Big Ben - Pitt Listening to Offers

I whole heartedly agree with one minor clarification:

Just say no to "convicted" dog killers and rapists!

Consider "accused but never charged" dog killers and rapists! :D

Just say no to dog killers and rapists. :w00t:

You two are nuts if you compare killings dogs to raping a women..LMAO...So you put those on the same level, so if someone raped your daughter and someone killed your dog you'd have to think about who to attend to first your dog or your daughter...that there is a problem...I love my dog but my family comes first...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills trade for Big Ben, giving up their #9 pick plus something next year.

Rothlesberger refuses to report...misses most of camp

Ben finally reports after the Bills renegotiate his contract.

He's arrested for assaulting a woman in a Chippawa St bar.

He's suspended for the season by the NFL pending his trial.

Fans complain that the Bills never make any bold deals to improve the team.

PTR

FWIW, Steelers president Art Rooney II will talk to the media at 2:30 p.m. Guessing the team wants to get their position out ahead of any potential discipline from the league; I wouldn't be shocked to see them issue their own suspension.

id go as far as to include people that kill or rape humans also....

:w00t:

:lol:You know what I meant!!! :D

You two are nuts if you compare killings dogs to raping a women..LMAO...So you put those on the same level, so if someone raped your daughter and someone killed your dog you'd have to think about who to attend to first your dog or your daughter...that there is a problem...I love my dog but my family comes first...

Where am I comparing dog killing to rape? I merely was saying that I don't want Vick or BR here. I don't believe I equated them at all, JMO.

Here is what I do not get, bear with me. The guy was pretty much falsely accused the first time in Tahoe. There were emails from her to her managers and co-workers saying she was going to try and get with Big Ben when he was staying at the hotel. She then files a civil suit a YEAR later, saying she wants X amount of money because she was some how violated. He turns around files a defamation of character and it all goes away.

Now Georgia, not sure what happened and the only one who really knows are Ben and the girl. They had been drinking all night and did something she seriously regretted or Ben took advantage of her. Either way it is not right but we really do not know what happened. Is Ben a world class D-Bag for putting himself in this situation? Absolutely. But the episode in Tahoe really has no bearing on this GA incident. He was blatantly falsely accused over a year later by a desk clerk looking to get some easy cash.

If he did assault this girl, then he got away with it or the investigators in GA seriously dropped the ball as well as the state attorney's office. Now would I want him QBing my team? Without a doubt! The guy is a winner, plain and simple.

I'll use an insurance analogy.

Many people are under the impression that their policy will be cancelled for submitting too many claims. This is not correct.

The issue is simply this...as a company looks forward with respect to it's rules, pricing and expenses, it's trying to determine the propsensity for future losses. One area they look at---your loss history. There's no hard feelings about the losses in the past, but why would they want to move into the future knowing you're pretty likely to be dramatically under-priced relative to what all your non-claim clients will be paying?

Where BR is concerned, I'd think the Steelers are rightly concerned about his propensity for future issues. Truthfully, they may have anecdotal evidence that he did exactly what he was alleged to have done, rumors, anecdotes etc. They may think he dodged a bullet, they may think he's just a young guy in the wrong palce at the wrong time (twice)~~~but the real question is "What's the next shoe to drop?". Somewhere along the line, BR is free to make his own decisions in life--that's his right. But he sure seems to get himself into a few jams along the way, and he doesn't seem to make great decisions that take into consideration waht would seem to be an obvious target on his back.

Jim Kelly was no altar boy when he first came to Buffalo, and certainly is no altar boy now. What he did do, somewhere along the line, was figure out that Jim Kelly "Buffalo Bills HOF Qb and Franchise-maker" was much more lucrative than Jim Kelly "I love threesomes". You have to credit the guy for figuring that out.

We'll see how it plays out with Rothly, but I'd bet the Steelers and Rooney's are figuring they made it before BR, they'll survive long after he's gone, and just what additional splotches will they tarnish the gold and black with going forward?

Has it not occurred to anyone that this is nothing but a PR smokescreen by the Steelers? Their handling of Holmes' situation raised a number of questions as to whether there is a double standard in Pittsburgh. You can argue that a double standard doesn't exist, but the fact is that the issue is in the public consciousness either way. If I were advising the Steelers on PR, I'd tell them they need to at least make it LOOK like they would trade Ben since they were so all-fired about trading Holmes. They can always say "nobody offered us what we think a 2-time SB-winning QB on the low side of 30 is worth -- even if he IS a scumbag -- so we didn't trade him."

While highly unlikely, don't be totally surprised if a Ben trade happened. I live in Pittsburgh, and since the Georgia DA gave the details of the events, I'd say the overwhelming majority of Steelers fans who have called in to various talk radio shows (both news based shows and sports talk shows) either support, or could live with a Roethlisberger trade. No team official has yet to come out and publicly support Ben. A local company pulled a sponsorship deal. Last night, at a highly visible dinner where he was awarded "Citizen of the Year", Steeler's owner Dan Rooney (also US Ambassador to Ireland) said he had no comment when asked if he supported Ben. The fact that he offered absolutely no inkling of support for Roethlisberger speaks volumes. He is considered one of the beloved and respected men in Pittsburgh. (A year ago when the Vegas scandal came out, Rooney and Tomlin were present and supportive when Ben held his press conference on that incident).

I said in a post yesterday that as much as Bills fans bleed red, white and blue, Steelers fans devotion to the team (as opposed to any player) is remarkable. The City paints the friggin' fire hydrants black and gold! Ben has embarrassed the Rooney's, the Steelers and the City of Pittsburgh. The fans here are not stupid. They know a QB with Ben's talents are rare, but the vast majority of Pittsburghers have enough personal and civic pride that they currently find the thought of this guy being the face of the Steelers and the City nauseating. Local Steeler sports columnists have said over the past few days that the possibility of trading Roethlisberger, while unthinkable even this past weekend, is now something the Steelers are, and should be considering.

Even before this latest scandal, Roethlisberger was regarding as an arrogant jerk by many who had come in contact with him. Since the Georgia story first broke, there have been almost daily stories emerging of local encounters where the guy came off as borish, arrogant or rude. Obviously, winning 2 Super Bowls in 5 years bought him a lot of acceptance. But most people were fine seperating Ben the jerk, from Ben the Super Bowl winning QB. With the exception of the most die-hard Steeler fans and Ben supporters, this latest episode and the graphic details that came out have eroded people's willingness to compartmentalize the QB vs. the Jerk (and possible rapist). His demeanor and appearance (greasy mullet / golf shirt) at his statement Tuesday night was viewed by many as indicative that he still does not get it. (He apparently got it before meeting with Goodell yesterday as he was sporting a new suit and haircut less than 12 hours later).

Again, I don't think it will happen. But in the best interest of the Bills, I have been quietly pushing a "BANISH BEN TO BUFFALO" trade rumor. Some will ask what's the difference between Ben being the face of the Bills and the face of the Steelers. It' simple - the Bills have done enough to embarrass themselves the past 10 years. They have also been willing to deviate from their "character guy" philosophy on lesser talents. My feeling is if they're going to go for a guy with character issues, go for a franchise QB like Ben. (If it were to happen, I would just make sure my sister and nieces stay away from any of the places he is likely to hang out).

Reality check - when the commotion dies down, the Steelers will most likely come to that same conclusion and Ben won't be going anywhere.

I heard about half the DA presser - I just happened to turn on espn radio. I haven't caught much else this week, as I've been too busy..........What was the impression that you are implying in this post?.........The one thing that hit me was that the DA kept saying "the victim" and not something like "the alleged victim"

I heard about half the DA presser - I just happened to turn on espn radio. I haven't caught much else this week, as I've been too busy..........What was the impression that you are implying in this post?.........The one thing that hit me was that the DA kept saying "the victim" and not something like "the alleged victim"

My impression, and most of the Pittsburgh sports media has said the same thing, is that the DA basically said "something happened, I don't have enough evidence to prove it in court"

The following post contains a lot of the local sentiment. I don't vouch for the source, but I'm hearing similiar stories from multiple media outlets.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/big-ben-to-girls...-my-shots-28034

Now I am curious -- it sounds like the steelers will be suspending him -- IF that is true, the league stance is typically no further action. now IF that is true and IF he were traded, what would the league do? Do you think they would step in and suspend?

I whole heartedly agree with one minor clarification:

Just say no to "convicted" dog killers and rapists!

Consider "accused but never charged" dog killers and rapists! :rolleyes:

Cannot see Buddy Nix going for something like this. but what the heck, Throw something out there and see if it sticks. A third round pick maybe. Doubt it happens here.

The guy has baggage. Put him together with Marshawn and they would scare any pedestrian within 100 miles of their vehicle. car or cycle.

Instead of "hiding your sister and nieces" why don't you just keep them out of frat parties and bars???/ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????...one, the kid is a straight up punk...but so was Jim Kelly...those that were comparing Clausen to Kelly have issues, Clausen is a b*tch...but Big Ben is comparable to JK...and I think they'd get along awesomely...if the steelers are serious about moving Ben, which they are sooooooo not serious about it...the Bills need to get on that horn and make it happen...

Instead of "hiding your sister and nieces" why don't you just keep them out of frat parties and bars???/ hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????...one, the kid is a straight up punk...but so was Jim Kelly...those that were comparing Clausen to Kelly have issues, Clausen is a b*tch...but Big Ben is comparable to JK...and I think they'd get along awesomely...if the steelers are serious about moving Ben, which they are sooooooo not serious about it...the Bills need to get on that horn and make it happen...

You're either kidding, or you think it's cool for someone pushing 30 to troll in college bars. Time for Big Ben to grow up.

Just listened to Art Rooney presser......

He didn't say much, but..............

1. Ben will face discipline which will be coordinated between Steelers and NFL Commish (to be announced after NFL Draft) and

2. Steelers do not discuss specific trades (more importantly..he DID NOT DENY when asked if Steelers were looking to trade Ben).

His exact words were: "At this point, we have not discussed a trade with any other club".

Read into it what you want. Steeler talk radio is already taking it to mean Ben is on the block.

My impression, and most of the Pittsburgh sports media has said the same thing, is that the DA basically said "something happened, I don't have enough evidence to prove it in court"

The following post contains a lot of the local sentiment. I don't vouch for the source, but I'm hearing similiar stories from multiple media outlets.

http://sportsbybrooks.com/big-ben-to-girls...-my-shots-28034

Thanks!