Best Sports Movie

bills_fan

Best Sports Movie  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best sports movie of all time?

• Bull Durham
    • The Natural
    • Hoosiers
    • North Dallas Forty
    • Major League
    • Slapshot
    • Field of Dreams
    • Brians Song
    • Caddyshack
    • Pride of the Yankees
    • Rocky
    • Raging Bull
    • Other (Explain)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Paper Lion' with Alan Alda starring as George Plimpton based on Plimpton's real life experience of playing QB for the Detroit Lions during their training camp and pre-season in, I believe, 1968 (I may be wrong about the year).

The original 'The Longest Yard' with Burt Reynolds. Classic.

'Brian's Song', the story of Gale Sayers and Brian Piccalo. One of the only made for TV movies later to be released in theaters.

There are so many more.

"Friday Night Lights"

:thumbsup:

That was easily the most VISCERAL experience I've ever had with a sports film in the theater. I loved every minute of it.

I'd also have to throw out a vote for Miracle....loved that flick!

one of my all time favorites is 'A League of Their Own'....I absolutely love that movie and can watch it over and over....a movie about playing a game for the love of the game....nothing better....

I'll admit, I liked that movie much more than I ever expected I would....it was surprisingly funny

one of my all time favorites is 'A League of Their Own'....I absolutely love that movie and can watch it over and over....a movie about playing a game for the love of the game....nothing better....

[Jimmy has just signed a baseball for a little boy]

Little Boy: [reading] Avoid the clap, Jimmy Dugan.

Jimmy Dugan: Hey, that's good advice!

Rocky great boxing movie but it really captures the character really well. I don't know if another sports movie ever won the Oscar for best picture. Say what you will about the 2 unnecessary sequels (Rocky 4 and 5 sucked and don't defend Rocky 4 it basically implied that Rocky won the cold war) but Rocky is a great franchise and the first Rocky is a great movie and by far the best sports movie ever.

Rocky great boxing movie but it really captures the character really well. I don't know if another sports movie ever won the Oscar for best picture. Say what you will about the 2 unnecessary sequels (Rocky 4 and 5 sucked and don't defend Rocky 4 it basically implied that Rocky won the cold war) but Rocky is a great franchise and the first Rocky is a great movie and by far the best sports movie ever.

Chariots of Fire?

Field of Dreams

After dropping off Terrance, Ray turns the VW mini-bus around and there's Terrance in the headlights.

[Low bass drum boom]

Terrance: Moonlight Graham.

Ray: You saw it!

I get chills just thinking about

[uPDATE]: The guy is working to help clean up the oil spill!