Trent Edwards calls Jim Kelly Naive

Great. We'll make you the leader of the Council of Trent.

friggin apologists

probably think flutie walks on water too don't you

Considering Flutie is the last QB to take us to the playoffs (not once but twice) maybe we need to give him the rest he deserves. The Curse of Flutie is very real my friends.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Kelly can say what he feels. Trent Edwards can say what he feels too, but he hasn't done anything yet to prove Jim Kelly wrong. I'm glad to see TE stand up for himself. But I think everyone said what needed to be said. TE needs to prove his worth on the field, not by getting into a war of words with a HALL OF FAME QB.

The only problem with your view, it isn't just Edwards that Kelly's remark is about. There have been several quarterbacks from California who have done well (remember the 3rd and 4th Superbowl losses? Aikman is from California), and Kelly's statement was a slam at any quarterback from that state, not just Edwards or Lossman.

Considering Flutie is the last QB to take us to the playoffs (not once but twice) maybe we need to give him the rest he deserves. The Curse of Flutie is very real my friends.

What Flutie curse? Teams Flutie have been on have eventual won Super Bowls (see St Louis), made Super Bowls and lost (see Chicago Bears) and been solid playoff teams (see San Diego and New England). The only "curse" Buffalo has is Ralph Wilson as owner. I'll give Wilson credit for being a solid businessman but he's a really bad NFL owner in terms of evaluating player evaluators/coaches/players.

What Flutie curse? Teams Flutie have been on have eventual won Super Bowls (see St Louis), made Super Bowls and lost (see Chicago Bears) and been solid playoff teams (see San Diego and New England). The only "curse" Buffalo has is Ralph Wilson as owner. I'll give Wilson credit for being a solid businessman but he's a really bad NFL owner in terms of evaluating player evaluators/coaches/players.

But the Bills were the team that benched their starter (Flutie) who got them into the playoffs b/c some perennial loser looked good in ONE game against a sorry defense's backups. That's why the Bills have the Flutie curse, and why they've sucked ever since he left town.

Also why fat boy Phillips will never win the SB.

I like that people call for a Jimbo mentality and Trent's comments would be exactly that mentality.

Not.

Even.

Close.

Kelly hated losing. If stepping on toes and hurting people's feelings is what it took to win, then so be it.

And from the multiple closed door players only meetings during the SB years, I want to assume he was not the only one.

Compare that with the past 4 years under douche bag Jauron. No heart, no passion, and no real desire to hold each other accountable.

Great. We'll make you the leader of the Council of Trent.

friggin apologists

probably think flutie walks on water too don't you

No, I'll pass on Trent as a QB. I guess you didn't read the disclaimer. Reading is fundamental.

I was pointing out that people call on the guy to be more of an '!@#$' like Kelly was and then he does something that would fall in line with that and they criticize him for it.

It seems we have many fans who are more interested in their opinions being validated than winning.

But the Bills were the team that benched their starter (Flutie) who got them into the playoffs b/c some perennial loser looked good in ONE game against a sorry defense's backups. That's why the Bills have the Flutie curse, and why they've sucked ever since he left town.

Ironically, Flutie "won" the starting QB position for the Bears playoff game back in '86 because he looked good in ONE game (the last game of the season).

Karma can be a B word.

Ironically, Flutie "won" the starting QB position for the Bears playoff game back in '86 because he looked good in ONE game (the last game of the season).

Karma can be a B word.

and the Bears went onto lose that playoff game that Flutie started in 1986 to a California QB named Jay Schroeder.

The only problem with your view, it isn't just Edwards that Kelly's remark is about. There have been several quarterbacks from California who have done well (remember the 3rd and 4th Superbowl losses? Aikman is from California), and Kelly's statement was a slam at any quarterback from that state, not just Edwards or Lossman.

I think Jimbo was referring to the Bills success from what I understand, as was I. There are a lot of great QBs from California. Unfortunately that hasn't worked out for the Bills organization. Lets hope Gailey can get 'er done with Edwards 0:)

Kelly hated losing. If stepping on toes and hurting people's feelings is what it took to win, then so be it.

And from the multiple closed door players only meetings during the SB years, I want to assume he was not the only one.

So would not going out and partying and keeping your teammates focused during the Superbowl week be part of 'doing what it takes to win'?

I think Jimbo was referring to the Bills success from what I understand, as was I. There are a lot of great QBs from California. Unfortunately that hasn't worked out for the Bills organization. Lets hope Gailey can get 'er done with Edwards 0:)

Holy Crap, Mattsox.

Is your avatar what I think it is?

And if so, where'd you get it?

Not.

Even.

Close.

Compare that with the past 4 years under douche bag Jauron. No heart, no passion, and no real desire to hold each other accountable.

Why do people feel the need to insult people they don't know? I'll be honest: I had several conversations with Jauron and he is one of the classiet people I have ever met. That's why I rooted so hard for him to succeed. He treats everyone with respect and wouldn't spend his time calling people douche bags on the internet. But I'm sure your resume is on par with Jauron's. :w00t:

The Bills didn't get the job done under Jauron and he deserved to be fired. But he accomplished more than 90% of the people in the world. He was nothing but respectful when he was here. It is beyond pathetic that some people have so little going on in their lives they have to insult people because their favorite football team didn't win enough games. But stay classy. 0:)

Why do people feel the need to insult people they don't know? I'll be honest: I had several conversations with Jauron and he is one of the classiet people I have ever met. That's why I rooted so hard for him to succeed. He treats everyone with respect and wouldn't spend his time calling people douche bags on the internet. But I'm sure your resume is on par with Jauron's. :w00t:

The Bills didn't get the job done under Jauron and he deserved to be fired. But he accomplished more than 90% of the people in the world. He was nothing but respectful when he was here. It is beyond pathetic that some people have so little going on in their lives they have to insult people because their favorite football team didn't win enough games. But stay classy. 0:)

Good post...

N, actually you just made it up now. What is real is the fact that our defense could have taken us to the playoffs with me playing QB that year. Flutie was a joke and so was his whining about Jimmie Johnson stomping on his son......

N, actually you just made it up now. What is real is the fact that our defense could have taken us to the playoffs with me playing QB that year. Flutie was a joke and so was his whining about Jimmie Johnson stomping on his son......

Actually, unlike you, here are the facts. Our offense finished 7th in points and 6th in yards in 1998 and 16th in points and 11th in yards the next season. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/ Obviously given our powerhouse offenses of the last decade, those Flutie led offense really sucked. 0:)

I think by Trent saying he wasn't a fan he was simply trying to find a way out of fully answering the question,not exactly the fire you want in your franchise guy so excuse me but I think he is only reinforcing the laid Cali style and having an emotionless drone as a coach didn't help

He loved his only son, unconditionally. Give the man a pass here. it has to be quite a burden

WOW! This is by far the craziest reeason I have ever heard for giving anyone a pass......1st off, ANYONE is entitled to their own opinion, ignorant or educated. But to look for a reason because someone loved their child "unconditionally" because they have a horrible disease?????......any father loves their child regardless of how their child's health is.....UNCONDITIONALLY????....as a parent and a human being, I am dumbfounded by this comment....really!!!