Jamaal Brown to the Redskins

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as per PFT

Meanwhile Wilson got his third blanket thrown on in prep for a couple hours of golf watching and Gailey contiues to throw up in his mouth watching Demetrius Bell on practice film

PFT

On Friday, rumors began to circulate regarding a possible trade that would send defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth from the Redskins to the Saints for left tackle Jammal Brown. In lieu of burying the rumor in paragraph 7, we chased the story for a bit and concluded that, for now, there's nothing to the talk.

Jumping the gun a bit, eh? But you're right. All the Bills have to do to get J. Brown is to TRADE for Haynesworth, then trade him to the Saints. What are we waiting for? :)

PTR

"If Washington's third-round pick goes to Philadelphia, then the Redskins' fourth-round pick will go to New Orleans, with a sixth- or seventh-round pick coming back to Washington from the Saints. However, if Washington's fourth-round pick goes to Philadelphia, then the Redskins' third-round pick will go to New Orleans, with a fifth-round pick coming back to Washington from the Saints.

There is also a conditional 2012 sixth-round pick involved. Should Brown play 90 percent of the plays next season or get voted to the Pro Bowl, then Washington will send its 2012 sixth-round pick to New Orleans. After Saturday's trade, Washington has six picks left in the 2011 draft."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=...amp;eid=5306133

I'm not sure how they couldn't match that offer with a guaranteed 3rd? No picks are lost except for maybe the 2012 6th rounder. You have to wonder if Brown would sign the tender to be traded to Buffalo? But the asking price for Gaither just went down.

Brown will sign his RFA tender of $3.619 million, and extension talks may begin down the line. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Saints' compensation hinges on the Donovan McNabb trade. If McNabb makes the Pro Bowl, or the Redskins win nine games or make the playoffs, the Eagles receive a third-round pick and the Saints get a fourth. If none of those happen, the Eagles will get the fourth-round pick and the Saints get the third-rounder.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Brown will sign his RFA tender of $3.619 million, and extension talks may begin down the line. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Saints' compensation hinges on the Donovan McNabb trade. If McNabb makes the Pro Bowl, or the Redskins win nine games or make the playoffs, the Eagles receive a third-round pick and the Saints get a fourth. If none of those happen, the Eagles will get the fourth-round pick and the Saints get the third-rounder.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Ha! Jared Gaither for a 2nd rounder, my ass! Well played Mr. Nix.

I guess we have to see what the Redskins end up paying him or in their case overpaying him . That said I think I would have done it for a 3 with a 5 coming back . It could be as someone said earlier that he would not sign his tender to come to Buffalo.

Ha! Jared Gaither for a 2nd rounder, my ass! Well played Mr. Nix.

not sure I agree with that. If brown cost a three then Gaither still would warrent a 2 . The saints are gambling that the redsking go 8-8 or worse which is very possible .

We just have no choice at this point but to give these clowns the benefit of the doubt, not that they've earned it. But I swear to God, the first time I hear Gailey or anyone else complain in a post-game interview that the personnel upfront was overmatched, they will lose my support and I won't spend another second or nickel rooting for this pitiful franchise.

The Saints don't have quite as good a LT on their roster as do the Ravens, so considering the Saints are only getting a 3rd at best - and in that case sending a sixth - I see no reason why the Bills couldn't get a deal done for Gaither or McNiell. This tells me that it's really more the case of the Bills not wanting to give away much to get a LT in a trade, that they don't value these LT's as highly as the media and fans do, because if they did, then there's no reason they couldn't get one.

Or they really do like Bell.

I want to believe they know what they're doing here, but that just seems like a really low amount of compensation the Saints are getting, and if we could be talking having a pro-bowl caliber LT for a 3rd, or a 2nd and maybe getting a fourth in return or something, then we might really be regretting this come regular season.

I hope they know what they're doing.

The Saints don't have quite as good a LT on their roster as do the Ravens, so considering the Saints are only getting a 3rd at best - and in that case sending a sixth - I see no reason why the Bills couldn't get a deal done for Gaither or McNiell. This tells me that it's really more the case of the Bills not wanting to give away much to get a LT in a trade, that they don't value these LT's as highly as the media and fans do, because if they did, then there's no reason they couldn't get one.

Or they really do like Bell.

I want to believe they know what they're doing here, but that just seems like a really low amount of compensation the Saints are getting, and if we could be talking having a pro-bowl caliber LT for a 3rd, or a 2nd and maybe getting a fourth in return or something, then we might really be regretting this come regular season.

I hope they know what they're doing.

It could be that Brown would not sign a tender to go to Buffalo as long as the Redskins were in play. That said this is very frustrating, maybe they see Bell as the answer or maybe Buddy is waiting out Newsome as long as he can before he pulls the trigger.

The thing is , if they don't think Bell is the answer then you would have to think that they would have to spend a high pick on a left tackle next year. so why not just give the second , sign gaither long term as move forward. Just one persons humble opinion .

This one hurts boys. This guy is a Pro Bowler that they sent off on the cheap. One thing that needs to be made note of is age here though. He's 29. Lot older than I thought. That factor makes it not look like so great a fit for Buffalo. They're all young up front. Why pay big bucks for a guy going on 30? I'd rather spend that money on a 24 year old like Gaither, even if it did cost us a higher pick.

The Skins are in win now mode. Aging everywhere. We're not in the same boat. Now, this gives us a point of comparison w/ the Ravens. Brown should be roughly as valuable as Gaither (considering the Pro Bowl appearances by Brown), so our 3rd should do it when you take into consideration that Brown may be gone for a low 4th. Not all bad news here. If we're still negotiating, that is.

The McNeil talk seems early, for the record. AJ Smith hasn't even whispered it.

PFT

Jumping the gun a bit, eh? But you're right. All the Bills have to do to get J. Brown is to TRADE for Haynesworth, then trade him to the Saints. What are we waiting for? :)

PTR

Or just offer up a conditional 3rd or 4th to fill the biggest glaring weakness on the club :thumbsup:

The Skins are in win now mode. Aging everywhere. We're not in the same boat. Now, this gives us a point of comparison w/ the Ravens. Brown should be roughly as valuable as Gaither (considering the Pro Bowl appearances by Brown), so our 3rd should do it when you take into consideration that Brown may be gone for a low 4th. Not all bad news here. If we're still negotiating, that is.

We're in the win later mode, 10 years running. :)

This one hurts boys. This guy is a Pro Bowler that they sent off on the cheap. One thing that needs to be made note of is age here though. He's 29. Lot older than I thought. That factor makes it not look like so great a fit for Buffalo. They're all young up front. Why pay big bucks for a guy going on 30? I'd rather spend that money on a 24 year old like Gaither, even if it did cost us a higher pick.

The McNeil talk seems early, for the record. AJ Smith hasn't even whispered it.

The only thing hurt is Brown.

"Brown, a two-time Pro Bowl selection and the man responsible for protecting quarterback Drew Brees' blindside, underwent surgical procedures to repair a sports hernia and a hip injury last month and will miss the entire season, the Saints' release said."

I'm not giving up a 3rd round pick, have to sign him to a huge long term deal, for a 30 year old LT coming off season ending multiple surgeries.

Guys just consider this. Our new FO has a philosophy - stack players on top of players. You can't do that by trading your draft picks for 30 year old players. You do like the Saints did, put yourself in a position to trade a LT, because you got one ready to step up behind him. We have to be patient, Nix knows what he's doing. It's going to take time, which I know is difficult to do because that's all we've done as Bills fans, but I truly believe this regime is different.

Guys just consider this. Our new FO has a philosophy - stack players on top of players. You can't do that by trading your draft picks for 30 year old players. You do like the Saints did, put yourself in a position to trade a LT, because you got one ready to step up behind him. We have to be patient, Nix knows what he's doing. It's going to take time, which I know is difficult to do because that's all we've done as Bills fans, but I truly believe this regime is different.

I get what you are saying but this is such a huge need for us .

I'm so damn glad we have a GM who isn't throwing picks after players who will only be with us for a few years and retire or move on. We are building a team with young players now. No need to throw in old timers to muck it up. Every time we bring in someone who is an old vet we lessen the rep opportunities for someone young who we are trying to evaluate.

"If Washington's third-round pick goes to Philadelphia, then the Redskins' fourth-round pick will go to New Orleans, with a sixth- or seventh-round pick coming back to Washington from the Saints. However, if Washington's fourth-round pick goes to Philadelphia, then the Redskins' third-round pick will go to New Orleans, with a fifth-round pick coming back to Washington from the Saints.

There is also a conditional 2012 sixth-round pick involved. Should Brown play 90 percent of the plays next season or get voted to the Pro Bowl, then Washington will send its 2012 sixth-round pick to New Orleans. After Saturday's trade, Washington has six picks left in the 2011 draft."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=...amp;eid=5306133

I'm not sure how they couldn't match that offer with a guaranteed 3rd? No picks are lost except for maybe the 2012 6th rounder. You have to wonder if Brown would sign the tender to be traded to Buffalo? But the asking price for Gaither just went down.

Gaither is a ton better than Brown.

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.ph...&numgames=1

And while the offers may go down, the asking price won't, and Gaither will be a Raven unless someone meets it.

I get what you are saying but this is such a huge need for us .

I know, which is all the more reason you can't add any risk to the equation, or at least as much as you can. Drafting a LT is one thing, trading to get one and giving up picks for one is another. Add in the injury risk and man I run for the hills on this one. Look at what the Redskins are risking by hoping this move works.

I'm so damn glad we have a GM who isn't throwing picks after players who will only be with us for a few years and retire or move on. We are building a team with young players now. No need to throw in old timers to muck it up. Every time we bring in someone who is an old vet we lessen the rep opportunities for someone young who we are trying to evaluate.

Bingo!

The only thing hurt is Brown.

"Brown, a two-time Pro Bowl selection and the man responsible for protecting quarterback Drew Brees' blindside, underwent surgical procedures to repair a sports hernia and a hip injury last month and will miss the entire season, the Saints' release said."

I'm not giving up a 3rd round pick, have to sign him to a huge long term deal, for a 30 year old LT coming off season ending multiple surgeries.

He wouldn't have been out all season but they shelved him to free up the roster spot.... He could have played by the end of the year