Inappropriate Crucifix?

WWVaBeach

But not the people that worship the icon of a man being tortured to death, while they symbolically practice ritual cannibalism. They have higher standards.

:w00t::bag:

If you've ever drank his blood you'd know that dude was wasted!!! (inspired by Peter Griffin)

Well I guess it's settled. Jesus was African.

B-)

I hope your sarcasm button was on.....

Set to low. I was raised Catholic, I know what the Holy Eucharist and the Crucifix mean in Catholic doctrine.

I also know the Roman cross was a torture device, and partaking of someone's "body and blood" is cannibalistic...and that the crucifix in question in this thread is consistent with Christian iconography from the High Middle Ages. People simply have little clue about the history, heritage, and content of their religious beliefs.

Set to low. I was raised Catholic, I know what the Holy Eucharist and the Crucifix mean in Catholic doctrine.

I also know the Roman cross was a torture device, and partaking of someone's "body and blood" is cannibalistic...and that the crucifix in question in this thread is consistent with Christian iconography from the High Middle Ages. People simply have little clue about the history, heritage, and content of their religious beliefs.

You are again, as usual, exactly right on this.

Beauty, like faith is in the eye or heart of the beholder.

Observe Botticelli's "Birth of Venus" - an unquestioned masterpiece of the Renaissance - and note that the supreme master artist of line completely ignores the natural proportions of the human body. Her neck is far too long as are her arms and legs for his Venus to be representative of a real woman's form. Her shoulders slope in a decidedly unnatural manner, yet - the overall effect is that to most... she's beautiful.