Marshawn Lynch skips day 1 of OTA's

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...offseason-later

Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch recently proclaimed he was going to "showcase what I got" and "It's time for a change" when discussing his attitude toward getting ready for 2010.

But when the Bills convened here Tuesday for the start of voluntary workouts, Lynch declined to join them.

Lynch didn't promise to show up for the start of organized team activities in the article written by Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports. But Lynch missed a wonderful opportunity to bolster his words with actions by showing up and participating.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man people need to learn to read. In the article with Yahoo Sports Lynch said he would be here sometime this week. He never said today.

Lynch should be here but what you going to do.

BTW, i believe Lynch will be starting game one.

"But when the Bills convened here Tuesday for the start of voluntary workouts, Lynch declined to join them."

Why do people make such a big deal that players don't show up when they don't have to?

"But when the Bills convened here Tuesday for the start of voluntary workouts, Lynch declined to join them."

Why do people make such a big deal that players don't show up when they don't have to?

When's the last time Brett Favre went to mini-camp?

Yeah, because Marshawn is just like Brett Favre and due to his long and successful HOF career, Lynch has earned the same respect and leeway that Favre has. :lol:

I understand not wanting to work for free, but it was pretty dumb on Marshawn's part not to show considering his circumstances.

what circumstances? either he'll play with the Bills in a rotation or he'll get traded and maybe be the featured back- probably the worse thing that can happen to him is that he plays for the Bills and gets minimum carries- it was probably a mistake for the Bills not to take a 3rd round pick for him and grabbing Bruce Campbell.

I'm sure if Favre was ever demoted to third string after a terrible season and was entering a season with a brand new coaching staff he would be in attendance of every OTA.

Because, by his own words, if he really wanted to show his wares, and showcase himself for other teams, he'd show-up up.

I am very much with you on guys not showing up, especially if there are issues concerning future employment.

However, he was the one who said, "Just wait and see!!"

....Ooooookkkkk, Marshawn...where are you?

Skipping voluntary OTAs isn't the end of the world. I'm not surprised.

Fact is, Lynch mentally checked out of Buffalo some time ago. I'm guessing somewhere AFTER the 49th time but BEFORE the 50th time he was pulled over by various WNY police.

See ya, Marshawn. Go grow up on somebody else's nickle.

GO BILLS!!!

Because, by his own words, if he really wanted to show his wares, and showcase himself for other teams, he'd show-up up.

I am very much with you on guys not showing up, especially if there are issues concerning future employment.

However, he was the one who said, "Just wait and see!!"

....Ooooookkkkk, Marshawn...where are you?

He probably just couldn't catch a ride with someone and he's afraid to drive his own car because he'll get jacked by the man as soon as the garage door opens because its against his HOA's policy to have garage doors open during the daytime.

Lych said he would show up this week some time, not on day one. If he doesn't show at all it's his loss, his loss of possible playing time because he missed out on a chance to learn the new offense and possibly his loss of money down the road for the way he handles himself. Screws us because his attitude could potentially effect his trade value if we go that route.

When's the last time Favre had made his decision whether or not to play this early in the offseason? He's kept his team in the dark regarding his playing every year since about '01

There seems to be 2 opinions when it comes to Lynch:

1. Big deal, he's not at a voluntary minicamp. There are lots of players around the league who do not attend voluntary mini camps, I don't see why it's a big deal.

2. Lynch's numbers and play on the field last year were well below average. Another poor year and Lynch, a former high 1st round pick, can certainly be labeled a bust. With a new coaching staff and a chance to have a clean slate why the hell would Lynch not want to be there to give the new regime a good first impression of him?

I totally agree with #2. The guy was out of shape and looked terrible hitting the holes last year. In watching Lynch live last year, a handful of times, I actually thought he was a liability on the field. Indecisive hitting the hole, poor in pass blocking , and dropped way too many dump off passes. The guy is being paid millions and he sucked it up last year. Why not get your a** to Buffalo for 3 day (4.5 hours of team practice total) to set the tone that you're serious about making solid contributions this season.

I like the fact that NIX set the precedent this offseason that just because a player is unhappy in Buffalo does not mean we will trade them away for less than what they are worth. Why reward a player for basically being a malcontent and not showing up to a job that pays you millions with 100% effort everyday? I don't care if it's voluntary or not, Lynch is showing the new regime exactly what we all already know. He's not 100% dedicated to improving the Buffalo Bills. The difference between guys like Lynch and Freddy J is like night and day.