Marshawn Lynch skips day 1 of OTA's

When's the last time Favre had made his decision whether or not to play this early in the offseason? He's kept his team in the dark regarding his playing every year since about '01

And when has that hurt his performance. Lets see he walks in off the street with the Vikings and puts up the best numbers of his career. Bottom line, favre can wait till the first regular season game if he wants, he has EARNED it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, because Marshawn is just like Brett Favre and due to his long and successful HOF career, Lynch has earned the same respect and leeway that Favre has. :lol:

There is no leeway needed. It's voluntary. When he misses something mandatory then go ahead and complain.

I understand not wanting to work for free, but it was pretty dumb on Marshawn's part not to show considering his circumstances.

Marshwn is lost, I hope he finds his way. He is only 24 he is a lost young man with a potential for football. I just hope he finds his potential sooner than never.

douche. He was talking about attending. Saying and doing are two different things. The guy is a thug

Why would someone talk and give an interview about changing ways, and then NOT take the opportunity

to do so?

Marshawn isn't bright, but that just doesn't make any sense? Maybe he is high.

I'm sure if Favre was ever demoted to third string after a terrible season and was entering a season with a brand new coaching staff he would be in attendance of every OTA.

Actually, he'd probably retire.

:lol: Because Lynch is a ghetto thug, raised on ghetto-Rap values. He can’t even comprehend that he is doing anything wrong, or why anyone can be upset with him….Stop wasting time trying to teach a pig to sing...let's move on.

I understand not wanting to work for free, but it was pretty dumb on Marshawn's part not to show considering his circumstances.

Who cares Lynch is headed for number 3 on the depth chart anyway.

1. How many of you guys would go to your job if the boss told you it was voluntary?

2. Why do Lynch's 1st 2 seasons of work get ignored in favor of his 3rd?

Because it helps to prove the point that he's a lazy, no talent, bust.. thug, if we only talk about his bad year and the problems he's had.

If you talk about his 2-1,000 yard seasons or any of his charity work in Oakland, I get confused. Then I don't know what to think.

1. How many of you guys would go to your job if the boss told you it was voluntary?

Because people on this board are holier than thou. They think their s--t doesn't stink. "Thug this, thug that." Sounds like some grumpy old folks.

I'm sure if Favre was ever demoted to third string after a terrible season and was entering a season with a brand new coaching staff he would be in attendance of every OTA.

No he'd hold a press conference, retire, cry about it. Everyone would talk about Favre retiring than he'd decide he wants to play again. He'd go sign with some other team who's a borderline superbowl contender. Than he'd make it to the conference championship, where he would throw a late game killing interception, leaving everyone to wonder if he's gonna retire or not. Wash....Rinse....Repeat

I sure as hell would if that was my brand new boss and just months earlier I had missed a month of work because of personal baggage. I think the fact that only two veterans didn't attend (Lynch and Schobel) tells you just how "voluntary" these activities are.

1. Not applicable. The question should be "if I got paid millions, stole $20 from a cops wife, ran over a girl in a hit and run, got arrested for some other stuff, and then said I was going to attend voluntary camp, would I attend?" Big difference. And if I was a law abiding NFL player, I most definitely would attend volunteer camp.

2. I have not been that impressed with Lynch on the field. Fred Jackson is the much better player IMO. And we got Spiller

Because people on this board are holier than thou. They think their s--t doesn't stink. "Thug this, thug that." Sounds like some grumpy old folks.

nice post.

all i hear is lynch is a thug. lynch is a thugh. BORING!

you wont say that if he scores the winning td over the pats.

damn i hate the patriots.

1. Not applicable. The question should be "if I got paid millions, stole $20 from a cops wife, ran over a girl in a hit and run, got arrested for some other stuff, and then said I was going to attend voluntary camp, would I attend?" Big difference. And if I was a law abiding NFL player, I most definitely would attend volunteer camp.

2. I have not been that impressed with Lynch on the field. Fred Jackson is the much better player IMO. And we got Spiller

i still dont agree with you here.

even if WE FEEL, HE NEEDS to be here because he has to "make up" or "prove something." he still has mandatory practices to show that. this is plain fact!

based on this statement every nfl player that has ever skipped VOLUNTARY practices is not a law abiding nfl player???

WHAT

The only thing that makes OTAs "voluntary" is that you can't be fined if you don't show up. In reality, players are expected to attend. Everyone else is there. Lynch has no reason not to attend except to "send a message to the team". Unfortunately, that message is that he's not committed to learning the new system, improving or re-establishing himself as a top Buffalo Bill.