Lynch a NO SHOW

Sorry Marshawn, but you have ZERO leverage and you're not going to Jason Peters your way out of here. You wanna wither away on the bench for the next 3 years, your choice. We have ample replacements for you already on the roster. You wanna wise up and start helping this team, just maybe then you'll have enough value to get your wish outta town.

I have to ask... is anyone really surprised? he knows that if he does show up, the only thing he'll do is strengthen the notion that he's not very good, and then what options would he have?

This way, at least if he tries to "Peters" his way out of town, then teams who still think he has some value might get suckered into picking him up.

I personally hope we deal him very soon, I have had my fill of least mode.

The guy is getting paid millions of dollars to do something that alot of people would trade everything for and he can't even go about his way in a professional manner. It's not like he's put up Chris Johnson numbers and deserves another contract. He's been simply outworked by Fred Jackson and will quickly find himself behind Spiller as well. New coaches, new system, all the way around this does not make any sense on his part.

Why does everyone care? The fans and media in Buffalo have been running him out of town since last season, and now that he isn't in town, they are all complaining about him not being here, why? So they can run him out of town in person?

He's a RB, its not like the position is rocket science. Its either the ball is going to you and you are running right, left, or up the middle, OR you are going out to block

The guy is taking a big chance not being here cause if he doesn't look good on the field, everyone will continue to run him out of here for not being here now

I wouldn't care if they made Marshawn rot on the bench for the rest of his contract. Better still, make him mop the locker room.

PTR

+1 the mop playbook is much easier to understand and does not require camp

Marshawn by not showing up says alot about how he feels about the Team. Maybe he is not feeling Buffalo right now and maybe rightly so.

He could be thinking they don't need me right now. Drafting Spiller was maybe the nail in the coffin.

If he does not show up to the mandatory then we have to trade him.

Why does everyone care? The fans and media in Buffalo have been running him out of town since last season, and now that he isn't in town, they are all complaining about him not being here, why? So they can run him out of town in person?

He's a RB, its not like the position is rocket science. Its either the ball is going to you and you are running right, left, or up the middle, OR you are going out to block

The guy is taking a big chance not being here cause if he doesn't look good on the field, everyone will continue to run him out of here for not being here now

You must be required to sit in the front seat of that short bus with a helmet and seat belt on.

"Bills RB Marshawn Lynch is not in attendance at Thursday’s voluntary team workout."

Don't sweat it, Beast Mode will be ready...it is freakin' June...

This has nothing to do about him "being ready" this has everything to do with dedication to winning and pride of repairing his damaged reputation. Voluntary's are NOT voluntary for characters/players like Marshawn. He has everything to prove to Buffal and the fans about his dedication to the team the city and the fans.

All this is doing is proving to everyone that Marshawn is scum of the earth.

but I don't care what marshawn thinks or does anymore... He'll never be a great RB, he obviously is undedicated to that process.

"Bills RB Marshawn Lynch is not in attendance at Thursday’s voluntary team workout."

Don't sweat it, Beast Mode will be ready...it is freakin' June...

Agreed. He's a running back, for God's sake. Relax.

Agreed. He's a running back, for God's sake. Relax.

yeah running backs do not need to know the new playbook, blocking assingments, nor do they need to be a good teammate, and when you are an amazing pass catcher, running back and blocker as Marshawn- you are so good that you do not need to improve at all. Keep slacking off Marshawn- you are so awesome that you don't need practice

yeah running backs do not need to know the new playbook, blocking assingments, nor do they need to be a good teammate, and when you are an amazing pass catcher, running back and blocker as Marshawn- you are so good that you do not need to improve at all. Keep slacking off Marshawn- you are so awesome that you don't need practice

The post is sarcastic but really nutshells what this discussion has evolved into.

Many like myself, believe that Marshawn's regular season performance will be adversely affected by the time he's missing in OTAs, particularly because of the new offense, which all the players agree is being installed at breakneck speed. Remember F Jackson said Marshawn needed to be here and that T Edwards said the new offense was like speaking Spanish. These people have concerns about audibles, blitz pickups, sight adjustments, and all the nuances of having an expert and mistake-free offense.

Seemingly just as many people believe that missing these OTAs won't have a detrimental affect on Marshawn or the team. They argue that running back is the one position where the adverse affects of missing OTAs is greatly minimized or totally negligible and that Marshawn will be able to catch up on all the things he needs to be successful.

We could argue this forever.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...sans-lynch.html

That article adds a new twist to the situation:

Lynch gave two interviews in the past two weeks in which he said he'd be showing up with his teammates. He is in town and he has been lifting weights at the Bills facility. But he's not on the field yet.
Of course, the obvious question is WHY isn't he on the field if he's in town and working out?

My question is would Marshawn still not be here if we had NOT drafted Spiller. My gut tells me the answer is yes he would still be down at Applebees.

The CJ Spiller pick is looking smarter and smarter with each passing day.

I agree with you John, even though we have no way of knowing this.

All these bad things happened to Marshawn last year.

The Spiller pick was only the latest event in a long line of negative events for Lynch.

I think, like you, that regardless of the Spiller pick, that at the end of last season, Marshawn simply knew that he didn't want to play in Buffalo anymore.

I think, like you, that regardless of the Spiller pick, that at the end of last season, Marshawn simply knew that he didn't want to play in Buffalo anymore.

It seems to indicate that when he's not handed the position and has to *fight* for it. He's no interested. He'd rather go to a running back starved team that will anoint him. I'm good with suspending him continually each week so he can watch at home and not get paid.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but how come we're not ripping on Schobel? He's got as much to learn about the new system, if not more, as ML. And we desperately need a quality pass rusher going into the season. Its **** or get off the pot time Aaron.

I just think that the Peters scenario should not be played out again with Lynch......

We trade him if we get GOOD value....other then that he has a contract and needs to be to be here......I am not happy that he isn't with the team but it is voluntary.

I think this exactly what is playing out. Not a bad thing, IMO, considering the value we got for trading Peters.

The drama, yeah.. that part sucks..

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but how come we're not ripping on Schobel? He's got as much to learn about the new system, if not more, as ML. And we desperately need a quality pass rusher going into the season. Its **** or get off the pot time Aaron.

Is this a serious question?