Mankins Rips *Patriots

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...r-mistreatment/

On a day where many restricted free agents let bygones be bygones, Patriots guard Logan Mankins got personal with his employer.

The Pro Bowler doesn't plan to sign his restricted free agent tender, and he wants to be traded because he says the Patriots haven't been upfront with him.

"After the 2008 season, me and my agent approached the Patriots about an extension and I was told that Mr. Kraft did not want to do an extension because of the [uncertain collective bargaining agreement]," Mankins told Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com. "I was asked to play '09 out, and that they would address contract after the uncapped year. I'm a team player, I took them at word, and I felt I played out an undervalued contract."

The Patriots hate having their dirty laundry aired publicly, especially by players. This is a bold step Mankins felt necessary after he says the team wasn't truthful.

"Right now, this is about principle with me and keeping your word and how you treat people. This is what I thought the foundation of the Patriots was built on," Mankins said. "Apparently, I was wrong. Growing up, I was taught a man's word is his bond. Obviously this isn't the case with the Patriots."

Ouch. This one could take a while.

HAHAHA GOOD TO SEE ALL IS NOT WELL IN *PATS WORLD (Ummm does it not say "after the uncapped year" ? Mr. Mankins the uncapped year has not yet happened...) HMMmmm

Lets trade Spiller tp the Pats for Mankins

Our running game would be better with Lynch/Jackson behind Mankins than Spiller/Lynch/Jackson behind Hangartner :flirt:

I am serious in the sense that I would love that trade and joking in the sense that it would ever happen.

Instead of woo-hoo money, the Pats big enticement has been the high likelihood that you'll get a Super Bowl ring. Only now that those days seem to be more in the past than in the future, players want their "reward" in cash.

Wasn't Tom Brady the latest Patsie to be upset with his contract? I hate the Pats* and everyone who wears that uniform, but I felt a little sorry for what they put WR Troy Brown through. Brown had always been a team player - took a cut in pay for the team and even switched positions from WR to CB when their secondary was hurting. His reward? He was tossed out like yesterdays trash.

Wasn't Tom Brady the latest Patsie to be upset with his contract? I hate the Pats* and everyone who wears that uniform, but I felt a little sorry for what they put WR Troy Brown through. Brown had always been a team player - took a cut in pay for the team and even switched positions from WR to CB when their secondary was hurting. His reward? He was tossed out like yesterdays trash.

The Pats organization is pure scum. They cheat without a second thought and they treat their players poorly. Since they are successful, this is overlooked and even respected by some. But don't for a minute believe they are successful BECAUSE they are scum (although the cheating helped), they just happen to have very smart football personnel in the FO and a great HC. But you don't have to be douchebags to be successful. just like you don't have to be a personality-less automaton to be an excellent NFL HC.

Total posturing - Mankins is trying to tick enough people off in the front office to force a ticket out of town. If he and his agent were really take the Pats* (and, honestly, any NFL team) at their word they are really naive.

Good player, but if Logan is really being honest with his statements, he needs to grow up a bit (or hire a better rep). Also, :flirt: the Pats*

Instead of woo-hoo money, the Pats big enticement has been the high likelihood that you'll get a Super Bowl ring. Only now that those days seem to be more in the past than in the future, players want their "reward" in cash.

This is a great point. I was always shocked at how over the last decade, many of the Patriot players put the "team" ahead of their personal bank accounts. I don't know what was in the koolaid Belichick was giving them, but this phenomenon has never happened before or since to any other NFL team. Glad to see those days of the Pats being immune to disgruntled players and their contract demands are long gone now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...million-a-year/

Don't get me wron I love to see the Pats* in turmoil, but Mankins turned down a $7,000,000 a year contract and now he's whining? How much does he actually think he's worth?

Understood, but the article states that it is unclear how much is guaranteed.

It will be interesting to see what they do. If Levy was involved and this was the Bills he would probably keep him for a season and then let him walk away for nothing. Or, they would trade him for less than he is worth because the player wants to be traded.

OK, so as know little, armchair GM, my offer is this: Lynch and Parrish and we take Mankins off their hands LOL!!!

it's that time of the year - again :flirt:

people screaming about mistreatment and insults (Trade Marshawn to the Pats for him)

Patriots Pro Bowl G Logan Mankins demands trade, rejects signing contract offer - ESPN

New England Patriots Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins demanded a trade on Monday when he said he would refuse to sign the team's contract tender by the midnight deadline.

Mankins told ESPN:

"At this point, I'm pretty frustrated, from everything that's happened and the way negotiations have gone. I want to be traded. I don't need to be here any more."

Mankins is a restricted free agent who must sign the $3.26 million tender by midnight Monday or risk the Patriots reduce his offer to 110% of his 2009 salary (which would be about $1.54 million).

He flatly rejected the possibility of meeting the Monday deadline:

"There is no way that I'm signing that thing."

New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis on Monday called the team's latest contract offer an "insult" and said he might hold out when the Jets start training camp next month.

Revis said at the Jets' minicamp workout that the team's latest offer did not include guaranteed money. He said he wants to be the highest-paid CB in the NFL, with a deal that surpasses the three-year, $45.3 contract the Raiders gave Nnamdi Asomugha in 2009.

"That's the bar," said Revis, while adding that he would be content earning "50 cents more" than Asomugha.

Revis also sat out a couple of plays during the Jets' practice in a mini-protest. It could be a prelude to a larger holdout when the Jets open training camp.

The Pro Bowler said he will seriously entertain sitting out camp if the sides don't agree to a new deal before then.

"I might be at training camp, I might not," Revis said. "As of right now, it doesn't look good."

The Pats organization is pure scum. They cheat without a second thought and they treat their players poorly. Since they are successful, this is overlooked and even respected by some. But don't for a minute believe they are successful BECAUSE they are scum (although the cheating helped), they just happen to have very smart football personnel in the FO and a great HC. But you don't have to be douchebags to be successful. just like you don't have to be a personality-less automaton to be an excellent NFL HC.

The dynasty is coming to an end right in front of our eyes. I think Pioli was the brains behind it all, and now he is in KC plus they cant cheat like they used to. The jets, well they are overrated. And the Dolphins have lots of ? marks. We can compete in this division if we can get half way decent qb play, run the ball, and a stout D. I know I got off topic, but it felt good!!!!

Understood, but the article states that it is unclear how much is guaranteed.

It will be interesting to see what they do. If Levy was involved and this was the Bills he would probably keep him for a season and then let him walk away for nothing. Or, they would trade him for less than he is worth because the player wants to be traded.

OK, so as know little, armchair GM, my offer is this: Lynch and Parrish and we take Mankins off their hands LOL!!!

Yeah, the contract probably had very little guaranteed money, or at least upfront guaranteed money (i.e. it may have had tiered bonuses). Oh and Bill, the Pats kept Asante Samuel for a season and then let him walk away for nothing.

The dynasty is coming to an end right in front of our eyes. I think Pioli was the brains behind it all, and now he is in KC plus they cant cheat like they used to. The jets, well they are overrated. And the Dolphins have lots of ? marks. We can compete in this division if we can get half way decent qb play, run the ball, and a stout D. I know I got off topic, but it felt good!!!!

The faux dynasty was over awhile ago.

Yeah, the contract probably had very little guaranteed money, or at least upfront guaranteed money (i.e. it may have had tiered bonuses). Oh and Bill, the Pats kept Asante Samuel for a season and then let him walk away for nothing.

The faux dynasty was over awhile ago.

Ha Concur!!!

The Giants sort of put a wooden stake through the heart.

Still, the Patriots own the AFC East until someone else can consistently whip them.

True. But they're not a dynasty anymore, if not ever.

And on further inspection, it seems that Mankins was looking for at least what Saints' Pro Bowl OG Jahri Evans got, which was 7-years and $57M, playing for a SB-winning team. Although I still bet the guaranteed money wasn't that great either.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...r-mistreatment/

On a day where many restricted free agents let bygones be bygones, Patriots guard Logan Mankins got personal with his employer.

The Pro Bowler doesn't plan to sign his restricted free agent tender, and he wants to be traded because he says the Patriots haven't been upfront with him.

"After the 2008 season, me and my agent approached the Patriots about an extension and I was told that Mr. Kraft did not want to do an extension because of the [uncertain collective bargaining agreement]," Mankins told Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com. "I was asked to play '09 out, and that they would address contract after the uncapped year. I'm a team player, I took them at word, and I felt I played out an undervalued contract."

The Patriots hate having their dirty laundry aired publicly, especially by players. This is a bold step Mankins felt necessary after he says the team wasn't truthful.

"Right now, this is about principle with me and keeping your word and how you treat people. This is what I thought the foundation of the Patriots was built on," Mankins said. "Apparently, I was wrong. Growing up, I was taught a man's word is his bond. Obviously this isn't the case with the Patriots."

Ouch. This one could take a while.

HAHAHA GOOD TO SEE ALL IS NOT WELL IN *PATS WORLD (Ummm does it not say "after the uncapped year" ? Mr. Mankins the uncapped year has not yet happened...) HMMmmm

Wouldn't that make it after 2010? Isn' that what he agreed to in 2008?

it's that time of the year - again :w00t:

people screaming about mistreatment and insults (Trade Marshawn to the Pats for him)

Patriots Pro Bowl G Logan Mankins demands trade, rejects signing contract offer - ESPN

New England Patriots Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins demanded a trade on Monday when he said he would refuse to sign the team's contract tender by the midnight deadline.

Mankins told ESPN:

"At this point, I'm pretty frustrated, from everything that's happened and the way negotiations have gone. I want to be traded. I don't need to be here any more."

Mankins is a restricted free agent who must sign the $3.26 million tender by midnight Monday or risk the Patriots reduce his offer to 110% of his 2009 salary (which would be about $1.54 million).

He flatly rejected the possibility of meeting the Monday deadline:

"There is no way that I'm signing that thing."

New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis on Monday called the team's latest contract offer an "insult" and said he might hold out when the Jets start training camp next month.

Revis said at the Jets' minicamp workout that the team's latest offer did not include guaranteed money. He said he wants to be the highest-paid CB in the NFL, with a deal that surpasses the three-year, $45.3 contract the Raiders gave Nnamdi Asomugha in 2009.

"That's the bar," said Revis, while adding that he would be content earning "50 cents more" than Asomugha.

Revis also sat out a couple of plays during the Jets' practice in a mini-protest. It could be a prelude to a larger holdout when the Jets open training camp.

The Pro Bowler said he will seriously entertain sitting out camp if the sides don't agree to a new deal before then.

"I might be at training camp, I might not," Revis said. "As of right now, it doesn't look good."

I will never understand what made the talking heads at ESPM anoint Derrel Revis the "Best Cornerback in the NFL" Aside from the fact he had the best pass rush in the NFL infront of him this season, what makes him so good? I have seen a lot of his games and I think McGee has played better for us with 1/3 the pass rush.