Trent Edwards calls Jim Kelly Naive

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N, actually you just made it up now. What is real is the fact that our defense could have taken us to the playoffs with me playing QB that year. Flutie was a joke and so was his whining about Jimmie Johnson stomping on his son......

I'd refute your assessment, but my father taught me that it is futile to argue with a fool b/c some people won't be able to tell which is which.

The only problem with your view, it isn't just Edwards that Kelly's remark is about. There have been several quarterbacks from California who have done well (remember the 3rd and 4th Superbowl losses? Aikman is from California), and Kelly's statement was a slam at any quarterback from that state, not just Edwards or Lossman.

Gee, a universal slam against every Californian? And I thought it was more of a joke with a little barb against the laid-back surfer dude 'tude that several recent Bills QBs have had. And frankly, with Russ Brandon and Dick Jauron being the off-field leadership, who seriously thought that Trent Edwards could continue to sit on the end of the bench alone reading the latest People magazine updates on Dakota Fanning and this team would be successful? Do players rally around the blocking sled?

WOW! This is by far the craziest reeason I have ever heard for giving anyone a pass......1st off, ANYONE is entitled to their own opinion, ignorant or educated. But to look for a reason because someone loved their child "unconditionally" because they have a horrible disease?????......any father loves their child regardless of how their child's health is.....UNCONDITIONALLY????....as a parent and a human being, I am dumbfounded by this comment....really!!!

ByT,

Not to stir up your ire partner, or anyone elses for that matter, but I was only commenting on a small part of that quote. I'm not computer smart, so here goes. It was the part: "But off the field I have seen little sign of intelligence" I have never met Kelly personally, but I responded to the quote because I "HAD" a best friend (my shortstop in college) who had it all. The grades, the girl, the athletism, the promising future; Until he had to bury his infant son. That was in the seventies. He will never recover and to this day he hates every living thing. His former wife and daughter have long since moved on. And I commented because burying a child, like the Kelly's had to do (and many others unfortunately) affects some peoples every moral fiber, including their own intelligence. You actually have to see it to believe it.

And not all parents love their children, disease or no disease. If that were untrue why would Child Protective Services be such a secure form of employment in this country. All the prisons across our great nation are filled with former parents who have tortured, mutilated, and killed their own children. Some of these children were dis-membered and even partially consumed. That's not love.

A fellow co-worker has a 25 year old son that has been hospitalised for about 23 years. He has not visted his son in 21 years. That is not love under any condition !

I used to work in a hospital like St. Judes. and there are children hospitalised there who have never had a visit from their

parents and probably never will. That's not love either. And not that I care, but women young and old have abortions by the hundreds. Foster homes, abandoned infants and children. That's not love. These are not opinions, educated or ignorant. They are documented facts that can be researched; But you're going to be crying, or mad as hell when you're done researching.

Some day ByT we'll have to get together for a beer or two. You can give me the recipe for that kool-aid you've got, because I would sure love to forget some of the **** I've seen. And as always, God speed.

Your holier than thou passive aggressiveness has reached new heights.

You remind of the type of person that will run around an office leaving sticky notes in attempt to shame others,

and correct the "wrongs" of the workplace, even when the situation does not even concern you or has no bearing on you.

Kind of like 'Joe' complaining about people taking the last cup of coffee and not making a new pot when 'Joe' doesn't even drink coffee.

Why do people feel the need to insult people they don't know?

Good question to ask yourself while looking in the mirror. What kind of response did you get?

I'll be honest: I had several conversations with Jauron and he is one of the classiet people I have ever met. That's why I rooted so hard for him to succeed. He treats everyone with respect and wouldn't spend his time calling people douche bags on the internet.

So what? I know people that will give you the shirt of their back, their last one, if it helped you more than than it helped them.

But I'm sure your resume is on par with Jauron's. :D

There it is. The trademark C.Biscuit97 "Ultimate insult". How does one respond ...

You are right. My resume does not compare to Jauron's. I looked real hard, but I do not have a "Failed at" section on mine.

The Bills didn't get the job done under Jauron and he deserved to be fired. But he accomplished more than 90% of the people in the world.

Depends on what he was trying to accomplish, doesn't it?

Being an NFL head coach? Yep, he's part of the select few.

Being a successful NFL head coach? Nope, he's part of the majority.

He was nothing but respectful when he was here. It is beyond pathetic that some people have so little going on in their lives they have to insult people because their favorite football team didn't win enough games.

I got to admit, that one is rich. Were you looking in the mirror when you said that statement?

Let me guess. I took the last cup of coffee again?

But stay classy. :thumbsup:

Back at ya, Sparky! :w00t:

Guest dog14787

Despite the open competition at the QB position Trent Edwards seems to have regained his confidence to a degree and is also making an attempt to become more vocal on and off the field. Seeing Marcus Easley break free and snag what would have been a TD in the Bills first OTA was a glimpse of things to come in my opinion and the TE/ Easley connection is going to be a great one.

Its no secret that TE has been following the foot steps of Drew Brees closely over the last few years and although aspects of their game bare very little similarity up to this point, Trent Edwards is a championship caliber QB in the makings in my opinion and great things are on the horizon for our Buffalo Bill football team.

Mary is on a mission...

Kelly's comment is right on. What has a California QB done for the Bills besides screw up?

Edwards best shut the f**k up and prove he can play or he'll prove Jimbo 100% correct. OOPS...he already has.

Kelly took the Bills to what...5 or 6 EasternDivision Titles, 4 AFC wins and 4 (damn it) super bowl games (still gives one a reason to watch). Edwards has done nothing but maintain a losing record as rthe Bills faltered to 7-9 seasons.

And the Bills had a chance for Clauson or Tebow....

Look for another losing season of frustrating play....then a move to Toronto.

Guest dog14787
Kelly's comment is right on. What has a California QB done for the Bills besides screw up?

Edwards best shut the f**k up and prove he can play or he'll prove Jimbo 100% correct. OOPS...he already has.

Kelly took the Bills to what...5 or 6 EasternDivision Titles, 4 AFC wins and 4 (damn it) super bowl games (still gives one a reason to watch). Edwards has done nothing but maintain a losing record as rthe Bills faltered to 7-9 seasons.

And the Bills had a chance for Clauson or Tebow....

Look for another losing season of frustrating play....then a move to Toronto.

Like Kelly was 100% correct on Buffalo going after Tebow :wallbash:

Its no secret that TE has been following the foot steps of Drew Brees closely over the last few years and although aspects of their game bare very little similarity up to this point, Trent Edwards is a championship caliber QB in the makings in my opinion and great things are on the horizon for our Buffalo Bill football team.

I see your point on the similarities between Brees and Edwards. It's like calling black, white.

JIM KELLY was just stating that a Cali. QB does not work in Buffalo,We have seen it the past 6 years or so!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct, Tom Brady would never have worked in Buffalo. He just doesn't have what it takes.

Despite the open competition at the QB position Trent Edwards seems to have regained his confidence to a degree and is also making an attempt to become more vocal on and off the field. Seeing Marcus Easley break free and snag what would have been a TD in the Bills first OTA was a glimpse of things to come in my opinion and the TE/ Easley connection is going to be a great one.

Didn't you say the the TE/TO connection was going to be great?

And that TO would be hard pressed to find fault with Edwards and his leadership?

How did that work out?

You might want to wait on the team putting on some pads and doing some hitting first.

Mary is on a mission...

... to be the best damn clipboard holder ever.

I see your point on the similarities between Brees and Edwards. It's like calling black, white.

Of course he's been following Bree's. That's what Edwards does best: follow.

Now, leading ....

It's hard to lead in the NFL ...

Gee, a universal slam against every Californian? And I thought it was more of a joke with a little barb against the laid-back surfer dude 'tude that several recent Bills QBs have had.

That's what I took it as at the time, a little playful joshing. Do people who take this 100 percent seriously ever heard JK, or have the faintest idea of his personality?

How it translates to pure 12-point Times New Roman is very different from the tenor of the spoken words and absent body language.

JK's personal/quasi-professional opinion near the end of last season, as many others shared, was that TE had his chance, had regressed, and that it might be time to hand the reigns to a different QB. If TE wants to use this as motivation, fine; I'll cheer him on as long as he wears the Bills' laundry.

That old saying applies here, tho. "Those who can, do. Those who can't, whine about same."

TE's only reply to questions like these should be, "Everyone is entitled to their viewpoint. I've done what I've done in this league and I still have a lot to prove." And then shut up until you have proven it.

That's what I took it as at the time, a little playful joshing. Do people who take this 100 percent seriously ever heard JK, or have the faintest idea of his personality?

How it translates to pure 12-point Times New Roman is very different from the tenor of the spoken words and absent body language.

JK's personal/quasi-professional opinion near the end of last season, as many others shared, was that TE had his chance, had regressed, and that it might be time to hand the reigns to a different QB. If TE wants to use this as motivation, fine; I'll cheer him on as long as he wears the Bills' laundry.

That old saying applies here, tho. "Those who can, do. Those who can't, whine about same."

TE's only reply to questions like these should be, "Everyone is entitled to their viewpoint. I've done what I've done in this league and I still have a lot to prove." And then shut up until you have proven it.

Jim being sarcastic? C'mon! :wallbash:

Guest dog14787
Didn't you say the the TE/TO connection was going to be great?

And that TO would be hard pressed to find fault with Edwards and his leadership?

How did that work out?

You might want to wait on the team putting on some pads and doing some hitting first.

... to be the best damn clipboard holder ever.

Yup, its hard to believe one of the best WR's that ever played the game forgot how to catch the football.

TE sat himself down on the bench before he conformed to TO now didn't he and guess who got sent packing and who's still here,

and guess who is going to be our starting QB for the Buffalo Bills this season,

don't ya just love it :wallbash:

TE sat his ass down on the bench before he conformed to TO now didn't he and guess who got sent packing and who's still here,
Red herring. Owens contract ran out. Edwards' did not.
and guess who is going to be our starting QB for the Buffalo Bills this season,
Might not want to count your chicks before the eggs are laid. Edwards will be facing a 3-4 defense throughout, so he'll need to shake his deer-in-the-headlights QB play against that devilish scheme if he hopes to not get cut outright.

Guest dog14787
Red herring. Owens contract ran out. Edwards' did not.Might not want to count your chicks before the eggs are laid. Edwards will be facing a 3-4 defense throughout, so he'll need to shake his deer-in-the-headlights QB play against that devilish scheme if he hopes to not get cut outright.

I'm confident Trent Edwards has the abilities to become a successful QB in the NFL provided he is given a good supporting cast and I believe Gailey/Nix are going to give it to him.

As far as counting my chicks before their eggs are even laid I had faith in Edwards long, long ago and have never doubted him, his supporting cast on the other hand has been pathetic.

Your holier than thou passive aggressiveness has reached new heights.

You remind of the type of person that will run around an office leaving sticky notes in attempt to shame others,

and correct the "wrongs" of the workplace, even when the situation does not even concern you or has no bearing on you.

Kind of like 'Joe' complaining about people taking the last cup of coffee and not making a new pot when 'Joe' doesn't even drink coffee.

Good question to ask yourself while looking in the mirror. What kind of response did you get?

So what? I know people that will give you the shirt of their back, their last one, if it helped you more than than it helped them.

There it is. The trademark C.Biscuit97 "Ultimate insult". How does one respond ...

You are right. My resume does not compare to Jauron's. I looked real hard, but I do not have a "Failed at" section on mine.

Depends on what he was trying to accomplish, doesn't it?

Being an NFL head coach? Yep, he's part of the select few.

Being a successful NFL head coach? Nope, he's part of the majority.

I got to admit, that one is rich. Were you looking in the mirror when you said that statement?

Let me guess. I took the last cup of coffee again?

Back at ya, Sparky! :wallbash:

:lol:

Ivy League grad with honors, one of his college conferences and state's greatest players ever, NFL pro bowler, Coach of the Year, and millionaire. If that's failing, I'd love to fail like that.