Lets talk football

mpl6876

With all do respect San Jose, I do not think this forum is appropriate for us to debate one another. This is a forum to discuss the Bills and like it or not that is what I intend to do. You can continue to "sling mud" and make incorrect statements/assessments. I will not respond to them.

Now, like talk about the Bills...Currently speaking:

(1) I am not happy with our offensive line. Don't like our LT( Meridith or Bell) and RT (Green). I think our center Hartgardner is average. I really like Levitre and a healthy Woods. Bottom line is a think teams will expose our tackle positions. Are you happy with the OL? I am disappointed that the Bills haven't addressed a LT position in either of the last 2 drafts. Wang is a project and I hope he works out...Stated this in prior post.

(2) I am not happy with our current QB situation. I don't think any of our 4 QBs are top 15 material. Are you happy with our current QB roster? Stated in prior post that I think the Bills "missed the boat" on not picking Clausen at 41. Received many responses from hopeful fans that Galiey can make one of our QB productive. I stated skepticism regarding this due to weak OL and weak WR personnel. Was this so out of line?

(3) I am not happy with our WR roster. LEE EVANS IS MY FAVORITE BILL and I think he is a stud. After that, I don't see much. Johnson unproven, Easley raw, Parrish I don't like, and Hardy appears lost having difficulty separating and learning routes (not to mention coming off a serious injury). Are you happy with the Bills WR core? Was this so out of line?

Stated poor OL, QB, and WR personnel doesn't equate to winning many games. Is that so out of line?

(4) I am fully anticipating Schobel is going to retire. IMO, he is our only bonafide pass rusher. Maybin is young raw and learning new position. As a result, I don't know how effective he will be. Are you happy with our pass rush? Stated in prior post wish the Bills would have picked Orakpo. Easy to say after the fact but on that draft day I wanted Oher badly or Orakpo. Time will tell on the Maybin pick. Previous post stated Maybin appears to be a bust. Too early to tell in hindsight . Not really a correct statement to make. I stand corrected.

(5) Are you confident the Bills can stop the run? This has been a nemesis of our for the past few years. Trope pick has addressed this situation. I have stated I was unhappy with this pick. I like the guys motor and attitude. However, I think the Bills could have gotten him much later (round 3,4 or 5). Cody and Thomas were also on the board. Time will tell. I have my doubts that this unit with a new scheme and unproven DC is going to be able to effectively stop the run...Stated in prior post I think Pery Fewell will be missed. (I do like the LB Davis we picked up from Denver)

(6) I have spoken about Chan Gailey's track record as a head coach in college and the NFL. IMO, it is a definite upgrade from Juaron. That's being an arm chair fan. I remember when DICK Jauron was hired and I liked the hire. I liked his defensive mindset and his ability to communicate with his players. I liked the direction Levy was taking...I was the one oozing with enthusiasm. Boy was I ever wrong........ Could we all be wrong with Gailey/NIX? With todays NFL coaching carousel how come coach Gailey wasn't snagged up by any other team prior to us? Just a thought? Yet, when I show skepticism regarding Gailey and Nix I get crucified. Just food for thought. How did Wade Philips do with the Bills?

(7) I really like the Bills secondary and special teams. I am glad Bruce D is back.

(8) Piror post indicated teams are likely to "stack the box," run blitz, and have thier DB/LB "squat" sit on short passes. Those forces the Bills to beat them with a intermediate/long passing game. I stated that I didn't think the Bills could be successful doing this because of a weak OL, QB, and WR. Not to mention the double teams Lee with have to endure. I am not a ciach and I don;t know what Gailey has in mind. I have yet to hear a fan tell me how they think the Bills can overcome and beat this defensive scheme...

(9) Every time I ask you to respond to comments like" what have you been saying about the Bills for the past several years? Have you been saying the same basic thing after every regime change? I never seem to get a response with the exception of being a TROLL.

Prior post predicted Bills would be 4-12. Is that so out of line?

Wondering if a Bills fan has a right to criticize his team and vent years of frustration?

Wondering why it is so "taboo"not to paint a rosey picture of the Bills?

Wondering why it is ok to post positive things but not ok to post negative things?

Wondering why negative post are seen as whinning?

Wondering if anyone has ever thought that some fans are sick of hearing fans "talk up the Bills" when the evidence is just not there?

These last 5 questions are rhetorical....(San Jose if you don't now what that means look it up or I will assist you) San Jose, thanks for passing me the ball. You just got dunked on. Game over. Be a man and respond by not attacking. Lets hear some valid counter points. I welcome everyone's feedback positive or negative.

Also, I just watched the NFL network and the Bills ranked 29th out of 32 teams. I am not surprised. Jaimie DUkes and Charles Davis pretty much "echoed" what I (and others here) have been saying on the forum. Are they so out of line with their comments?

I would like to hear what you guys think. I don't need to here about the other crap that has been going on...Lets talk football!

Good post! I think your right on the ball with everything. I am trying really hard to be optimistic about this year. I can't wait to see them hit and get the pads on. Then we will start to see the separation of players. I think Edwards is going to get the start at QB. Spiller will be a major impact for us this year too. Just his presence on the field might take some pressure off Edwards enough to make some plays more than 5 yards down the field. Our D has many questions. what do you expect from a team changing the entire scheme. Optimistic!! That's all I can say

Lets Go Buffalo!!!! :worthy:

Good post! I think your right on the ball with everything. I am trying really hard to be optimistic about this year. I can't wait to see them hit and get the pads on. Then we will start to see the separation of players. I think Edwards is going to get the start at QB. Spiller will be a major impact for us this year too. Just his presence on the field might take some pressure off Edwards enough to make some plays more than 5 yards down the field. Our D has many questions. what do you expect from a team changing the entire scheme. Optimistic!! That's all I can say

Lets Go Buffalo!!!! :worthy:

Thanks for you reply. I am going to try my best not to be so negative. I will try to drink some of your positive optimistic cool aid.

If you every time you see a man, and you point out the imperfections of said mans wife or girlfriend, eventually, you are going to get a punch in your eye.

Most of the informed people here are aware of the imperfections of our beloved Bills. Do we constantly need them rammed up our a$$. I think not! I understand the concept that if you convince yourself that things are going to be bad then it will not be such a downer when the badness comes to fruition.

Yellowstone is the one of the worlds largest volcanoes, a super volcano that erupts around every six hundred thousand years or so. It last erupted sometime around six hundred thousand years ago. I choose to believe that it will hold off for another 25, 30 years or so until I am out of here. I also choose to believe that the Bills will be improved this year over last year.

Yellowstone is the one of the worlds largest volcanoes, a super volcano that erupts around every six hundred thousand years or so. It last erupted sometime around six hundred thousand years ago. I choose to believe that it will hold off for another 25, 30 years or so until I am out of here. I also choose to believe that the Bills will be improved this year over last year.

Oh you're just drinking the Yellowstone cool-aid!!!! That bad boy is going up this year just to underscore how bad our LT situation is and because we didn't take Clausen. I can just see it coming......

Cliff notes please...

Prelude) Mud slinging in San Jose

Ch 1) He's not happy.

Ch 2 ) He's not happy.

Ch 3 ) He is still not happy.

Ch 4 ) He dislikes Schobel

Ch 5) He does not like "Trope" or Troupe

Ch 6 ) Things are starting to get brighter.

Ch 7 ) He is happy

Ch 8 ) Now becoming unsure

Ch 9) Something about a TROLL

Ch 10-15 ) Rhetoric

End) He likes football but not the Bills, . . . This year.

Prelude) Mud slinging in San Jose

Ch 1) He's not happy.

Ch 2 ) He's not happy.

Ch 3 ) He is still not happy.

Ch 4 ) He dislikes Schobel

Ch 5) He does not like "Trope" or Troupe

Ch 6 ) Things are starting to get brighter.

Ch 7 ) He is happy

Ch 8 ) Now becoming unsure

Ch 9) Something about a TROLL

Ch 10-15 ) Rhetoric

End) He likes football but not the Bills, . . . This year.

MUCH better.

I actually laughed after these!

....and I needed a laugh, today.

Hey mpl,

I haven't been posting here long, but I have noticed a trend of sorts. After every losing season we tend to indulge in a bit of Bills bashing, wallow in our failure, curse our players, the coaching staff, old RW and everything Bills. Hope always springs eternal though and we start looking forward to the draft, always hoping things will get better. When you've sunk as low as we have, there is no way to look but up. There will always be naysayers, who keep harping about how we will never amount to anything, how the coaching sucks, player sucks, scheme sucks..whatever. They usually start around the time we start our losing streak and go on till OTAs. Suffice to say, the act wears thin. You are not the only one sick of losing. Most of the naysayers and doom 'n' gloomers quiet down by OTAs. Its a fresh start and we all want our Bills to succeed. We want to give them a chance because lets face it, crying about our failures is getting quite boring after 10 years.

I respect your opinion. I just think our feelings about the Bills tend to reflect a sine wave and right now most of us are high on optimism and are looking forward to the season. I think thats why you're facing a lot of flak. Most of what you've been saying has been said by countless other people for six months or so now. Most of us have got it out of our system.

Welcome to the board and I hope this season gives you something positive to talk about.

P.S... Sorry no cliff notes.

(6) I have spoken about Chan Gailey's track record as a head coach in college and the NFL. IMO, it is a definite upgrade from Juaron. That's being an arm chair fan. I remember when DICK Jauron was hired and I liked the hire. I liked his defensive mindset and his ability to communicate with his players. I liked the direction Levy was taking...I was the one oozing with enthusiasm. Boy was I ever wrong........ Could we all be wrong with Gailey/NIX? With todays NFL coaching carousel how come coach Gailey wasn't snagged up by any other team prior to us? Just a thought? Yet, when I show skepticism regarding Gailey and Nix I get crucified. Just food for thought. How did Wade Philips do with the Bills?

So you liked the coach who had a losing record and not rack record of success? I sense that you make excellent decisions. I have some financial questions and I would like your advice.

Dude thanks for regurgitating our team weaknesses. I'll make it simple, watch how I do this, you'll have more time to be a moron and less time to type nonsense!

1. Our OLine is weak at the tackles

2. Our QB's are average or worse

3. Our WR's are unproven except for Evans whom you show manlove for

4. Maybin sucked last year and when you saw Blindside you became an Oher fan

5. We should have hired Cowher

See that took me about 1 minute, now I have time to bone my wife, play golf or watch Operation Repo on DVR

Dude thanks for regurgitating our team weaknesses. I'll make it simple, watch how I do this, you'll have more time to be a moron and less time to type nonsense!

1. Our OLine is weak at the tackles

2. Our QB's are average or worse

3. Our WR's are unproven except for Evans whom you show manlove for

4. Maybin sucked last year and when you saw Blindside you became an Oher fan

5. We should have hired Cowher

See that took me about 1 minute, now I have time to bone my wife, play golf or watch Operation Repo on DVR

LOL

:)

If you every time you see a man, and you point out the imperfections of said mans wife or girlfriend, eventually, you are going to get a punch in your eye.

Most of the informed people here are aware of the imperfections of our beloved Bills. Do we constantly need them rammed up our a$$. I think not! I understand the concept that if you convince yourself that things are going to be bad then it will not be such a downer when the badness comes to fruition.

Here's a different way to look at things:

1) Say you know the man well enough to know the man's wife is bringing him down. Instead of getting punched in the eye, when he does split with her and everyone else is telling him how sorry they feel for him, and you say how happy you are that he's finally free, he'll say to you "You're the only one who understands how happy I am that she's gone." By the way-that's a true story, although I didn't need to point out her imperfections because he would every day when she called him 10 times a day while we were trying to get our work done. It's basically the same thing with our sorry group of QBs, until we get a football divorce from Trent, Ryan & Brian the team is just going to continue to give us a lot more misery than happiness.

2) I think when we see outrageous posts that have us being contenders, it's ok to slap the poster into some reality.

3) I choose to believe the Bills will win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years, but that doesn't necessarily mean this year is not a total rebuilding year. I can be oblivious to the fact that new coaches & systems take time & think that Gailey is such a huge upgrade that they won't need the typical transition time, or I can be realistic about this year while still maintaining my long term optimism by thinking back to Joe Gibbs' 1st season as the Redskins head coach. His team started off 0-5, yet won the Super Bowl the next season. Herm Edwards had it wrong, you don't play to win the game, you play to win the Super Bowl. In the long run, whether the Bills are better this year than last year is irrelevant. It's whether the Bills are building a team that will win the Super Bowl in this decade that's more important.

Keep posting MPL. I've gotten 2 belly laughs already from the responses in your thread.

wouldn't go as far as to say keep posting.....but you are right on the belly laughs!

mpl, you are learning a little bit. I'll give you that. but then at the end of your novell, you say

"These last 5 questions are rhetorical....(San Jose if you don't now what that means look it up or I will assist you) San Jose, thanks for passing me the ball. You just got dunked on. Game over. Be a man and respond by not attacking. Lets hear some valid counter points. I welcome everyone's feedback positive or negative"

you say lets talk football and you don't want attacking but then you call san jose stupid with the rhetorical comment (and san jose is not stupid from what I have gathered) . don't you possibly think that by ending with an attack, you may very well get the attack you don't want? When you suggest for him to be a man, I say you should first look in the mirror.

Hey mpl,

I haven't been posting here long, but I have noticed a trend of sorts. After every losing season we tend to indulge in a bit of Bills bashing, wallow in our failure, curse our players, the coaching staff, old RW and everything Bills. Hope always springs eternal though and we start looking forward to the draft, always hoping things will get better. When you've sunk as low as we have, there is no way to look but up. There will always be naysayers, who keep harping about how we will never amount to anything, how the coaching sucks, player sucks, scheme sucks..whatever. They usually start around the time we start our losing streak and go on till OTAs. Suffice to say, the act wears thin. You are not the only one sick of losing. Most of the naysayers and doom 'n' gloomers quiet down by OTAs. Its a fresh start and we all want our Bills to succeed. We want to give them a chance because lets face it, crying about our failures is getting quite boring after 10 years.

I respect your opinion. I just think our feelings about the Bills tend to reflect a sine wave and right now most of us are high on optimism and are looking forward to the season. I think thats why you're facing a lot of flak. Most of what you've been saying has been said by countless other people for six months or so now. Most of us have got it out of our system.

Welcome to the board and I hope this season gives you something positive to talk about.

Very well said thanks. I am going to try to be positive.

P.S... Sorry no cliff notes.

I really could careless if I am liked or not. What really bothers me is how most of you don't respond to my concerns and issues regarding the Bills. I hear very few of you disagreeing with my points. Isn't this forum a place to discuss the Bills issues, strengths, weaknesses, opinions, possible solutions, the future, etc... I guess most fans just want to focus on the positives and not the negatives. This is understandable but IMO a swallow viewpoint. Glad I can give you guys a few laughs...

I really could careless if I am liked or not. What really bothers me is how most of you don't respond to my concerns and issues regarding the Bills. I hear very few of you disagreeing with my points. Isn't this forum a place to discuss the Bills issues, strengths, weaknesses, opinions, possible solutions, the future, etc... I guess most fans just want to focus on the positives and not the negatives. This is understandable but IMO a swallow viewpoint. Glad I can give you guys a few laughs...

You swallow?

So you start this thread under the premise of wanting to talk football and state your dismay that fans only want to talk about positive aspects of the team. Isn't the fact they they're countering your negative viewpoints with positive ones an indication that they've tried to discuss football with you. It seems you're just whininng because everyone doesn't share your viewpoint. And, somehow, they're the shallow ones?

I think you mean, you couldn't care less. Why do so many get this wrong?

With all do respect San Jose, I do not think this forum is appropriate for us to debate one another. This is a forum to discuss the Bills and like it or not that is what I intend to do. You can continue to "sling mud" and make incorrect statements/assessments. I will not respond to them.

Now, like talk about the Bills...Currently speaking:

(1) I am not happy with our offensive line. Don't like our LT( Meridith or Bell) and RT (Green). I think our center Hartgardner is average. I really like Levitre and a healthy Woods. Bottom line is a think teams will expose our tackle positions. Are you happy with the OL? I am disappointed that the Bills haven't addressed a LT position in either of the last 2 drafts. Wang is a project and I hope he works out...Stated this in prior post.

(2) I am not happy with our current QB situation. I don't think any of our 4 QBs are top 15 material. Are you happy with our current QB roster? Stated in prior post that I think the Bills "missed the boat" on not picking Clausen at 41. Received many responses from hopeful fans that Galiey can make one of our QB productive. I stated skepticism regarding this due to weak OL and weak WR personnel. Was this so out of line?

(3) I am not happy with our WR roster. LEE EVANS IS MY FAVORITE BILL and I think he is a stud. After that, I don't see much. Johnson unproven, Easley raw, Parrish I don't like, and Hardy appears lost having difficulty separating and learning routes (not to mention coming off a serious injury). Are you happy with the Bills WR core? Was this so out of line?

Stated poor OL, QB, and WR personnel doesn't equate to winning many games. Is that so out of line?

(4) I am fully anticipating Schobel is going to retire. IMO, he is our only bonafide pass rusher. Maybin is young raw and learning new position. As a result, I don't know how effective he will be. Are you happy with our pass rush? Stated in prior post wish the Bills would have picked Orakpo. Easy to say after the fact but on that draft day I wanted Oher badly or Orakpo. Time will tell on the Maybin pick. Previous post stated Maybin appears to be a bust. Too early to tell in hindsight . Not really a correct statement to make. I stand corrected.

(5) Are you confident the Bills can stop the run? This has been a nemesis of our for the past few years. Trope pick has addressed this situation. I have stated I was unhappy with this pick. I like the guys motor and attitude. However, I think the Bills could have gotten him much later (round 3,4 or 5). Cody and Thomas were also on the board. Time will tell. I have my doubts that this unit with a new scheme and unproven DC is going to be able to effectively stop the run...Stated in prior post I think Pery Fewell will be missed. (I do like the LB Davis we picked up from Denver)

(7) I really like the Bills secondary and special teams. I am glad Bruce D is back.

(8) Piror post indicated teams are likely to "stack the box," run blitz, and have thier DB/LB "squat" sit on short passes. Those forces the Bills to beat them with a intermediate/long passing game. I stated that I didn't think the Bills could be successful doing this because of a weak OL, QB, and WR. Not to mention the double teams Lee with have to endure. I am not a ciach and I don;t know what Gailey has in mind. I have yet to hear a fan tell me how they think the Bills can overcome and beat this defensive scheme...

(9) Every time I ask you to respond to comments like" what have you been saying about the Bills for the past several years? Have you been saying the same basic thing after every regime change? I never seem to get a response with the exception of being a TROLL.

Prior post predicted Bills would be 4-12. Is that so out of line?

Wondering if a Bills fan has a right to criticize his team and vent years of frustration?

Wondering why it is so "taboo"not to paint a rosey picture of the Bills?

Wondering why it is ok to post positive things but not ok to post negative things?

Wondering why negative post are seen as whinning?

Wondering if anyone has ever thought that some fans are sick of hearing fans "talk up the Bills" when the evidence is just not there?

These last 5 questions are rhetorical....(San Jose if you don't now what that means look it up or I will assist you) San Jose, thanks for passing me the ball. You just got dunked on. Game over. Be a man and respond by not attacking. Lets hear some valid counter points. I welcome everyone's feedback positive or negative.

Also, I just watched the NFL network and the Bills ranked 29th out of 32 teams. I am not surprised. Jaimie DUkes and Charles Davis pretty much "echoed" what I (and others here) have been saying on the forum. Are they so out of line with their comments?

I would like to hear what you guys think. I don't need to here about the other crap that has been going on...Lets talk football!

1. It's spelled Hangartner. It's not "Woods", the man's name is Eric Wood. Green is an average RT, so I don't know how much there is to "expose". I agree that Meredith is a question mark

2. It's spelled Gailey, not Galiey. Gailey made Tyler Thigpen successful, who is Miami's 3rd or 4th string QB.

3. Clearly you haven't been following OTAs or you would know that Marcus Easley looks very good. Roscoe Parrish looks good as well. James Hardy is currently the #2 and looks much better than last year.

4. You do stand corrected. Maybin is currently a starting OLB.

5. It's spelled Troupe (or Troup depending on where you go), not Trope. You state that you wanted Thomas or Cody. I can only assume you mean Cam Thomas who went in the 5th round. What evidence do you have that Troupe would have been there in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th? Mel Kiper? Mel thought Clausen was a top 5 pick, and he went in the 2nd round. Cody is a lazy piece of crap that will get to sit behind Ngata and Gregg in Baltimore, something he wouldn't have the luxury of doing in Buffalo.

6. You do realize that Gailey would have been Bill Cowher's OC/Assistant HC if he had decided to coach, right? Not to mention Scott Pioli wanted to make Gailey his HC, but he decided that he wasn't marketable enough to the fan base. I'm glad we didn't choose a head coach for his marketability. If you look at Gailey's track record, you will see that his offenses have always done well.

8. Blitzing is fairly easy to beat if a team does it constantly, especially for an offensive minded head coach. Blitzing leaves one or several players uncovered, and a smart QB can find that open receiver (it remains to be seen whether or not Trent can do that). I suggest you do some research on how the west coast offense beats blitzes, as we are probably going to use it or an offense similar to it. The west coast offense plays into Brohm's and Trent's strengths.

1. It's spelled Hangartner. It's not "Woods", the man's name is Eric Wood. Green is an average RT, so I don't know how much there is to "expose". I agree that Meredith is a question mark

2. It's spelled Gailey, not Galiey. Gailey made Tyler Thigpen successful, who is Miami's 3rd or 4th string QB.

3. Clearly you haven't been following OTAs or you would know that Marcus Easley looks very good. Roscoe Parrish looks good as well. James Hardy is currently the #2 and looks much better than last year.

4. You do stand corrected. Maybin is currently a starting OLB.

5. It's spelled Troupe (or Troup depending on where you go), not Trope. You state that you wanted Thomas or Cody. I can only assume you mean Cam Thomas who went in the 5th round. What evidence do you have that Troupe would have been there in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th? Mel Kiper? Mel thought Clausen was a top 5 pick, and he went in the 2nd round. Cody is a lazy piece of crap that will get to sit behind Ngata and Gregg in Baltimore, something he wouldn't have the luxury of doing in Buffalo.

6. You do realize that Gailey would have been Bill Cowher's OC/Assistant HC if he had decided to coach, right? Not to mention Scott Pioli wanted to make Gailey his HC, but he decided that he wasn't marketable enough to the fan base. I'm glad we didn't choose a head coach for his marketability. If you look at Gailey's track record, you will see that his offenses have always done well.

8. Blitzing is fairly easy to beat if a team does it constantly, especially for an offensive minded head coach. Blitzing leaves one or several players uncovered, and a smart QB can find that open receiver (it remains to be seen whether or not Trent can do that). I suggest you do some research on how the west coast offense beats blitzes, as we are probably going to use it or an offense similar to it. The west coast offense plays into Brohm's and Trent's strengths.

I don't agree with all of your points but I will say thanks for an intelligent response back. First off, spelling has nothing to do with the performance of the players. That's just a "cheap shot" that I have to take. No problem there, I deserve it. Secondly, I couldn't care less if Gailey had success with Thigpen because that doesn't equate success with our QB's. It remains to be seen if he can do that. I am skeptical but hopeful he can. Thirdly, OTA's are just OTA's. When it's "game time" we will see how they perform. To imply a player is going to be successful because of OTA's is simple insulting. Nice try though. As I recall, Maybin had a good OTA last year too. Parrish as a WR sucks IMO. Gailey's track record is marginal at best in my opinion. Just ask the GT fans. He had and average of about 7.5 wins per season which doesn't cut it in big time NCCA schools. Marginal success with the Cowboys. I will give you that he has been successful as an offensive coordinator. Who cares if Cowher or Peoli think highly of him. You implication that we are going to run the West coast offense is probably correct. However, to make a giant leap saying it will work for us is hopeful at best. I have siad it time and time again. Weak OL, Weak WR, and Weak QB usually equals poor results. I am sorry I don't think Chan is a GOD like you do.

That is my honest reply back.

I don't agree with all of your points but I will say thanks for an intelligent response back. First off, spelling has nothing to do with the performance of the players. That's just a "cheap shot" that I have to take. No problem there, I deserve it. Secondly, I could care less if Gailey had success with Thigpen because that doesn't equate success with our QB's. It remains to be seen if he can do that. I am skeptical but hopeful he can. Thirdly, OTA's are just OTA's. When it's "game time" we will see how they perform. To imply a player is going to be successful because of OTA's is simple insulting. Nice try though. As I recall, Maybin has a good OTA last year too. Parrish as a WR sucks IMO. Gailey's track record is marginal at best in my opinion. Just ask the GT fans. He had and average of about 7.5 wins per season which doesn't cut it in big time NCCA schools. Marginal success with the Cowboys. I will give you that he has been successful as an offensive coordinator. Who cares if Cowher or Peoli think highly of him. You implication that we are going to run the West coast offense is probably correct. However, to make a giant leap saying it will work for us is hopeful at best. I have siad it time and time again. Weak OL, Weak WR, and Weak QB usually equals poor results. I am sorry I don't think Chan is a GOD like you do.

That is my honest reply back.

COULDN'T

Guest dog14787
yes, and he doesn't want to debate San Jose but winds up throwing down the gauntlet in a bid to debate him.

San Jose: it's your move.

your first assignment is to define: Rhetorical. ... Go!

jw

<_<

We should be o.k. on Defense - so, our offense will probably determine how many games we win this year. My guess is that teams will play our run and blitz our QB, cover the screen and the short routes. So, Gailey will have to have an answer. We know this - so, Nix and Gailey must've known this in February. That is what puzzles me - they either are comfortable with getting pummeled, think our tackles will hold up enough to go the intermediate and long routes, or have some kind of strategy designed to deal with it. I'm hoping we can play better and operate like a normal offense (something we haven't seen here in about three years or more!), but, if we can't I'm hoping Gailey has some new system in mind to make us capable of scoring.