Trent Edwards calls Jim Kelly Naive

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously a Stanford education isn't definitely obviously what it used to be obviously. California quarterbacks have obviously not done as well as obviously other QBs have in Buffalo definitely. Kelly is a Bills fan so obviously Trent is a little bit naive in his biased retort since he is not a Bills fan obviously.

Unfortunately Trent says some things that obviously aren't the best things to say from an English language point of view definitely. It definitely obviously speaks volumes about Stanford's policies towards obvioulsy graduating football players who are biased towards where they grew up in.

Obviously. :worthy:

There are a lot of reasons why this franchise is a joke right now, but at the top of my list is the influence the former players seem to have. Why are Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas introducing Buddy Nix at his introduction press conference? Did Terry Bradshaw and Lynn Swann come out and introduce Tomlin when he was hired in Pittsburgh?

No.

Why is Kelly ALWAYS on the sidelines everytime the Bills play on Monday Night Football? Go sit in the owners box.

I love what they did for the Bills when they played, but since they have retired, I see a bunch of ego maniacs who don't know how to handle not being in the spotlight anymore.

I don't like Trent Edwards, but sticking up for himself vs Jim Kelly is one thing I will support him on.

Kelly will be part OWNER of this team when Ralph kicks the bucket thats why. Its only a matter of time. If he isn't well then you may as well kiss the team goodbye. Get used to seeing Jimbo around...Ralph's time is limited as we all know.

Grow some thicker skin, Trent. What Kelly said was spot-on: he's had 3 years and shown little. Gailey said it's an open QB competition (although more than a few think that Edwards will be favored), so it's time to put up or shut up.

As for the California QB comment, it was a half-joke, since the Bills have had bad experiences with RJ, JP, and now Trent, and they all hail from California.

You know Kelly is going to call it how he sees it.

You know Kelly basically recanted the California statement a couple days later, right?

It wasn't a naive statement by Kelly it was a stupid statement.

No, I am not a fan of Trent Edwards.

You know Kelly basically recanted the California statement a couple days later, right?

It wasn't a naive statement by Kelly it was a stupid statement.

No, I am not a fan of Trent Edwards.

You are correct--he retracted because someone (his wife maybe?) pointed out the obvious stupidity of his California QB statement.

Much ado about nothing. Kelly has never had much of a filter, and good for TE that he isn't afraid to speak his mind.

I'm actually rooting for TE. I don't think any of us truly understand how dysfunctional an offensive coaching staff the Bills have had in place the last several years.

Absolutely dead on.

If Trent doesn't like the criticism, he should try putting on his big boy pants and doing something to prove the critics wrong. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though. But perhaps one day those testicles will descend.

TE handled it well. JI\imbo's comments were a bit over the top, but that's Jim. TE responded with respect to Kelly but made his point. Nothing wrong with what he said. I'd like it too if he went out and lit up the offiense and this is his last shot at it. But any fair minded individual would have to say the circus that was last year's OC mess and OL disaster doesn't lend itself to boosting a shaky confidence. So ultimately, Trent does have to put up - but he shouldn't have to shut up when someone says something like Kelly said. let's hope TE reflects his coach and get tough and not reflect DJ anymore.

You make an excellent point that this is going to be TE's last chance to show that he is a NFL caliber qb. Last year it was unfair for him or any other qb to play in such a dysfunctional system. I also might add that the OL, especially at LT and depth, still need to be upgraded. The bottom line is that TE, Fitz and Brohm are going to be competing with one another to win the starting job. Will any of them be our long term franchise qb? Probably not. But for the short term let one of them earn their way onto the starting lineup. That is how it should be.

In the part you quoted, he said definitely once and obviously once. Nice try though.

Obviously you have only read one article quoting Trent or seen him speak only once obviously. He definitely says obviously and definitely quite a lot obviously. He went to Stanford and cannot form a sentence obviously.

Personally, I don't think Kelly's California comment was correct. Trent has yet to form a valid opinion obviously because he definitely didn't even understand obviously the point Kelly was trying to make obviously. Kelly correctly or incorrectly implied that warm weather QBs could not adapt to Buffalo. Trent took it to mean Kelly saying obviously Californians are jerks or something obviously or can't make it definitely anywhere in the NFL obviously. That is why he defended his home with this gem:

I'm very biased towards where I grew up in.....

Obviously.

You make an excellent point that this is going to be TE's last chance to show that he is a NFL caliber qb. Last year it was unfair for him or any other qb to play in such a dysfunctional system. I also might add that the OL, especially at LT and depth, still need to be upgraded. The bottom line is that TE, Fitz and Brohm are going to be competing with one another to win the starting job. Will any of them be our long term franchise qb? Probably not. But for the short term let one of them earn their way onto the starting lineup. That is how it should be.

That logic is getting dangerously close to the "Losman is technically a rookie in his third season" argument. Trent has to prove that he has a sack or hit the road.

If Trent doesn't like the criticism, he should try putting on his big boy pants and doing something to prove the critics wrong. I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen though. But perhaps one day those testicles will descend.

Yeah, it's not good for Trent, it's just like everything else Trent does. Meh. I have long been an apologist for QB play in Buffalo because I don't think the organization understands the value of OL and TE play, but Trent handled adversity last season by just tuning out. Like "Oh well, I didn't care that much anyway". Yeah, he has a mediocre arm and a fragile body, but his lack of fight is what really stands out to me. I really couldn't care any less about his offseason confidence level.

Jim's superbowl rings allow him to say anything he wants. Oh wait.

and Trent's SB appearances, err.. playoff appearances ... well, he should just shut up and throw a ball more than 20 feet.

Kelly learned the game in PA where the elements can mess with finesse. We need another guy who can do that.