Best Sports Movie

bills_fan

Best Sports Movie  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best sports movie of all time?

• Bull Durham
    • The Natural
    • Hoosiers
    • North Dallas Forty
    • Major League
    • Slapshot
    • Field of Dreams
    • Brians Song
    • Caddyshack
    • Pride of the Yankees
    • Rocky
    • Raging Bull
    • Other (Explain)

That's a very ****ty definition of a sport in my opinion. Going by that definition I would consider chess and shuffle board a sport they have rules and you have to use your body to play them.

Then again when it comes to what is an isn't a sport I am an elitist. I think for something to be a sport you have to be able to tell if someone is or isn't athletic strictly by how they play the sport. In bowling you can't tell how good of an athlete someone is just by how they bowl thus in my mind its not a sport.

Yes I have unusually high standards for what a sport is as I don't see Golf as a sport either.

Well it is the right definition. Go look it up if you want. Your opinion may differ, but bowling is a sport.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, you should definitely check it out! I bet you'll really enjoy it....Kurt Russell does a fantastic job.

I totally agree. I forgot about Miracle, and that is in my top 3 with Field of Dreams and Bull Durham......I always recommend that to anybody who didn't see it. So well done - love how they mingle the ABC footage with the acting, etc. You get ready to run through a wall during that movie!

• 1 month later...

I just watched Raging Bull last night for the first time. Man, what a film. Scorsese did a great job and De Niro was unforgettable as Jake LaMotta. It could go down as one of my favorite sports movies. It was made it 1980, but it looks and feels like it was really from the 40's...a masterpiece.

I thought that I was going to totally love that movie and was very very disappointed..........made me stay away from Goodfellas for years. And, then when I finally saw Goodfellas it turned out to be one of my top ten easily.