Nix has a good plan and its coming together

DarthICE

We are running the 3-4 so we need players for the 3-4. Everyone agrees 'it starts with the lines'. Ok to play a 3-4 you MUST start with NT. The NT holds ground so LB's can attack. We got the best guy in this draft to do just that, hold ground and maintain his gap and not get moved.

We need DE's fit for the 3-4. We just got one of the best pure 3-4 DE's who weighs 285lbs at something like 6'5" to play DE for us.

I see day 2 so far as a damn solid day. I feel this team has already upgraded and is on the right path.

Needs? QB, OLB and OL.

'But ICE the OL is the greatest need'. I counter with bull ****. Like Gailey said, Spiller just made this OL better. If we get a QB worth a **** then it gets even better. MANY sacks the last couple years were because our QB's can't read a defense to save their asses and won't get rid of the ball on time. This line produced a 1000 yard rusher with a guy not half as good as Spiller. This line is NOT as bad as media and fans want to make it out to be. This has been seen by the staff who has went back and watched game film from every angle. This is backed by us passing on every tackle available so far.

We are heading in the right direction, I just wish we had more picks :-(

Keep up the great work Nix! :D

For the first time in years, i think we can say we are headed in the right direction. Many people expect us to be good overnight..well, it doesnt work that way. We just got 3 SOLID PLAYERS in the draft, and if you look at the offseason, we havent lost anybody important to our team. GO BILLS! GO NIX!

We are running the 3-4 so we need players for the 3-4. Everyone agrees 'it starts with the lines'. Ok to play a 3-4 you MUST start with NT. The NT holds ground so LB's can attack. We got the best guy in this draft to do just that, hold ground and maintain his gap and not get moved.

We need DE's fit for the 3-4. We just got one of the best pure 3-4 DE's who weighs 285lbs at something like 6'5" to play DE for us.

I see day 2 so far as a damn solid day. I feel this team has already upgraded and is on the right path.

Needs? QB, OLB and OL.

'But ICE the OL is the greatest need'. I counter with bull ****. Like Gailey said, Spiller just made this OL better. If we get a QB worth a **** then it gets even better. MANY sacks the last couple years were because our QB's can't read a defense to save their asses and won't get rid of the ball on time. This line produced a 1000 yard rusher with a guy not half as good as Spiller. This line is NOT as bad as media and fans want to make it out to be. This has been seen by the staff who has went back and watched game film from every angle. This is backed by us passing on every tackle available so far.

Keep up the great work Nix! :thumbsup:

Great post, hermano. Dead on the money. Nixley is 3 for 3, and the team is already substantially better.

i like your attitude- i wish i could fall in line with it. i still think it's horseshit we wasted the 9th pick on one of the few positions where we already have productive player. i hate the spiller pick and i think it will come back to haunt us.

but hopefully these two kids we got tonight can play, because we need their help.

Great post, hermano. Dead on the money. Nixley is 3 for 3, and the team is already substantially better.

If you're going to take a NT, why not Mt. Cody?

Because Cody is a two down NT?

OK.

If Troop is an every down NT, then we're good.

Who says that the Bills drafted the best guy in the draft to hold ground and maintin his gap? This guy was rated at best a third round prospect. You are giving Nix way too much credit at this point. We will see in a couple of years if he made the right decisions.

Ice...this is where I have to practice what I've been preaching on this board...gotta trust that Buddy knows what he's doing. He's plugged some of the holes we had. Are they the right guys? I don't know but they all have something in common - they are players that have produced for four years and are built for the positions they play. I feel we are getting better but it's not going to be a quick turnaround. It's going to take a few years but it will be done right.

OK.

cody has a lot of off field / weight issues. id much rather have a guy at 315 who is a bull with long, strong reach. its a solid pick - a lot of guys thought he'd go in round 2 just because of his size. others said round 5. just like clausen - mel, mcshay, etc only their opinions...

It seems that with these picks they are very serious about...run...stop the run

Seriously!

The best running back, the strongest run-plugging NT, and the biggest best run defending DE who's also a decent pass rusher.

Carrington was Sun Belt POY with 9 sacks (#1 in his conference), 146 career tackles, and 21.5 sacks.

Who says that the Bills drafted the best guy in the draft to hold ground and maintin his gap? This guy was rated at best a third round prospect. You are giving Nix way too much credit at this point. We will see in a couple of years if he made the right decisions.

The same thing happens every year: fans get pumped directly after the draft. Reality says most rookies, particularly after the first round, don't make much impact their first season.

The book on Levy from 06-07 is finally closing now. He failed miserably, and it's not surprising that fans have gone emotional directly after another draft. Time will tell.

Needs? QB, OLB and OL.

Keep up the great work Nix! :thumbsup:

I agree it's been a good day. But if you think our line isn't that bad, you're wrong. Our line sucks. It's horrible. And we need tackle help.

Ice...this is where I have to practice what I've been preaching on this board...gotta trust that Buddy knows what he's doing. He's plugged some of the holes we had. Are they the right guys? I don't know but they all have something in common - they are players that have produced for four years and are built for the positions they play. I feel we are getting better but it's not going to be a quick turnaround. It's going to take a few years but it will be done right.

What has he done to deserve this trust??

OK.

Doubt that, considering he is a whopping 6 lbs heavier than Kyle Williams....The knock on WIlliams up until this point is that he is too small to play in a 3-4 yet we draft a guy 6 lbs heavier to play the same spot?? Just don't get it...I guess depth is good and i was fine with Williams being in there cuz he's a beast, but i think we could have gone in a different direction...OT?

Doubt that, considering he is a whopping 6 lbs heavier than Kyle Williams....The knock on WIlliams up until this point is that he is too small to play in a 3-4 yet we draft a guy 6 lbs heavier to play the same spot?? Just don't get it...I guess depth is good and i was fine with Williams being in there cuz he's a beast, but i think we could have gone in a different direction...OT?

Totally different builds. Troup can easily add some pounds and we need him only to be a two down player and have Kyle in on 3rd down. This kid outdid Suh bench pressing. He's built to plug the middle not to penetrate like KW.

Given our options at each slot, I am satisfied with these picks. When it comes to the LT position I am just not impressed with anyone outside of Williams and Okung. Sure we could of picked up a body at #2 but would they come ready to start and play well, I doubt it.

Never can tell how draft picks will do until they actually play in the NFL for a couple years. That said, the Bills have picked crap for the last decade. This could be all crap as well or not. Troupe? Troop? WTF ever it is, that was a reach. Could have had him in the 3rd round. Bit small for a NT. Played at Central Florida. Said he needs to work on technique. Kind of a project. Check back in 2012. Carrington? Please. Had a good week at the Senior Bowl and as such his draft position rose. Another project. Someone said, think it was Steve Young, that teams like Baltimore, Indy, Philly, New England draft character guys that fill a specific role and that's why those teams consistently win or in Baltimore's case always have a top 5 defense. . Following that logic, which I think makes alot of sense, the Bills draft project players that may or may not pan out down the road. Therin lies the problem. In my opinion, I think the 2nd & 3rd round picks just flat out sucked. Time will tell. 30th ranked offense last year. Two days of the draft gone and they added a RB. Lacking on the OL, WR and QB positions. Still need a LB. Looks like rounds 4-7 will be more project type players. Bills can't afford to miss anymore if they are intent on building through the draft. Reaching in rounds 2 through 7 just won't cut it. More of the same as far as I am concerned.

I agree it's been a good day. But if you think our line isn't that bad, you're wrong. Our line sucks. It's horrible. And we need tackle help.

Our O-line got our top attention last year and we came away with Wood and Levitre who played well. Did our line need more help, like a LT? Sure. The Bills have much work ahead of them to get the O-Line better and I hope they keep pursuing help for

it, even after the draft.

Yet, did you see teams run on the Bills last year? There existed a huge need to upgrade our DL as well. Stroud played poorly, and Kelsay flat out stunk, particularly against the run. Williams you say? I like him, but for every play he made, a dozen plays went by before he was heard from again. He plays hard, and his effort is never at question, but this game is about results and he is not the kind of player who can consistently take on multiple blockers. Williams (to me) belongs in a 4-3 and with our switch to a 3-4, his value to the Bills dropped. He is also not a DE or will he ever be one.

Buffalo had to get bigger on the DL and they have. They also got two of the strongest guys (and no, they're not Lief Larson

types) at positions of need. Splashy? No. Likely solid picks? Yes.

Besides, with our 1st, we made quick a "splash" already.

i like your attitude- i wish i could fall in line with it. i still think it's horseshit we wasted the 9th pick on one of the few positions where we already have productive player. i hate the spiller pick and i think it will come back to haunt us.

but hopefully these two kids we got tonight can play, because we need their help.

I respectfully disagree about the Spiller pick. Just to get Lynch out of the way, it is obvious Nix and Gailey just do not like him for their own reasons and he will probably not be on the team this year. In 2-3 years when we hope to be a contender, Jackson will be 32-33 yrs old and near the end of his career. I know we have other needs but Spiller could be a star player in this league.

as you have said yourself "we already have PRODUCTIVE player"' Spiller goes beyond a "productive player" he is a game changer. i didn't expect Spiller at this point but i know that he makes our offense and special teams better in a big way. you will "fall in line" and its not "horseshit" or a "waste" this kid is extremely dangerous! having said that i would like to believe Nix and hope we can keep Lynch....just imagine the possibilities!!!!

For the first time in years, i think we can say we are headed in the right direction. Many people expect us to be good overnight..well, it doesnt work that way. We just got 3 SOLID PLAYERS in the draft, and if you look at the offseason, we havent lost anybody important to our team. GO BILLS! GO NIX!

Blah! Same ole/Same ole blah! blah, blah, blah, ....QB's take time to develop so you need to find your franchise QB pretty quick in this leaugue. It takes time for them to adjust to the speed of the NFL and understand the playbook. If we don't get

a potential Franchise QB this year which QB's of caliber are getting very thin in this draft it's a bad sign for the future!

QB- We had our chances to pick our flavor and passed !!! But we did get a DE for the 3rd year in a row who is mediocre..

not bad, but not a lock at being a starter anytime soon!

First it was Chris Ellis, who we retain, but he rarely plays!

Last year it was the undersized Aaron Maybing....who was a

non-impact player and barely played.

Now, what does it say about our confidence in those two players

if we are drafting another DE within the first 3 rounds for the

3rd year in a row?? Solution should've been: Orakapo last yr!

OT- We had our chances to pick Brian Bulaga or other

well documented OT's !!! Instead we selected a RB who although is potentially great....

that fishpond was already well stocked with Fred Jackson, and

M. Lych. If you denounce Lynch's talent and think he should be

gone then it's also apparent that the Bills feel differently and

want to keep him! So, why a position of strength when you have

so many holes. If they get a 4th or lesser draft pick for Lynch

then that just further proves the ineptness of this organization

to draft well!

DT-We really needed one and selected I had him as the 10th best DT in the draft and I think the Bills

one that was projected pretty low depending could've got better value at that point in the draft. Remember

on the source. Bruce Campbell OT is still on the board and some had him as

a low first or early second rounder.

SO WHAT'S THE OVERVIEW HERE?? We passed on quality OT's and quality QB's and that is one of many reasons

why this organization will continue to be mediocre at best !! At least the teams that didn't pick too many players high in

draft like New England realize that they better stockpile some picks as we well know not every pick makes it in this leaugue. So you can draft like New England and stockpile and find some gems, or RECOGNIZE talent like Polian does and

draft specific players like Indy does, or you can be like the Bills and surprise everyone including your fans by purposely

addressing key positions that need to be addressed and playing cutsie when it comes to reaching for players because

the Bills draft board is quite a bit different than what the other teams have the players projected at. When it comes

down to it we'll probably pick some barely marginal QB like J. Skelton who will barely offer any competition to Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm in the Pre-season QB competition during training QB. Some organizations have a committment

to excellence and we have a committment to being a bad joke and poorly run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

OK.

Well, like Nix said...which guy is going to come in NOW and help turn it around?

No knock on Mr. Cody, but Spiller is a dynamite pick and we grabbed a spectacular NT with our second pick. Troup is no slouch.

Blah! Same ole/Same ole blah! blah, blah, blah, ....QB's take time to develop so you need to find your franchise QB pretty quick in this leaugue. It takes time for them to adjust to the speed of the NFL and understand the playbook. If we don't get

a potential Franchise QB this year which QB's of caliber are getting very thin in this draft it's a bad sign for the future!

QB- We had our chances to pick our flavor and passed !!! But we did get a DE for the 3rd year in a row who is mediocre..

well documented OT's !!! Instead we selected a RB who although is potentially great....

to draft well!

DT-We really needed one and selected I had him as the 10th best DT in the draft and I think the Bills

one that was projected pretty low depending could've got better value at that point in the draft. Remember

SO WHAT'S THE OVERVIEW HERE?? We passed on quality OT's and quality QB's and that is one of many reasons

why this organization will continue to be mediocre at best !! At least the teams that didn't pick too many players high in

draft like New England realize that they better stockpile some picks as we well know not every pick makes it in this leaugue. So you can draft like New England and stockpile and find some gems, or RECOGNIZE talent like Polian does and

draft specific players like Indy does, or you can be like the Bills and surprise everyone including your fans by purposely

addressing key positions that need to be addressed and playing cutsie when it comes to reaching for players because

the Bills draft board is quite a bit different than what the other teams have the players projected at. When it comes

down to it we'll probably pick some barely marginal QB like J. Skelton who will barely offer any competition to Edwards, Fitzpatrick, and Brohm in the Pre-season QB competition during training QB. Some organizations have a committment

to excellence and we have a committment to being a bad joke and poorly run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I applaud your commitment to complaining.

why this organization will continue to be mediocre at best !! ..... Some organizations have a committment

Boo Frickety Hoo. Get over yourself. You think we're going to solve this all in one year? Those great QB's you liked lasted into the 3nd and 3rd round for a reason. They're not franchise guys. We needed to get bigger and stronger on the D-line to stop the run for once. I think we did that. We need to address tackle and QB. We can't do it all in a year.

As for Spiller. We finally have ONE player on the roster who opponents may actually fear. The kid is a game changer and maybe the one weapon we have that defenses have to plan against. He can run, catch, return and score from anyplace on the field. That, buddy, is a damn good draft so far. We are far behind the rest of the division, but with draft, we are turning the corner.

Versus folks like you giving the Kiper's of the world way too much? Not sure how that logic stands up...

What are you talking about? Where do you see that I mentioned Kiper?

This draft cannot be judged for at least two years from now. Please stop giving Nix credit for a great draft so far.

to draft well!

are you done now? it's good to get it out. other than wanting orakpo last year, don't agree with much you said, but maybe now you can go on with life.

you had troupe rated as the 10th best DT. are you qualified to make a determination like that? better sign up to be a bills scout then

....and maybe our franchise qb is already on the roster and has been developing for 2 years already and will be ready to play this year.

Blah! Same ole/Same ole blah! blah.............to excellence and we have a committment to being a bad joke and poorly run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Good God, man. You know your posts are too long if they need chapters. Brevity - learn it. Love it.

We got the best guy in this draft to do just that, hold ground and maintain his gap and not get moved.

I never understand this line of thinking.

"Hey everyone! We got the best NT in the draft!"

Compared to what?

At some point, some guy is leaving an empty bar at 4 a.m. with a coked up Lyndsey Lohan yelling "Hey everyone! I'm scoring with the hottest chick in the bar!"

Just because someone is considered the best at his position in the draft doesn't mean jackschitt if everyone else at that position sucks just slightly more than him.

But I dig your optimism, Ice. It provides the perfect backdrop for the rest of your comments when we're 1-4 heading into a bye. :thumbsup::w00t: