Big Ben - Pitt Listening to Offers

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here.

He was a (*^*&%^$^#for riding his unhelmeted head into a car, but the car did pull out in front of him. Nobody knows what happened with these two girls. I am the last person to blame the victim. But it's always a possibility that some claims could very well be embellished. There's no question alcohol was involved, and there's no question Ben acted foolishly. He's been very lucky thus far in all of these incidents that he isn't dead or charged as a criminal.

Regardless, I'd take the first competant QB in Orchard Park since 1996. It's not right, it's not wrong, it's sports business. Win games sell tickets sell shirts profit. Good players required.

The NFL's ultimate good guy, Marvin Harrison, made a huge mistake (alledgedly shot a man) but wasn't charged criminally due to lack of evidence. If he was 27, he'd still be on the Colts or would be the hottest trade prospect out there. Not right, not wrong, just sports business.

looks like Bills homers are sinking to new lows

usually they don't fawn all over criminals until they have been acquired by the Bills

but now they are willing to deify other team's trash before the trade

Instead of "hiding your sister and nieces" why don't you just keep them out of frat parties and bars???/ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????...one, the kid is a straight up punk...but so was Jim Kelly...those that were comparing Clausen to Kelly have issues, Clausen is a b*tch...but Big Ben is comparable to JK...and I think they'd get along awesomely...if the steelers are serious about moving Ben, which they are sooooooo not serious about it...the Bills need to get on that horn and make it happen...

Dude, you're embarassing yourself. Stop.

Same here.

He was a (*^*&%^$^#for riding his unhelmeted head into a car, but the car did pull out in front of him. Nobody knows what happened with these two girls. I am the last person to blame the victim. But it's always a possibility that some claims could very well be embellished. There's no question alcohol was involved, and there's no question Ben acted foolishly. He's been very lucky thus far in all of these incidents that he isn't dead or charged as a criminal.

Regardless, I'd take the first competant QB in Orchard Park since 1996. It's not right, it's not wrong, it's sports business. Win games sell tickets sell shirts profit. Good players required.

The NFL's ultimate good guy, Marvin Harrison, made a huge mistake (alledgedly shot a man) but wasn't charged criminally due to lack of evidence. If he was 27, he'd still be on the Colts or would be the hottest trade prospect out there. Not right, not wrong, just sports business.

In the grand scheme of things, football fandom is very unimportant. Self respect, however, is.

Already posted, yes ... but worth posting again, and the only one who should be sorry is Roethlisberger.

+1

Instead of "hiding your sister and nieces" why don't you just keep them out of frat parties and bars???/ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????...one, the kid is a straight up punk...but so was Jim Kelly...those that were comparing Clausen to Kelly have issues, Clausen is a b*tch...but Big Ben is comparable to JK...and I think they'd get along awesomely...if the steelers are serious about moving Ben, which they are sooooooo not serious about it...the Bills need to get on that horn and make it happen...

Dude, you're embarassing yourself. Stop.

What he said. Shut the hell up, CS.

I'll never forgot draft day 2004, I HAD (stupid 2010 draft) an annual poker game with a group of friends and I was psyched about Big Ben, after the Big Eli\RiversQB trade there wasn't anyone that was expected to be in the QB Market. Jax had Leftwitch, Houston had Carr, Jets had Pennington, and the Steelers had Tommy Maddox coming off of a good year.

I was talking about how this Big Ben was as big or bigger than a LB and has a great arm, he played in cold weather he is going to turn the Bills franchise around.

One of the guys was a big steelers fan, I was in the middle of my diatribe when the Steelers pick went to the podium.

I almost **** myself when I heard Roethlisberger's name . My friend started pointing and laughing immediately.

He still texts me, "Tell me again about Roethlisberger" to THIS DAY!

He can rape my whole family if the Bills get two Lombardi trophies.

Assuming you're not kidding, you're a horrible !@#$ing human being.

The story in Sixburgh keeps getting worse for Ben.......

I'm watching the 11:00 news in The Burgh. Moms aren't letting their kids wear Ben jerseys, other fans are burning their jerseys. One of the policeman who was photographed with Ben the night of the Georgia incident resigned. More details from the police report that make Ben look even worse came out, and the local news is carrying them non-stop.

The Rooney's/Steelers are "carefully watching the public backlash". One newscast called this an "unprecedented situation for Steelers Nation" with the fans who live for the black and gold criticizing the team and its qb. Hines Ward said Roethlisberger "dropped the ball." The Ben story was the lead news story on all three network affiliates and got about the first 8 minutes of each newscast - almost all negative.

After 10 years of dreck on the field, I'm used to Bills fans openly criticizing the Bills en masse. In the time I have lived in Pittsburgh I have never seen the locals express this kind of negativity towards the Steelers.

All this, coupled with Art Rooney's non-answer today when asked if Ben was on the block really has me thinking that what would have been unthinkable a week or so ago. The Steelers might really try and trade Ben between now and the draft. Many in the sports media think Rooney's statement that "we have not discussed a trade with any other team" was an invitation to other teams to make an offer.

Based on what I've seen here the last three days, my prediction is that Ben's playing for someone else be end of first round of the draft, but it won't be Buffalo. (Not necessarily because the Bills won't try, but their No 9 pick and lack of talent on the roster won't give them enough to give the Steelers the value they will want).

i could see seattle being the team big ben is sent to. the two first round picks and maybe sending hasselback in return. i dont know how a team would justify the trade to its fanbase though. imo right now the guy is untradeable.

I really don't know about that. In NYC, I see quite often how obsessed with celebs and starf*cking girls really are. It really is ridiculous. I'm not trying to blame the girl, but merely to point out that there are many sides to every story, especially where all parties have been drinking for several hours. So, I would really not want to jump to conclusions; we are not likely to ever know the truth regarding either incident.

If it smells like ,well you know the rest. :bag:

The story in Sixburgh keeps getting worse for Ben.......

I'm watching the 11:00 news in The Burgh. Moms aren't letting their kids wear Ben jerseys, other fans are burning their jerseys. One of the policeman who was photographed with Ben the night of the Georgia incident resigned. More details from the police report that make Ben look even worse came out, and the local news is carrying them non-stop.

The Rooney's/Steelers are "carefully watching the public backlash". One newscast called this an "unprecedented situation for Steelers Nation" with the fans who live for the black and gold criticizing the team and its qb. Hines Ward said Roethlisberger "dropped the ball." The Ben story was the lead news story on all three network affiliates and got about the first 8 minutes of each newscast - almost all negative.

After 10 years of dreck on the field, I'm used to Bills fans openly criticizing the Bills en masse. In the time I have lived in Pittsburgh I have never seen the locals express this kind of negativity towards the Steelers.

All this, coupled with Art Rooney's non-answer today when asked if Ben was on the block really has me thinking that what would have been unthinkable a week or so ago. The Steelers might really try and trade Ben between now and the draft. Many in the sports media think Rooney's statement that "we have not discussed a trade with any other team" was an invitation to other teams to make an offer.

Based on what I've seen here the last three days, my prediction is that Ben's playing for someone else be end of first round of the draft, but it won't be Buffalo. (Not necessarily because the Bills won't try, but their No 9 pick and lack of talent on the roster won't give them enough to give the Steelers the value they will want).

Maybe there is a place in the Raider's organization or if that can't happen, maybe he will end up in the CFL or Arena league. :bag:

Surprised that she didn't put up a bigger fight per her complaint. Her statement that we shouldn't be doing this seems coyish. Not giving any props to ben but it looks like a money grab played some part in this too.

Exactly. The main reason the DA didn't press on. You know in hearbeat, if she wanted to be cooperative and press charges, Ben would have ben dragged to criminal court. The DA probably had a very good case... Just not with an uncooperative victim.

i could see seattle being the team big ben is sent to. the two first round picks and maybe sending hasselback in return. i dont know how a team would justify the trade to its fanbase though. imo right now the guy is untradeable.

You did see Seattle trade for Whitehurst and then sign him didn't you? This has raider nation written all over it. They need someone to throw to those speedy WRs and Ben is the guy, change of scenery from small town PA to LA.

Surprised that she didn't put up a bigger fight per her complaint. Her statement that we shouldn't be doing this seems coyish. Not giving any props to ben but it looks like a money grab played some part in this too.

Roethlisberger is a professional athlete who lifts weights every day and weighs 240 pounds, and she's so drunk that her initial written statement is almost impossible to read. Is it really that surprising?

As of yesterday, most of the Pittsburgh media speculation was 1 or 2 games. Given the details that keep coming out form the police reports, and the increasing fan backlash locally, talk radio this morning was calling for probably 3 or 4 games.

Given that a 4 game suspension has been the max for repeat offenders with charges filed against them (Pacman Jones for instance), and that Ben was not charged, most of the talking heads don't think it can or will be more than 4.