Inappropriate Crucifix?

WWVaBeach

Right, as if any of you, given JC's magical powers, wouldn't give yourself a huge crank. I mean once you figure out you can turn water to wine, taking care of Mr Happy is the logical progression.

Good point, but I would have spent more time on the water to wine thing myself.

on a serious note...if you read the article and then searched for other examples of the San Damiano cross, all have what is "perceived" in this one...I have to admit though, that this example seems a bit more pronounced than others. JMO.

Set to low. I was raised Catholic, I know what the Holy Eucharist and the Crucifix mean in Catholic doctrine.

I also know the Roman cross was a torture device, and partaking of someone's "body and blood" is cannibalistic...and that the crucifix in question in this thread is consistent with Christian iconography from the High Middle Ages. People simply have little clue about the history, heritage, and content of their religious beliefs.

...and Mass itself is a ritual, spell or incantation, which ever one you prefer to use. That's not my objection to the faith just my understanding of the "mechanics" for lack of a better word.