Trent Edwards calls Jim Kelly Naive

:wallbash:

Ivy League grad with honors, one of his college conferences and state's greatest players ever, NFL pro bowler, Coach of the Year, and millionaire. If that's failing, I'd love to fail like that.

No worries. We'll all remember you for your paycheck and not the nonsense you post.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's ridiculous is to pretend Edwards is anything the biggest difference isn't era's or teams or continuity one can play one can't. When you don't preform at the quarterback position they make changes

the coaching staff feels the guy can play. they are giving him a chance with a new system. you think they are gonna cut the guy without giving him a chance? that's what I am doing is giving him a chance. when we went undeafeted to start the season, before the cardinals game, no one was saying "Trent Edwards can't play". There is something there. Why would they give him a chance if they didn't feel he could play? the new regime wants to lose? that doesn't make any sense. No one is "pretending" anything.

ByT,

Not to stir up your ire partner, or anyone elses for that matter, but I was only commenting on a small part of that quote. I'm not computer smart, so here goes. It was the part: "But off the field I have seen little sign of intelligence" I have never met Kelly personally, but I responded to the quote because I "HAD" a best friend (my shortstop in college) who had it all. The grades, the girl, the athletism, the promising future; Until he had to bury his infant son. That was in the seventies. He will never recover and to this day he hates every living thing. His former wife and daughter have long since moved on. And I commented because burying a child, like the Kelly's had to do (and many others unfortunately) affects some peoples every moral fiber, including their own intelligence. You actually have to see it to believe it.

And not all parents love their children, disease or no disease. If that were untrue why would Child Protective Services be such a secure form of employment in this country. All the prisons across our great nation are filled with former parents who have tortured, mutilated, and killed their own children. Some of these children were dis-membered and even partially consumed. That's not love.

A fellow co-worker has a 25 year old son that has been hospitalised for about 23 years. He has not visted his son in 21 years. That is not love under any condition !

I used to work in a hospital like St. Judes. and there are children hospitalised there who have never had a visit from their

parents and probably never will. That's not love either. And not that I care, but women young and old have abortions by the hundreds. Foster homes, abandoned infants and children. That's not love. These are not opinions, educated or ignorant. They are documented facts that can be researched; But you're going to be crying, or mad as hell when you're done researching.

Some day ByT we'll have to get together for a beer or two. You can give me the recipe for that kool-aid you've got, because I would sure love to forget some of the **** I've seen. And as always, God speed.

Lou....i'd be totally down for beers!!! I think you misunderstood what I said. True about not all parents loving their children unconditionally.....but I am not going to praise the one's that do, b/c I expect them to do that. Like Chris rock said about "brothers" saying "I take care of my kids"........"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO!!!" :wallbash:

No worries. We'll all remember you for your paycheck and not the nonsense you post.

You are so right.

We should all be judged by W/L records. Not just as a coach, but as a person. Who gives a crap if you help people develop, treat them with respect, give generously, take time out for anyone who needs it, treat everyone well and do it all in a humble way?

That crap is for losers. Losers that are 7-9. 7-9 makes you a loser in the standings and in life.

Give me a guy who goes 10-6 and treats people like dirt, cheats, makes concussed players practice, and does whatever it takes to win. Wins = winner. Losses = loser.

:wallbash:

Ivy League grad with honors, one of his college conferences and state's greatest players ever, NFL pro bowler, Coach of the Year, and millionaire. If that's failing, I'd love to fail like that.

It's too bad that he was an NFL head coach, otherwise his lack of intelligence would have never been exposed.

You are so right.

We should all be judged by W/L records. Not just as a coach, but as a person. Who gives a crap if you help people develop, treat them with respect, give generously, take time out for anyone who needs it, treat everyone well and do it all in a humble way?

That crap is for losers. Losers that are 7-9. 7-9 makes you a loser in the standings and in life.

Give me a guy who goes 10-6 and treats people like dirt, cheats, makes concussed players practice, and does whatever it takes to win. Wins = winner. Losses = loser.

"Perhaps one day UNICEF will get an NFL team......."

"Perhaps one day UNICEF will get an NFL team......."

You're right too. I get your sarcasm.

Thanks for seeing things like they are. Football coaches that have losing records are totally worthless as humans and should be called out as such.

I mean football is VERY important. Just think of all the immature fans who tie their own sense of self worth to the record of a football team. That is why Jauron is a loser, not just as a coach but as a person. I mean outside of coaching he may be a very upstanding guy who gives a lot to his community and treats people well, but does that really matter when he ruins the Sundays of people who have lost all perspective? I say no. Jauron and Unicef are losers, not just at football but at life.

That is a good example of why we should get winners like Ben Roethlisberger in here. Winner at football; winner at life. It is the same thing. In the offseason he can corner and abuse chicks galore. Nothing stops him from being a winner.

You are so right.

Ah, not that you are ever serious about anything, but I never said Dick Jauron wasn't a nice person. Nice people are not always successful in every endeavor they undertake. Dick Jauron was a failure as an NFL head coach. It's really not that hard to understand. One has to actually go out of their way to conflate the concepts.

It's too bad that he was an NFL head coach, otherwise his lack of intelligence would have never been exposed.

It's too bad this board records your past posts or else people could have forget you stating that JP Losman was a better QB prospect than Aaron Rodgers. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to call out others or people will call you out.

Ah, not that you are ever serious about anything, but I never said Dick Jauron wasn't a nice person. Nice people are not always successful in every endeavor they undertake. Dick Jauron was a failure as an NFL head coach. It's really not that hard to understand. One has to actually go out of their way to conflate the concepts.

People love to overstate things. As sad as it is, Jauron may have been the most consistent coach for this team in the last decade. At the very worst, he was still better than Greggo. Check the stats if you disagree.

He deserved to get get fired but still the man is 99.9% successful than posters on this site. It's not a shot, but it's the truth. I'm sure a lot of people who love to bash Jauron suck at their jobs. It's just that most people don't care about their jobs.

Kelly's comment is right on. What has a California QB done for the Bills besides screw up?

Edwards best shut the f**k up and prove he can play or he'll prove Jimbo 100% correct. OOPS...he already has.

Kind of sad that otherwise committed Bills fans don't seem to know the team's history. The first great Bills team, and based on winning the championship two years running, likely the best team in that history, had TWO California QBs in Jack Kemp and Darryl LaMonica. And wasn't it just a few weeks ago that soooo many fans were begging the Bills to draft Jimmy Clausen?

BTW, two of the three other teams in the AFCE are starting Cali QBs this year.

Kind of sad that otherwise committed Bills fans don't seem to know the team's history. The first great Bills team, and based on winning the championship two years running, likely the best team in that history, had TWO California QBs in Jack Kemp and Darryl LaMonica. And wasn't it just a few weeks ago that soooo many fans were begging the Bills to draft Jimmy Clausen?

BTW, two of the three other teams in the AFCE are starting Cali QBs this year.

and Jim Kelly played in Miami and Houston before Buffalo.....

But dont you get it, its cold up here and they are from Cali so....... and TVs in the weight mean you wont work hard even though super bowl champs have them in their weight rooms..........

His lack of intelligence for what- accepting a job in a "city" like Buffalo? Maybe he should have been as smart as Cowher, Shannahan and Kubiak and not have considered such a dump with that type of fan base.

The Bills' problems over the past decade hasn't been coaching- their record isn't because of Wade Phillips, Greg Williams, Mike Mularkey or Dick Jauron. Despite all of the problems tearing the organization apart, those people over achieved. Win loss record is only attributed to a coach by people who don't have a clue- the organization as a whole wins or loses. Wins and losses can occur due to a bad bounce of the ball- like our home loss to Denver 2-3 years ago.

As far as talent level, we took a total bum like Roscoe Parrish in the second round. We busted on a first-round RB a few years ago, we busted on a very high pick in LT Mike Williams. Our drafts over the past decade have been abominations, as have our free agent pick ups. The offensive and defensive lines have degenerated into garbage over the last 10-12 years to the point where some stooges think that Aaron Schobel is a blue chip player.

Bad talent aquisition and listening to the fans have doomed the Bills to mediocrity over the last decade, not bad coaching. It takes intelligence to see that. Jauron and Mularkey saw that, and thats why they walked.

People love to overstate things. As sad as it is, Jauron may have been the most consistent coach for this team in the last decade. At the very worst, he was still better than Greggo. Check the stats if you disagree.

He deserved to get get fired but still the man is 99.9% successful than posters on this site. It's not a shot, but it's the truth. I'm sure a lot of people who love to bash Jauron suck at their jobs. It's just that most people don't care about their jobs.

Jauron was beyond awful. He could not have won with the Steel Curtain. In fact, he would have made Joe Green drop back and cover tight ends. That was the absolute worst brand of football I have ever seen in more than 40 years of watching this game.

Nice man? It would certainly appear so. This isn't what Badol is talking about, and I suspect you know this.

Bad talent aquisition and listening to the fans have doomed the Bills to mediocrity over the last decade, not bad coaching. It takes intelligence to see that. Jauron and Mularkey saw that, and thats why they walked.

Not even the worst franchises in the league listen to the fans. Some organizations may be grossly incompetent but they are not insane.

Mularkey did leave (got a buy out) because he felt that it would be impossible to win in such a shabby organization. Jauron left because he was fired. No one will deny that Jauron is a decent and classy individual. But as a HC he struggled.

Not even the worst franchises in the league listen to the fans. Some organizations may be grossly incompetent but they are not insane.

Mularkey did leave (got a buy out) because he felt that it would be impossible to win in such a shabby organization. Jauron left because he was fired. No one will deny that Jauron is a decent and classy individual. But as a HC he struggled.

Vince Lombardi would have struggled with that roster but Jauron was bad/

Vince Lombardi would have struggled with that roster but Jauron was bad/

But Jauron had a say in acquiring those players.

Yeah, Vince would have struggled with that roster, but IMO, he would not build such a roster to begin with.

It's too bad this board records your past posts or else people could have forget you stating that JP Losman was a better QB prospect than Aaron Rodgers. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to call out others or people will call you out.

So are you saying that Belichick would have failed just like Jauron, given the same circumstances?

The point you just can't grasp is that intelligence is what separates good NFL head coaches from Jauron. They can see things that don't work and then make changes that improve the situation. They understand what they are looking at. That's why a guy like Belichick can fail at his first HC job, then come back strong, while Jauron just keeps making the same types of mistakes over and over.

Ivy league educations are great on your resume. They might even get you a couple cracks at NFL head coaching jobs. But they don't mean you can get the job done. Experience should bring perspective and insight. But it didn't for Jauron.

He never understood what it took to put together a winning program at the NFL level. Almost every game he did win was against a bad team by playing conservatively and hoping for the opponent to take a chance and make a mistake. The football equivalent of hedging a bet.

He didn't have a clue how to advance beyond that. When it became clear he had to try something outside of his comfort zone, he bestowed upon us his version of the no-huddle offense. Not knowing if he had the personnel or coaching to make it succeed. The guy was in way over his head.

For some reason, you can't grasp this. Perhaps you have the same problem. Think about it. Is everyone else REALLY wrong about Jauron? Admit it, you still think he is a good HC.