It will be Brohm V Brown

DarthICE

Edwards is a kitty and isn't what Nix and Gailey said they wanted in a QB. He will end up being the one cut.

They know what they have in Fitz, solid #2/#3.

They drafted Brown to develop him, watch the post draft presser. You can tell by how they talk about him they expect good things.

That leaves Brohm. I still have a really tough time putting any faith in someone that can't even make a roster and who wasn't brought onto a team from Green Bay's practice squad except Russ Friggin Brandon.

That said...as much as I don't like Brohm, I am more than willing to see what happens in the competition between him and Brown and will back whomever of the two Gailey picks.

but someone please give me something besides friggin college stats to make me feel better about Brohm.

Edwards is a kitty and isn't what Nix and Gailey said they wanted in a QB. He will end up being the one cut.

They drafted Brown to develop him, watch the post draft presser. You can tell by how they talk about him they expect good things.

That leaves Brohm. I still have a really tough time putting any faith in someone that can't even make a roster and who wasn't brought onto a team from Green Bay's practice squad except Russ Friggin Brandon.

That said...as much as I don't like Brohm, I am more than willing to see what happens in the competition between him and Brown and will back whomever of the two Gailey picks.

but someone please give me something besides friggin college stats to make me feel better about Brohm.

I think its Brohms job to lose. TE is broken physically and mentally, Fitz is a good BACKUP. As for the college stats, that's all we would have got with Claussen. I wouldn't have wasted a pick on J Campbell, typical Raider ignorance. They were going to cut him anyway.

Kind of a circular argument you have with yourself.There are no stats other than college because as you pointed out he was only a practice player. The best thing that can be said is green bay wanted to retain him but he knew it was only to ride the bench behind Rodgers. better to go to buffalo and compete for the job. The fact that he had little time given to prove anything should be rectified at camp. Wait and see what happens and like you said support what ever the team

decides is best. We can't be any worse off than last year . Can we?

What are you going to say when Edwards beat out the other qbs for the starting job? Your newly anoited savior qb, Levi Brown, was a seventh round draft selection. He is a developmental type qb who will be on the practice squad.

Not possible, unless someone has some bootleg practice footage where Brohm looked really good. If we stick to his NFL career, the facts are that he's played pretty badly in both of his preseasons, gotten beaten out by a lower-drafted rookie in year 1, got beaten out again in year 2, was cut & cleared waivers, and looked really bad in his only start.

But I agree with you that I'd rather see him in the mix for the starting job. We really have to give him a pass on the Atlanta game because he was so new to the team.

I agree with there. Trent is toast and needs to go. However, Favre might be available! He hasn't resigned with the Vikes and we could use a good vet until Levi gets it together.

I viewed the youtube on Levi and he is awesome, raw, but awesome. Unfortunately, he looks frail like Trent.

I don't think Brown has any realistic chance at starting this year. He's a developmental prospect from a smaller program that played in a spread offense. He has a big adjustment to make to the NFL. In time he may be good,but we won't know for a couple of years. I hope Brohm shows us something,cuz I think we know what we have in Edwards and Fitz,and I don't think either are starting QB's.

Correct if I'm wrong.

We speak of how Brohm was placed on the practice squad and reduced to a 3rd stringer on the depth chart.

He was then offered a contract by Buffalo and Green Bay tried to match the offer, but Brohm took Buffalo's offer where he actually has the possibility to start.

Didn't the Bills do somehing simular to 'shield' Jason Peters from other teams? --He went to the practice squad and other teams instantly figured he was a bust or not worthy of a pick-up? Why would GB try to insntly match Buffalo's offer if Brohm was only worthy of a practice squad spot?

Brohm was never going to play behind Rodgers. ---Few starting QB's could! This made Brohm an instant 2nd stringer. Maybe the coaching was trying to get a 'feel' for Matt Flynn and get him some 2nd team reps to see what they had in their newly aquired QB.---Or simply tried to lead other NFL teams to believe Brohm was was not worthy of keeping on the roser. I'm just speculating but I wouldn't discount Brohm just because we was on the Practice squad.

Go Bills! ---I cant wait to see Spiller light up the field!

What are you going to say when Edwards beat out the other qbs for the starting job? Your newly anoited savior qb, Levi Brown, was a seventh round draft selection. He is a developmental type qb who will be on the practice squad.

He isn't going to. Edwards has already been benched by TWO head coaches. Gailey isn't stupid, Edwards is not going to start.

None of them should start honestly cuz they all suck. I hope we have MARSHAWN/FRED/CJ backfield sh*t they can all throw who need a crappy qb. Chan "fu*king" Gailey can make up a new offense with no QB...

you do realize thugshawn is #3 now right? CJ is 10x the back either one are and Thug lost his job perminately to jackson so...

You heard Gailey in the Presser...EVERYONE has a chance...He's not playing favorites cause he has none...The QB that picks up the Offense best, looks best in Camp and Pre Season will be the Starter...Brown's a 7th Round Rookie...He'll need time to develop...But I'll take Gailey at his word...All 3 are even right now...May the best man win... :unsure:

If you want someone to hold at night and tell you that it'll all be better in the morning you came to the wrong place. Wow, football players are expected to run through walls and here you are all sad about who our qb is gonna be. Man up kid, do your homework, say your prayers, take your vitamins, and stay away from drugs.

Guest dog14787
Personally, I'd rather argue Roe v. Wade, but that's just me.

Trent Edwards is our QB.

Trent Edwards :unsure:

It will be Brown vs Brohm for the final roster spot. Neither will start.

At least someone here has some sense...

Ewards will start, Fitzy will back him up, and Levi Brown or Brohm will be the project third stringer...IMO it will be Levi Brown...I am high on this guy...after this season it will be decision time...third years are always make or break years for QB's...if Edwards impresses and we win this season...I think they resign him...if it's more deer in headlights...he's gone and they see what they got with Levi...that's just basically how it goes...well on regular teams...anything can happen...we are in fact the Bills

He isn't going to. Edwards has already been benched by TWO head coaches. Gailey isn't stupid, Edwards is not going to start.

Sorry Ice. My gut tells me they are going to give TE the benefit of the doubt on the chance that Jauron and bad OC's ruined the guy. You may be right (some other thread I think) you'll see a lot of checkdowns to Spiller, but that could be productive. I am getting more adept at reading Chan and Buddy and I think they believe TE is not done yet. Unless we see Brohm blossom right quick, I'm predicting TE behind center against Miami.

No chance Edwards is cut. He will be starting qb week 1.

Ewards will start, Fitzy will back him up, and Levi Brown or Brohm will be the project third stringer...IMO it will be Levi Brown...I am high on this guy...after this season it will be decision time...third years are always make or break years for QB's...if Edwards impresses and we win this season...I think they resign him...if it's more deer in headlights...he's gone and they see what they got with Levi...that's just basically how it goes...well on regular teams...anything can happen...we are in fact the Bills

You're high on Levi? I can fix that---watch the YOUTUBE video someone posted on the original Levi Brown thread.

He has a great "uncle Rico" release and relies on acrobatic WRs to pull his errant balls from the sky. The rest is a lot of Chinese fire drill-broken play-run for your life JPL scrambling.

I challenge you to watch the whole awful clip.

the true lowdown

You're high on Levi? I can fix that---watch the YOUTUBE video someone posted on the original Levi Brown thread.

He has a great "uncle Rico" release and relies on acrobatic WRs to pull his errant balls from the sky. The rest is a lot of Chinese fire drill-broken play-run for your life JPL scrambling.

I challenge you to watch the whole awful clip.

+1 for an Uncle Rico reference

No one here knows what the coaching staff is looking for in a QB, we all have to wait and see.

Right on. Since Gailey is known for tailoring an offense to his players' strengths, who knows who will be the best fit. Outside of Fitz, you can argue any of the other guys has the most natural talent (and I know we will), so it's going to come down to whose particular skill set fits in with our other players. Is mobility going to be a higher priority than release? Is arm strength going to be more important than reading the defense? We don't know so I know I'm interested to see what Chan and Co. come up with and I think when all is said and done one of our guys will come out head and shoulders above the rest, at least in terms of how they fit into our particular scheme.

And in regards to Gailey tailoring an offense to his player's strengths, the QB that becomes the starter is going to be the one that compliments our intended uses of Spiller et al. The QB position won't be a strong point no matter who is under center, so I don't see the new system demanding a lot out of the position.

+1 for an Uncle Rico reference

It's true. I've never been one to judge "throwing mechanics", but this guy looks bizarre!

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if Brohm is the next long term (doesn't mean much for the Ralphs) QB.

I could not disagree more. Brown is a project and no way does he push for a starting role. IMO he is likely to end up on the practice squad. Brohm then plays into a three man race with TE and Fitz. Perhaps a new coaching staff gives TE a lift. If not my guess is that Fitz starts. Brohm is a dark horse, he will have to have a huge camp and preseason to take the starting job. I just think Fitz and TE have too much game experience. We'll see - at least there will be competition.

WEO - link?

Edwards will be the starter, no question. I'm not sure what he's lacking at this point, to be honest. He seems okay at the beginning of seasons, then loses it. He looked good in '08 until Arizona and even looked good vs. SD. Then he looked good last year vs. NE and TB...then, nothing. Seems like he loses his confidence too easily and we haven't really had the line or the coaching to help him out. Not saying he's the answer, but he's a lot closer to it than anyone else on this roster.

A lot of you people are going to be sad when Brohm gets cut. It's unlikely we carry 4 QB's into the regular season, so unless he shows something significant (this being his third season now as a highly-touted second round draft choice), my money says he's gone.

I see Fitz being the one gone. Brohm and Brown are young, Trent has been very good in some games and never had a coach, Fitz has nothing to offer over the other guys except more experience. If they are really rebuilding they wont put much thought into fitz's experience

You should thank the OP of that thread for pointing out the existence of Brown before the Bills drafted him. :unsure:

I see Fitz being the one gone. Brohm and Brown are young, Trent has been very good in some games and never had a coach, Fitz has nothing to offer over the other guys except more experience. If they are really rebuilding they wont put much thought into fitz's experience

I agree here. Fitz can sometimes get it downfield, but he was not spectacular in any part either.

Edwards is beyond done he also isn't the QB that Nix and company said they want. He isn't a leader and he sure as hell doesn't have the Arm they said they wanted in a QB.

Edwards has been benched by TWO coaching staffs already and if they thought he was the answer he would have been named the starter already. He lost his job last year and sucked most of the year before. Gailey and company aren't going to waste their time trying to polish a turd.

It will be Brohm if anyone starting against Miami out of the 3 that were here before the draft.

And one more thing, doesnt' ralph need to sell some tickets? No way in hell can he sell **** with Edwards at QB. Ralph remembers the boos when Edwards went in then the cheers when he got hurt.

Edwards never should have been a starter in the NFL. as for this bull **** about he did well before the concussion, no the TEAM did pretty well going 4-0 then went to **** after that. Edwards is what he is and that is a checkdown, scared kitty that Dick Jauron loved. That right there is enough to punt kick him off this roster.

If anyone, it will be Brohm.

I agree that Brohm and Brown should be given every opp to win the starting job. We've seemingly seen the best of Edwards and Fitzpatrick. But I'm not going to advocate cutting them before pre-season ends, lest by some miracle Gailey IS able to make something of either or both of them.

Let me add a few things...

First, It was reported to Mort (bastard) that this staff is going to give Brohm a real shot at becoming the man.

Second, Nix was here to see how bad Edwards sucked. He watched two coaches bench his ass. He has seen him in practice, he has all the film on him, he knows he isn't what we need.

I would really like to know what rating Nix had on Brohm coming out. I can't help but feel this staff wants Brohm to win this job and is going to be given every opportunity to win it. That said I really think from watching gailey and nix talk about Brown, he is their long term guy.

Either way, Edwards is done.