AFC Champion this season

major

As much as I hate to admit it, I think the Bengals or Jets are going to Super Bowl 45 this February in Dallas as the representaive from the AFC. That being said, I don't think either team is building for the long haul. I think they're putting all their chips on the table for one big run this season.

It begs the question, would you rather our Bills sign big name FA's, etc. for one run at the ring? Or would you rather them build for the long haul, with multiple attempts to get there?

The Raiders made that one big run in 2002. They got to the Super Bowl and lost to the Bucs. If you remember, they had Bill Romanowski, Jerry Rice, etc... The Steelers, on the other hand, built their franchise for the long haul and have won a few times over the past few years. Again, which would you prefer as a fan?

At any rate, I think it will be the Green Bay Packers vs. the Bengals or Jets in SB 45.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think the Bengals or Jets are going to Super Bowl 45 this February in Dallas as the representaive from the AFC. That being said, I don't think either team is building for the long haul. I think they're putting all their chips on the table for one big run this season.

It begs the question, would you rather our Bills sign big name FA's, etc. for one run at the ring? Or would you rather them build for the long haul, with multiple attempts to get there?

The Raiders made that one big run in 2002. They got to the Super Bowl and lost to the Bucs. If you remember, they had Bill Romanowski, Jerry Rice, etc... The Steelers, on the other hand, built their franchise for the long haul and have won a few times over the past few years. Again, which would you prefer as a fan?

At any rate, I think it will be the Green Bay Packers vs. the Bengals or Jets in SB 45.

I will take the Colts over both. Cincy just cant see it. Jets might have the sophmore blues.

If Brett Comes back its Jets V Vikings with the vikings winning it.

Ravens/Giants

Baltimore finally has the legit #1 receiver to go along with their good stable of runningbacks. It's a make or break year for Joe Flacco. This Baltimore offense has no excuses not to be above league average. Adding Sergio Kindle and Mount Cody to their already stout front 7 will only be a benefit. The multiple 3-4/ 4-3 looks baltimore can throw at you is just insane. No one is running against that defense.

As far as the giants go their one weakness last year was their secondary and lack of agressivness on defense. I always felt Perry Fewell was hamstrung by the way Jauron wanted him to play the tampa 2. Where as Perry learned the d under Lovie Smith, who adds a lot more blitzes and multiple looks. Coughlin will give him free reign to run the defense how Perry sees fit. Aaron Ross moves back to corner with the additions of Deon Grant and Antrel Rolle. Their offense should continue to be above league average. Their young receivers should only get better. I expect them to have a rather big bounce back season.

If Brett Comes back its Jets V Vikings with the vikings winning it.

Because it is so unlikely for Favre to throw horrible interceptions in big spots?

I mean he has thrown so many, the odds are he can't possibly throw another one.

People are prematurely jumping on the Jets bandwagon. I don't know where their offense is coming from. Sanchez isn't a world beater and Woodhead might be their best RB- not saying he isn't going to be good, but he hasn't had too many carries yet.

Saints/Chargers.

People are prematurely jumping on the Jets bandwagon. I don't know where their offense is coming from. Sanchez isn't a world beater and Woodhead might be their best RB- not saying he isn't going to be good, but he hasn't had too many carries yet.

agreed. does everyone not remember them sneaking into the playoffs after a mediocre year?

the jets are overrated, idc who they added in the offseason

What? Bengals? Jets? Seriously? The Bengals will be much-improved, but AFC Champs....no way! The Jets will not be able to get out of the way of their own egotistical head coach. Denver will be a surprise team, but the Colts will be hard to beat...again. Colts/Patriots (unfortunately) in the AFC Championship! :thumbsup:

I don't know why people are so high on the Bengals. They are not that good. I could see them missing the playoffs entirely.

Jets? Maybe, but I still think they are flawed. They don't have a come-from-behind passing game.

Like others, I love what the Ravens have put together. I'm very jealous of their fans. They are a real threat.

But the AFC favorite is still the Colts. This was a Super Bowl team that started 14-0 last year before they took their foot off the gas. Manning is still the premier player in the game.

Other than Minnesota, no one really stands out in the NFC. The Saints will have a hangover year. Atlanta and the Giants should bounce back and be respectable, but not SB contenders.

Unfortuantely, I think the Jets have an outstanding opportunity...but the Bengals? Nah...not even close...but Jets are a good pick!!!

Would I rather have my team get to one super bowl and lose or win two super bowls? I'd probably go with the two wins, but that's just me.

The Bengals? Did you notice that their pass offense past game 8 was non-existent? Without a passing game to complement a good ground game they will collapse. Their D is good but not great and Palmer's always a huge concern for injury.

The Jets? Sanchez isn't ready to handle the team, the D-line is old, lots of characters on that team that could lead to distractions, an O-line starting a rookie, and their running backs have some concerns. The Jets are good but I don't think they have the QB or the age to make a deep run.

The two teams to look out for are the Ravens they drafted T.Cody and Kindle to make the front 7 deeper while Bolden helps out their offense. The Ravens made a already good defense (Top 6 in the league) younger and better while adding a big weapon to the offense.

The other team is the Dolphins. Marshall gives them a big weapon on their offense and Henne is more experienced. Their D upgraded both in free agency with Dansby and picking up Masi and Odrick. Masi helps to replace Porter and Odrick makes their D-line deeper. All in all the Fins have the fire power on offense and their D just got better as well if Henne can step up and be a good QB look for the Fins to be a good team.

The Bengals ????

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!

That's rich...

Bengals?? See: their last two games of the 2009 season. They are awful.

Jets? Not this year, but thye could win the AFCE. Anyone who says they are "overrated" is whistling past the graveyard and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Ravens? Maybe. I love how one poster says this is "a make or break year for Flacco"----amazing the stuff people post here.

Don't see Ravens getting past Indy.

If I had to place money on one AFC team it would be the Colts, who have pretty much the same team that went last year, with one of their starting WRs returning (Gonzalez) that missed most of last season. The Bengals won't go, Palmer isn' the QB he used to be and hasn't been the same since that knee injury. The Jets have signed alot of talent, some questionable characters, which looking at history, the odds are in favor of everything not coming together with such a major reworking of a roster. As far as the Bills signing players for one run vice building for the long run, they have been building for the long run for about 12 or 13 years now, how has that worked? Most football people would say that LT may be the most important position on the team, or at least one of the 3 or 4 most important, and we have none. Our line is the worst in the NFL in years, so as it goes now this team has no future, at least none that is any brighter than the present or the past decade.

The Jets, while having one of the best defenses in the NFL, have the fatal flaws of high expectations, tough schedule and a mediocre QB which will prevent them from getting to the Superbowl. Also unfortunate for the Jets, they probably won't have teams handing them gift victories at the end of the season either. I think they finish 9-7 just missing the playoffs with the Jet fans screaming "same old Jets!"

agreed. does everyone not remember them sneaking into the playoffs after a mediocre year?

the jets are overrated, idc who they added in the offseason

WordByrd, don't take it the wrong way, but I never read your posts. My eyes always get glued to your avatar.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think the Bengals or Jets are going to Super Bowl 45 this February in Dallas as the representaive from the AFC.

I'd be surprised. Like many have mentioned, BAL looks pretty good, and IND and NE* will compete.

I do hope BUF pays attention to CIN wr cuts - they've been acquiring them left and right - vets, and also in the recent draft.

WordByrd, don't take it the wrong way, but I never read your posts. My eyes always get glued to your avatar.

UK glamor girl, Lucy Pinder.

Just saying.................

The Jets, while having one of the best defenses in the NFL, have the fatal flaws of high expectations, tough schedule and a mediocre QB which will prevent them from getting to the Superbowl. Also unfortunate for the Jets, they probably won't have teams handing them gift victories at the end of the season either. I think they finish 9-7 just missing the playoffs with the Jet fans screaming "same old Jets!"

In all fairness, a mediocre season is pretty good for a rookie. Elite teams will be able to score on their defense, and I don't think they can answer....not this season, at least