It will be Brohm V Brown

DarthICE

Edwards is a kitty and isn't what Nix and Gailey said they wanted in a QB. He will end up being the one cut.

They know what they have in Fitz, solid #2/#3.

They drafted Brown to develop him, watch the post draft presser. You can tell by how they talk about him they expect good things.

That leaves Brohm. I still have a really tough time putting any faith in someone that can't even make a roster and who wasn't brought onto a team from Green Bay's practice squad except Russ Friggin Brandon.

That said...as much as I don't like Brohm, I am more than willing to see what happens in the competition between him and Brown and will back whomever of the two Gailey picks.

but someone please give me something besides friggin college stats to make me feel better about Brohm.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edwards is a kitty and isn't what Nix and Gailey said they wanted in a QB. He will end up being the one cut.

They drafted Brown to develop him, watch the post draft presser. You can tell by how they talk about him they expect good things.

That leaves Brohm. I still have a really tough time putting any faith in someone that can't even make a roster and who wasn't brought onto a team from Green Bay's practice squad except Russ Friggin Brandon.

That said...as much as I don't like Brohm, I am more than willing to see what happens in the competition between him and Brown and will back whomever of the two Gailey picks.

but someone please give me something besides friggin college stats to make me feel better about Brohm.

I think its Brohms job to lose. TE is broken physically and mentally, Fitz is a good BACKUP. As for the college stats, that's all we would have got with Claussen. I wouldn't have wasted a pick on J Campbell, typical Raider ignorance. They were going to cut him anyway.

Kind of a circular argument you have with yourself.There are no stats other than college because as you pointed out he was only a practice player. The best thing that can be said is green bay wanted to retain him but he knew it was only to ride the bench behind Rodgers. better to go to buffalo and compete for the job. The fact that he had little time given to prove anything should be rectified at camp. Wait and see what happens and like you said support what ever the team

decides is best. We can't be any worse off than last year . Can we?

What are you going to say when Edwards beat out the other qbs for the starting job? Your newly anoited savior qb, Levi Brown, was a seventh round draft selection. He is a developmental type qb who will be on the practice squad.

Not possible, unless someone has some bootleg practice footage where Brohm looked really good. If we stick to his NFL career, the facts are that he's played pretty badly in both of his preseasons, gotten beaten out by a lower-drafted rookie in year 1, got beaten out again in year 2, was cut & cleared waivers, and looked really bad in his only start.

But I agree with you that I'd rather see him in the mix for the starting job. We really have to give him a pass on the Atlanta game because he was so new to the team.

I agree with there. Trent is toast and needs to go. However, Favre might be available! He hasn't resigned with the Vikes and we could use a good vet until Levi gets it together.

I viewed the youtube on Levi and he is awesome, raw, but awesome. Unfortunately, he looks frail like Trent.

I don't think Brown has any realistic chance at starting this year. He's a developmental prospect from a smaller program that played in a spread offense. He has a big adjustment to make to the NFL. In time he may be good,but we won't know for a couple of years. I hope Brohm shows us something,cuz I think we know what we have in Edwards and Fitz,and I don't think either are starting QB's.

Correct if I'm wrong.

We speak of how Brohm was placed on the practice squad and reduced to a 3rd stringer on the depth chart.

He was then offered a contract by Buffalo and Green Bay tried to match the offer, but Brohm took Buffalo's offer where he actually has the possibility to start.

Didn't the Bills do somehing simular to 'shield' Jason Peters from other teams? --He went to the practice squad and other teams instantly figured he was a bust or not worthy of a pick-up? Why would GB try to insntly match Buffalo's offer if Brohm was only worthy of a practice squad spot?

Brohm was never going to play behind Rodgers. ---Few starting QB's could! This made Brohm an instant 2nd stringer. Maybe the coaching was trying to get a 'feel' for Matt Flynn and get him some 2nd team reps to see what they had in their newly aquired QB.---Or simply tried to lead other NFL teams to believe Brohm was was not worthy of keeping on the roser. I'm just speculating but I wouldn't discount Brohm just because we was on the Practice squad.

Go Bills! ---I cant wait to see Spiller light up the field!

What are you going to say when Edwards beat out the other qbs for the starting job? Your newly anoited savior qb, Levi Brown, was a seventh round draft selection. He is a developmental type qb who will be on the practice squad.

He isn't going to. Edwards has already been benched by TWO head coaches. Gailey isn't stupid, Edwards is not going to start.

None of them should start honestly cuz they all suck. I hope we have MARSHAWN/FRED/CJ backfield sh*t they can all throw who need a crappy qb. Chan "fu*king" Gailey can make up a new offense with no QB...

you do realize thugshawn is #3 now right? CJ is 10x the back either one are and Thug lost his job perminately to jackson so...

You heard Gailey in the Presser...EVERYONE has a chance...He's not playing favorites cause he has none...The QB that picks up the Offense best, looks best in Camp and Pre Season will be the Starter...Brown's a 7th Round Rookie...He'll need time to develop...But I'll take Gailey at his word...All 3 are even right now...May the best man win... :unsure:

If you want someone to hold at night and tell you that it'll all be better in the morning you came to the wrong place. Wow, football players are expected to run through walls and here you are all sad about who our qb is gonna be. Man up kid, do your homework, say your prayers, take your vitamins, and stay away from drugs.

Guest dog14787
Personally, I'd rather argue Roe v. Wade, but that's just me.

Trent Edwards is our QB.

Trent Edwards :unsure: