Jamaal Brown to the Redskins

I wish common sense was more common than it is. Why is it called common when it is really not??

Well just look at it this way Pilsner. Common has more than one meaning, one is as you meant it occurring frequently or habitually. The other is commonalty or something shared equally by two or more. All we need is two or more to agree to have commonality, we're there.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just look at it this way Pilsner. Common has more than one meaning, one is as you meant it occurring frequently or habitually. The other is commonalty or something shared equally by two or more. All we need is two or more to agree to have commonality, we're there.

Good catch. I inferred the first point. But now ur making me think of both ways of looking at it.

He wouldn't have been out all season but they shelved him to free up the roster spot.... He could have played by the end of the year

And you think the Bills are a 30 year old Lineman that is going to want a huge contract, coming off season ending surgery, that we have to mortgage a portion of our future to trade for, away from ........ (fill in the blank)?

Good catch. I inferred the first point. But now ur making me think of both ways of looking at it.

You have to. I come on here in hopes of chatting with guys like you (that get it) and have to weed through the fans that just react emotionally after every occurrence or non occurrence. So I find that commonality after all, it's just not with everybody, but we still have it.

You have to. I come on here in hopes of chatting with guys like you (that get it) and have to weed through the fans that just react emotionally after every occurrence or non occurrence. So I find that commonality after all, it's just not with everybody, but we still have it.

I agree. I've been reading this forum for a few years now and I've been sifting thru people's posts. It's taken a while, and it's still a work in progress, but i've started to see which ones here have a clue and which ones don't. Even the ones who in my opinion don't have a clue, i still try to get some semblance of understanding of our team which i might have missed.

I agree. I've been reading this forum for a few years now and I've been sifting thru people's posts. It's taken a while, and it's still a work in progress, but i've started to see which ones here have a clue and which ones don't. Even the ones who in my opinion don't have a clue, i still try to get some semblance of understanding of our team which i might have missed.

Don't get me wrong its hard to stay positive with the frustration this team has brought its fans the last 10 years, but the focus has to be on that the new regime has nothing to do with the last 10 years. I know its difficult, but we as fans have to start over with them. It really is possible that Nix, Gailey, and company may know how to turn this team into a winner. I for one have been on board with just about everything they've done or for that matter haven't done. They clearly laid out tidbits of their plan to the fan base and so far have stayed absolutely true to it. They distinctly said they will not be cavalier with trading draft picks, they said they would only sign depth type players in free agency, they believe very strongly in competition at every position, and will build this team through the draft. Right, wrong, or indifferent they are sticking to the plan.

I am on board with the plan, I understand their philosophy, and am approaching everything from what I think is their point of view. So I am trying to think like they might even in the Jamaal Brown situation.

I love how its such a noble cause to build through the draft and bring in young players, ignoring the gaping trauma inducing hole on your club.

Its like test driving a new car that doesn't have breaks because you want to save money and be able to buy the right brakes for it. In the meantime you'll just recklessly drive your four wheel hazard and smash it to pieces.

Without a LT this team won't be able to;

- Evaluate any of its QB's

- understand how good Spiller might be

- develop it young WR corp

We get to watch another whole season of QB's scrambling, 3rd and 12's and 14 punt games

Don't get me wrong its hard to stay positive with the frustration this team has brought its fans the last 10 years, but the focus has to be on that the new regime has nothing to do with the last 10 years. I know its difficult, but we as fans have to start over with them. It really is possible that Nix, Gailey, and company may know how to turn this team into a winner. I for one have been on board with just about everything they've done or for that matter haven't done. They clearly laid out tidbits of their plan to the fan base and so far have stayed absolutely true to it. They distinctly said they will not be cavalier with trading draft picks, they said they would only sign depth type players in free agency, they believe very strongly in competition at every position, and will build this team through the draft. Right, wrong, or indifferent they are sticking to the plan.

I am on board with the plan, I understand their philosophy, and am approaching everything from what I think is their point of view. So I am trying to think like they might even in the Jamaal Brown situation.

Oh i'm on board as well. I'm sure a lot of the fans here are skeptical about a new regime, which i dont' blame them about. A lot of posters here are former players and coaches i've noticed. Some even might still coach. I've coached and played. Only in HS tho, i'm not as accomplished as some here. But i have seen first hand how a great coach can maximize what little talent he has and make a team go further than anyone has expected. There's so much frickin fiddle faddle about past draft picks. This is a new era.

A real coach with a real plan. I could be wrong about this but i am optimistic about how this team will be built in the coming years. As long as there is no tinkering by Ralph, we have a chance to build, brick by brick, something special.

And you think the Bills are a 30 year old Lineman that is going to want a huge contract, coming off season ending surgery, that we have to mortgage a portion of our future to trade for, away from ........ (fill in the blank)?

I never said he'd take us to the playoffs. He wouldn't be my first choice but sending a 3 for jb and a 5 is a pretty good deal. By having a functional line you can evaluate many other positions properly. By essentially trading back 60 picks in the draft you get to see a much better picture of what your needs are.

This is where I dont agree with the CG/BN decisions.....and to be honest I am pretty much on board with EVERYTHING they have done.

But not on the offensive line situation......D. Bell was pretty darn raw last year and was coming off injury......All the other OT's I like on the right side.

I am on board with Gaither....and I would have liked J. Brown as well. Just because the LT position affects more then one spot on the offense.

They must see something they like in their own players that I do not see but that is why I am on a board posting and not up at onebillsdrive

I never said he'd take us to the playoffs. He wouldn't be my first choice but sending a 3 for jb and a 5 is a pretty good deal. By having a functional line you can evaluate many other positions properly. By essentially trading back 60 picks in the draft you get to see a much better picture of what your needs are.

Fair enough point, but I disagree, I think giving up a 3rd is a bad deal. I think it sets us back. You get a guy that you have to give up picks for, that you have to sign to a lucrative extension, to only have that investment really mean anything a couple of years from now. Then he'd be that much closer to the downside of his career even if the chance you took on a player coming of season ending surgeries is healthy.

They must be waiting for cuts IMO or another FA Brown must not have been someone they were interested in which may or may the way to go with it. I hope they are not having Bell in there or if they are they have some decent depth (better than what we have now). I hope if they do like Bell as much as Chan seemed to indicate in his presser, he proves them right. I still want a back up though if that is the way they go.

Meanwhile, Nix sits on his hands holding on to his precious draft picks while someone at OBD has the FO convinced that Bell can do the job at LT. I watched him play last season and when it really counted, he really was bad.

I think that sometime during the 4th QTR of the first game the Nix/Gailey old boy connection will crap their pants in unison as they watch the Bills QB unable to perform and save the game as he is under to much duress from both ends.

Their failure to address the positions that everyone knew needed to be addressed will more then likely get them both fired, JMO.

I love how its such a noble cause to build through the draft and bring in young players, ignoring the gaping trauma inducing hole on your club.

Its like test driving a new car that doesn't have breaks because you want to save money and be able to buy the right brakes for it. In the meantime you'll just recklessly drive your four wheel hazard and smash it to pieces.

Without a LT this team won't be able to;

- Evaluate any of its QB's

- understand how good Spiller might be

- develop it young WR corp

We get to watch another whole season of QB's scrambling, 3rd and 12's and 14 punt games

agreed .

plus how is trading a 4th round pick throwing away the future .

Fair enough point, but I disagree, I think giving up a 3rd is a bad deal. I think it sets us back. You get a guy that you have to give up picks for, that you have to sign to a lucrative extension, to only have that investment really mean anything a couple of years from now. Then he'd be that much closer to the downside of his career even if the chance you took on a player coming of season ending surgeries is healthy.

You know if you get 3 or 4 good years out of him that is not much less then what you get from a draft pick. If the drafted player turns out to be good or very good, the cries for a big new contract starts up . Look no further then the jets with Revis and mangold

The poster who pointed out that getting an nfl caliber left tackle on the roster now helps with the evaluation process of several positions .

Bingo!

the ease with which the front office can sell being cheap as "building for the long term" is scary as hell. The Skins gave up the right to take a flyer on a Marcus Easley, Kevin Everett type to get a former pro bowler with 4-5 years left. Some 4th rounders pan out. The only way you don't make that move is if you refuse to pay the $10 M guaranteed it will take to sign him. You can argue that one either way, but when your needs at the position are as acute as the Bills', you make the freakin move. Period.