land The Franchise. Gailey will never succeed with our sorry bunch or Tyler Thigpen, but he could reach Marv Levy status or better with a Jake Locker as his QB.

By the way, there was a decent NFL QB on the 1985 Bills. Unfortunately he spent a lot of his rookie year stashed on IR & didn't end up starting a game until his 5th season. If Levi Brown can have a similar career, I'd be satisfied with him, but not as our starter-ever.

:) ay yay yay! What's with this wobble fixation? Not every pass is a laser beam. I don't care if a pass makes loop-de-loops if the receiver catches it.......

PTR

.... in stride. Which is how both of these 'awful' passes ended. This reminds me of the underhand free throw argument. Who gives a flying poo as long as it 'counts.' I'm with PTR on this.

I would be fine with this.... as long as it is Fitz that they cut. I still feel there is some unexplored potential with TE and therefore worth keeping around for this season. Fitz is a known quantity to whom I say "no thank you"

What are you talking about? For the love of god, what "unexplored potential" does TE have that Fitzie doesn't? Why do so many of you on here still like Trent, but can't stand Fitzie? Trent played a bunch in the past 3 years. He has shown nothing. He is missing the most important ingredient that all great QB's have. The ability to make plays and to play with confidence. He rarely makes a play, and he plays with no confidence. Fitzie makes plays, and is a leader. Why does Trent have upside? He was not a winner at Stanford, and has played some of the worst QB us Bills fans have ever seen. The Monday nite debacle against the Browns should have gotten him a one way ticket out of town. Give Fitzie a real offensive gameplan and watch him go.

Does anyone on here remember the Rams-Texans game several years back when Fitzie threw for over 300 yards in the second half to lead a comeback from 27-3? The guy can play. The coaches will see that.

I really don't see us cutting Thiggy anytime soon. Right now he is our second string QB well ahead of Pat White. Penny will most likely start the season on PUP so there really is little reason for us to just cut a QB.

You are one brave fishy.

Y'all know thigpen was the third string QB in kc right. If croyle and huard hadn't gotten hurt he would've never played, so why does everyone seem to think he would be chans "chosen" qb. The guy had to revamp the offense for the kid so he could run it, he's not that special.

And albany, bulger, delhomme, and warner. 3 qbs of recent memory to have great careers or go to a SB all of which were either PS players or UDFA's. So don't count brohm out just yet.

What are you talking about? For the love of god, what "unexplored potential" does TE have that Fitzie doesn't? Why do so many of you on here still like Trent, but can't stand Fitzie? Trent played a bunch in the past 3 years. He has shown nothing. He is missing the most important ingredient that all great QB's have. The ability to make plays and to play with confidence. He rarely makes a play, and he plays with no confidence. Fitzie makes plays, and is a leader. Why does Trent have upside? He was not a winner at Stanford, and has played some of the worst QB us Bills fans have ever seen. The Monday nite debacle against the Browns should have gotten him a one way ticket out of town. Give Fitzie a real offensive gameplan and watch him go.

Does anyone on here remember the Rams-Texans game several years back when Fitzie threw for over 300 yards in the second half to lead a comeback from 27-3? The guy can play. The coaches will see that.

Wow, which Fitzpatrick did you watch last year? Maybe you just saw one out of 5 throws, the few good ones. Fitzpatrick has got to have the most inconsistent arm I've seen in years. One great throw, one wild miss, a wilder miss, nice catch by the receiver on that crap throw, and "where in the hell was he throwing that one?"

I like his intangibles, but the scatter shot he has for an arm drives me nuts, which isn't to say "Captain Checkdown" makes me feel much better.

Y'all know thigpen was the third string QB in kc right. If croyle and huard hadn't gotten hurt he would've never played, so why does everyone seem to think he would be chans "chosen" qb. The guy had to revamp the offense for the kid so he could run it, he's not that special.

And albany, bulger, delhomme, and warner. 3 qbs of recent memory to have great careers or go to a SB all of which were either PS players or UDFA's. So don't count brohm out just yet.

There's a HUGE difference between undrafted QBs & a 6th round pick who got cut as a rookie flying under the radar & having a decent career and a 2nd round pick who was once projected as a 1st rounder getting cut after his 2nd preseason & flying so far under the radar that nobody even put in a waiver claim. The bottom line is that since the merger, no QB drafted as high as Brohm & cut in a relatively short time without ever playing has EVER done anything in the NFL. Contrast that to UDFAs like Romo, Delhomme, Warner, Garcia, even Matt Moore in Carolina (a waiver claim who unlike Brohm did not clear waivers when Dallas cut him); a late round pick like Hasselbeck who spent time on a practice squad; and other late rounders like Cassel and Anderson ( another waiver claim who unlike Brohm did not clear waivers when Baltimore cut him) who have had limited success all who flew under the radar & had success in the NFL. You're comparing a situation that has proven successful to one that has NEVER proven successful-big difference.

I'm not only counting out Brohm, but based on history, Levi Brown has a much better shot at a successful NFL career than Brian Brohm. Brown's chance is slim, based on recent NFL history. Brohm's chance is NONE.

Y'all know thigpen was the third string QB in kc right.

3 qbs of recent memory to have great careers or go to a SB all of which were either PS players or UDFA's. So don't count brohm out just yet.

you say what's the big deal with a third stringer? He had a lof yards and TD's. But then you proclaim a Practice Squad guy as "The Guy"

There's a HUGE difference between undrafted QBs & a 6th round pick who got cut as a rookie flying under the radar & having a decent career and a 2nd round pick who was once projected as a 1st rounder getting cut after his 2nd preseason & flying so far under the radar that nobody even put in a waiver claim. The bottom line is that since the merger, no QB drafted as high as Brohm & cut in a relatively short time without ever playing has EVER done anything in the NFL. Contrast that to UDFAs like Romo, Delhomme, Warner, Garcia, even Matt Moore in Carolina (a waiver claim who unlike Brohm did not clear waivers when Dallas cut him); a late round pick like Hasselbeck who spent time on a practice squad; and other late rounders like Cassel and Anderson ( another waiver claim who unlike Brohm did not clear waivers when Baltimore cut him) who have had limited success all who flew under the radar & had success in the NFL. You're comparing a situation that has proven successful to one that has NEVER proven successful-big difference.

I'm not only counting out Brohm, but based on history, Levi Brown has a much better shot at a successful NFL career than Brian Brohm. Brown's chance is slim, based on recent NFL history. Brohm's chance is NONE.

How many guys have been in Brohm's situation? Very very few. Not enough to make any kind of representative sample.

I'm not a big fan, but it's too early to say he has no chance.

I'm reserving judgment on ALL of our quarterbacks until each has played some preseason games. Until then, what's the point?! ALL of our QBs are still relatively young. All have had to learn different offenses the past few years. I want to see what EACH one of them can do in CHAN GAILEY'S offense during the preseason BEFORE I toss ANY of them aside. If all of you still have your same leanings come late August, then post away. Until then, let the guys compete in this new offense for cryin' out loud. The OTA's are no place to establish your depth chart.

How many guys have been in Brohm's situation? Very very few. Not enough to make any kind of representative sample.

I'm not a big fan, but it's too early to say he has no chance.

Ok, I'll expand the sample-when was the last time a 1st or 2nd round QB was cut by his draft team, on his 1st contract, and ever succeeded with another team? When a team puts that high round QB draft pick on waivers they're saying he's a lost cause, and they're always right, no matter how many more chances other teams are willing to give them. There are plenty of former 1s that failed and were waived, and none of them came back to haunt his old team. Now the key is they are so worthless that you can't even get a decent pick for them, this includes the ones who got low picks like Harrington & McNown. The only examples of guys who got traded were ones like Favre, who a year after being a 2nd rounder was traded for a 1st rounder-totally different situation than being tossed aside like trash.

QB is football's premium position, when a team jettisons a high QB pick, there's a lot of thought put into it, it's not a spur of the moment decision. If another team thinks the guy has an ounce of talent they put in a waiver claim, especially if he's a high enough profile guy like Brohm. The fact that 31 other GMs let him sail through waivers says everything you need to know about Brohm.

I'm reserving judgment on ALL of our quarterbacks until each has played some preseason games. Until then, what's the point?! ALL of our QBs are still relatively young. All have had to learn different offenses the past few years. I want to see what EACH one of them can do in CHAN GAILEY'S offense during the preseason BEFORE I toss ANY of them aside. If all of you still have your same leanings come late August, then post away. Until then, let the guys compete in this new offense for cryin' out loud. The OTA's are no place to establish your depth chart.

You (sir or madam), are actually making sense.

Prepare to get ridiculed by all the Keyboard Coaches who are prepared to either

A) anoint the starter already or

B) throw them all under the bus

Our qb situation is what it is- unless one of our guys has a breakout season or Levi is lights out in camp/preseason then qb will remain as a position of need. That being said, I feel thigpen brings more to the plate than Fitz. Sure fitz has some scrambling abilities and has shown that he has a set of balls, but thigpen has been more impressive given his set of circumstances.

:lol: ay yay yay! What's with this wobble fixation? Not every pass is a laser beam. I don't care if a pass makes loop-de-loops if the receiver catches it.

PTR

Reminds me of that ONE play last preseason when Levitre got pushed into the backfield during a pass play.....a great lament wentup throughout the land that Levitre was soft, and obviously too weak to play guard.

Hey, at least we arent snivelling alarmists, right?

:lol: ay yay yay! What's with this wobble fixation? Not every pass is a laser beam. I don't care if a pass makes loop-de-loops if the receiver catches it.

PTR

The wobble throw is an indication to TE's mental state. Get TE in pads with someone coming at him (which is going to happen a ton with the garbage OL) and he's done.

But picking up Thigpen?

I just dont see us adding another QB, I think if anything, theyre going to see what happens this year with the staff they have...and work on QB next year.

Everybody has to keep in mind the concept of rebuilding...they have no plans for post season play, its a long term (3-years down the road) goal.

Gailey has to see the wobble throws and have nightmares at night.

Maybe I'm alone here, but I think Gailey thinks they have talent at QB and he wants to see if they can play. I'll be shocked if they bring in ANY QB.

Didn't he say that?

Ok, I'll expand the sample-when was the last time a 1st or 2nd round QB was cut by his draft team, on his 1st contract, and ever succeeded with another team? When a team puts that high round QB draft pick on waivers they're saying he's a lost cause, and they're always right, no matter how many more chances other teams are willing to give them. There are plenty of former 1s that failed and were waived, and none of them came back to haunt his old team.

He wasn't cut but Drew Brees. The Chargers completely gave up on him, drafted a QB first overall to replace him and then made no effort whatsoever to sign him. He wasn't a complete bust but he started poorly and ended bad.

Brett Favre was a #2 pick that the Falcons didnt think was good or they never would have traded him (of course, this was Jerry Glanville and some other moron GM, and Ron Wolf thought Favre would be good).

The Packers also tried to keep Brohm and offered him the same contract the Bills did to keep him on their active roster, not practice squad, but Brohm chose the Bills as a better opportunity.

I don't expect him to be great either, and he may not even make the team,

He wasn't cut but Drew Brees. The Chargers completely gave up on him, drafted a QB first overall to replace him and then made no effort whatsoever to sign him. He wasn't a complete bust but he started poorly and ended bad.

Brett Favre was a #2 pick that the Falcons didnt think was good or they never would have traded him (of course, this was Jerry Glanville and some other moron GM, and Ron Wolf thought Favre would be good).

The Packers also tried to keep Brohm and offered him the same contract the Bills did to keep him on their active roster, not practice squad, but Brohm chose the Bills as a better opportunity.

I don't expect him to be great either, and he may not even make the team,

:thumbsup::wallbash::wallbash: Well ... I keep praying for the preseason to really arrive!!

I cannot believe ... well, wait a second, yes I can ... that someone would think we are now going back to the scrapheap to pick up another quarterback when none of the four we have has seen real action under our new regime. Thigpen is not our answer and will not ever be in a Bills' uniform unless disaster hits us again and all four of our current QB's get injured in preseason, which is highly unlikely since the previous "strength and conditioning" group is long gone.

As for our QB choices for this season ... Gailey brings opportunity for each in a way that they haven't experienced.

1. Edwards - When we went 5-0 before the Arizona game we had crowned him as something special. After his concussion it was clear that he fell under the 'keep it safe' philosophy of Jauron. The never look for the deep routes was part of Coach Dick's plan to 'not try to lose a game' and we will soon discover whether the dump off's were Edwards or Jauron's way of doing things. The ball is in Edwards' court to show that he can be that QB we all loved. As for his wobble ... all of them throw wobblers and having watched McNabb down here in Jersey for years I can tell you that his passes wobbled and were underthrown but still got the job done.

2. Brohm - Yes, I am one of those who was impressed by him in college and wondered why he didn't succeed at GB but everyone needs to get their facts straigh about "Green Bay not wanting him" because they matched the Bills' offer in an attempt to keep him but Brohm picked Buffalo. All reviews seem to indicate that his issue has been confidence but that he has the arm and smarts to play QB. If Gailey could turn Thigpen into something special then there is a chance that he can do the same for Brohm who has benefited from being in all of the camps!

3. Fitz - Ok, if Fitz had been born with a good or great arm then he'd be a superstud QB!! This guy has the leadership qualities that everyone wants plus the guts to try to get what is not being given to him. His arm will never be close to Edwards' or Brohm's but in Gailey system of using the run to win and with our RB's ... a QB like Fitz just might be able to be a winner.

4. Levi - What a totally ridiculous comment that he is a blocking dummy ... to me that might qualify as the most inane posting of the month (it's probably from someone who saw Brown get his butt kicked by Ohio State ... haha or who has checked out his Madden ratings). Late round draft picks have been known to become quality pro QB's ... I won't name them all but I think we all know one or two. It's pretty clear that this is not going to be his year to compete for the starting job but then again ... he is smart, has leadership qualities, and a decent arm ... we might be surprised.

I can't wait for the real camp to get started ... and to see our new BILLS in action trying to win rather than doing whatever to try not to lose sort of ....

:pirate:

GO BILLS :lol:

:thumbsup::wallbash::wallbash: Well ... I keep praying for the preseason to really arrive!!

I cannot believe ... well, wait a second, yes I can ... that someone would think we are now going back to the scrapheap to pick up another quarterback when none of the four we have has seen real action under our new regime. Thigpen is not our answer and will not ever be in a Bills' uniform unless disaster hits us again and all four of our current QB's get injured in preseason, which is highly unlikely since the previous "strength and conditioning" group is long gone.

As for our QB choices for this season ... Gailey brings opportunity for each in a way that they haven't experienced.

1. Edwards - When we went 5-0 before the Arizona game we had crowned him as something special. After his concussion it was clear that he fell under the 'keep it safe' philosophy of Jauron. The never look for the deep routes was part of Coach Dick's plan to 'not try to lose a game' and we will soon discover whether the dump off's were Edwards or Jauron's way of doing things. The ball is in Edwards' court to show that he can be that QB we all loved. As for his wobble ... all of them throw wobblers and having watched McNabb down here in Jersey for years I can tell you that his passes wobbled and were underthrown but still got the job done.

2. Brohm - Yes, I am one of those who was impressed by him in college and wondered why he didn't succeed at GB but everyone needs to get their facts straigh about "Green Bay not wanting him" because they matched the Bills' offer in an attempt to keep him but Brohm picked Buffalo. All reviews seem to indicate that his issue has been confidence but that he has the arm and smarts to play QB. If Gailey could turn Thigpen into something special then there is a chance that he can do the same for Brohm who has benefited from being in all of the camps!

3. Fitz - Ok, if Fitz had been born with a good or great arm then he'd be a superstud QB!! This guy has the leadership qualities that everyone wants plus the guts to try to get what is not being given to him. His arm will never be close to Edwards' or Brohm's but in Gailey system of using the run to win and with our RB's ... a QB like Fitz just might be able to be a winner.

4. Levi - What a totally ridiculous comment that he is a blocking dummy ... to me that might qualify as the most inane posting of the month (it's probably from someone who saw Brown get his butt kicked by Ohio State ... haha or who has checked out his Madden ratings). Late round draft picks have been known to become quality pro QB's ... I won't name them all but I think we all know one or two. It's pretty clear that this is not going to be his year to compete for the starting job but then again ... he is smart, has leadership qualities, and a decent arm ... we might be surprised.

I can't wait for the real camp to get started ... and to see our new BILLS in action trying to win rather than doing whatever to try not to lose sort of ....

:pirate:

GO BILLS :lol:

I agree with all of this..

But I would be willing to bet a years salary Levi never see's regular season action....think about it, play the odds on that bet.

Im simply tired of hearing from dreamers that he's going to challenge a starting spot for this team...as horrific as they are.

JMO

I agree with all of this..

But I would be willing to bet a years salary Levi never see's regular season action....think about it, play the odds on that bet.

Im simply tired of hearing from dreamers that he's going to challenge a starting spot for this team...as horrific as they are.

JMO

Do you mean no regular season downs for Levi ever? I agree this season is a very very low chance, but ever? Let me watch him in a preseason game or two and I'll let you know if I'd bet, say $10, on him. :lol:

I often hear the "Thigpen would have a head up with us because he knows Gailey's offense" opinion and I was wondering: Is Gailey carrying over the same offense he ran in K.C.? And, was that the same one he ran at Georgia Tech., carried over again from Dallas?

I would think he'd be putting together new offenses - so the defensive coordinators around the league can't game plan as easily. How exactly does that work?

Reading this string is pretty depressing & really shows the sad state of affairs at the QB position in Buffalo.

1st we have the Brohm "I saw him play at Louisville & I think he should be the starter" fans who want our starter to be a guy rejected by the entire NFL last September when Green Bay waived him. They really believed John Guy & company outsmarted the whole league last November when they signed Brohm.

Now we have the "Chan Gailey worked wonders with Thigpen in KC" I think if he gets waived he should be the starter fans who want Thigpen to get waived, meaning he'd have been rejected by 3 teams (Waived by Vikings; traded to Miami for a low pick; if done, waived by a division opponent with no fear of him starting against them) who may have put up some nice stats, but only put up two wins resulting in the firing of his head coach. Then the next year KC was so enamored with Gailey's work with Thigpen, that Gailey & Thigpen were gone from KC long before the end of the season, with Chan not even making it to opening day (Yeah, spare me the excuses of Haley not liking Gailey. If Gailey/Thigpen were so good together in 2008, they'd still both be in KC)

Face it, our QB situation is the worst since 1985, when we traded a pick to get Vince Ferragamo then cut him thinking same season waiver pickup Bruce Mathison was better. Like 1985 any QB who is either here or picked up off the scrap heap to start this season will be gone by opening day next year, if not sooner. This facination with resurecting rejects shows that a starting NFL QB is not on this roster & one won't magically appear like a rabbit out of Chan Gailey's hat. Chan may end up being a good head coach for the Bills, but his best shot is knowing the mess he has at QB won't be fixed this year, put on a good face for the media & the overly optimistic fans & pray like hell his QB loses more games than other QB starved teams so that in the 2011 draft we can land The Franchise. Gailey will never succeed with our sorry bunch or Tyler Thigpen, but he could reach Marv Levy status or better with a Jake Locker as his QB.

By the way, there was a decent NFL QB on the 1985 Bills. Unfortunately he spent a lot of his rookie year stashed on IR & didn't end up starting a game until his 5th season. If Levi Brown can have a similar career, I'd be satisfied with him, but not as our starter-ever.

Great post Albany. You hit the nail right on the head. You are keeping it real and lots of fans here don't want to hear the truth. The truth shall set you free......