Best Sports Movie

bills_fan

Best Sports Movie  

67 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best sports movie of all time?

• Bull Durham
    • The Natural
    • Hoosiers
    • North Dallas Forty
    • Major League
    • Slapshot
    • Field of Dreams
    • Brians Song
    • Caddyshack
    • Pride of the Yankees
    • Rocky
    • Raging Bull
    • Other (Explain)

How about The Last Boy Scout just for

I hated that movie. We're supposed to believe that Damon Wayans is a badass quarterback? And the stadium at the beginning is supposed to be Cleveland when it is the LA Coliseum (look closely).

My pick? No surprise, it's Major League. I've seen that movie so many times over the years I've lost count. I think it's close to 100.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowling is not a sport . But it makes for a great movie :lol: and a greater Saturday afternoon. I've spent many a Saturday back visiting WNY with crappy weather rolling a few balls and drinking many, many beers. :lol:

You are wrong about bowling not being a sport. A sport as it is defined is a physical activity governed by a set of rules that usually involves competition. So it is a sport, regardless of your opinion.

That said, bowling is always a good time, and was a pretty large part of my life through high school. :lol:

Bowling is not a sport . But it makes for a great movie :lol: and a greater Saturday afternoon. I've spent many a Saturday back visiting WNY with crappy weather rolling a few balls and drinking many, many beers. :lol:

heh..If your anything like me my first game is my best one. Maybe my second. But after that there is a definite downward trend in scoring. I would suspect something to do with beer intake.

heh..If your anything like me my first game is my best one. Maybe my second. But after that there is a definite downward trend in scoring. I would suspect something to do with beer intake.

I used to play a lot of pool in the local bars when I was younger. The more beers I drank the more free beers I won. It was a wonderful vicious circle.

I can't vote for just one...

My favorites in no particular order are:

Bull Durham (has it all)

Field of Dreams

Rocky

Slapshot

and the one not on the list:

Remember the Titans

I used to play a lot of pool in the local bars when I was younger. The more beers I drank the more free beers I won. It was a wonderful vicious circle.

When I played in a league, I got progressively better at pool as I drank. When I was nicely buzzed, I relaxed and could take better (pool) shots. After that, I would just drink a beer an hour. Called it buzz maintenance.

North Dallas Forty and Raging Bull. Bull Durham was good, too. Slapshot was OK, too. Cadyshack was funny, but not really a sports movie, IMO. Rocky was tolerable I suppose, but the subsequent 60 crappy sequels make it no longer watchable for me.

You can have sentimental claptrap like Field of Dreams and The Natural, They are not for me.

I can't believe I'm the only one who said "Miracle", especially given all the hockey elitists around here....

BTW,if you guys want a family-oriented, Christian-themed sports movie that is very touching, check out Facing the Giants....I usually find Christian music and movies kinda cheesy, but this was actually really good.

I guessed the ending right at the start.

:rolleyes:

lol...did you know much about the coach and all the happenings with the USOC before the games? I was fascinated by the whole story :wallbash:

lol...did you know much about the coach and all the happenings with the USOC before the games? I was fascinated by the whole story :rolleyes:

Honestly, I never saw it. I was just making a funny.

You are wrong about bowling not being a sport. A sport as it is defined is a physical activity governed by a set of rules that usually involves competition. So it is a sport, regardless of your opinion.

That said, bowling is always a good time, and was a pretty large part of my life through high school. :rolleyes:

I agree bowling is a sport. I'm old enough to remember Dick Weber on every Sat and Sun.

lol...did you know much about the coach and all the happenings with the USOC before the games? I was fascinated by the whole story :rolleyes:

I can see why you would be fascinated because it your TBD profile is correct you were only 8 when it happened.

That said, bowling is always a good time, and was a pretty large part of my life through high school. :rolleyes:

That's a very ****ty definition of a sport in my opinion. Going by that definition I would consider chess and shuffle board a sport they have rules and you have to use your body to play them.

Then again when it comes to what is an isn't a sport I am an elitist. I think for something to be a sport you have to be able to tell if someone is or isn't athletic strictly by how they play the sport. In bowling you can't tell how good of an athlete someone is just by how they bowl thus in my mind its not a sport.

Yes I have unusually high standards for what a sport is as I don't see Golf as a sport either.

I can see why you would be fascinated because it your TBD profile is correct you were only 8 when it happened.

Exactly....I have a VERY vague memory of watching that when I was growing up, so to see the whole story in a film was fascinating to me. Awesome flick!

Honestly, I never saw it. I was just making a funny.

Oh man, you should definitely check it out! I bet you'll really enjoy it....Kurt Russell does a fantastic job.