Big Ben - Pitt Listening to Offers

You dont' know much about their owners do you? They put more of an imporance on Character than anything and this is twice now his ass has embarrassed the franchise.

Someone offers enough, he will be traded, you can bet on that.

They already did, by sending Holmes to the Jets...that was the message from the Steelers.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumblings here are that it would take two first rounders (or a first rounder and a first round caliber player) for any serious consideration to begin. In my opinion, if I'm the Steelers, that makes sense.

One experienced 2 time Super Bowl winning QB age 28 /in his prime = at least 2 first round players

Ok you can have Trent Edwards( he not a bills Fan)

Marshawn Lynch ( former 1st rounder) plus thug life actions

Donte Whitner (former 1st rounder), plus he could fill in when Troy gets hurt, which he will....

Chris Kelsey.... on the trade block again lol

this years third round pick.

If that doesn't get ER done well I tried. lol

Here is what I do not get, bear with me. The guy was pretty much falsely accused the first time in Tahoe. There were emails from her to her managers and co-workers saying she was going to try and get with Big Ben when he was staying at the hotel. She then files a civil suit a YEAR later, saying she wants X amount of money because she was some how violated. He turns around files a defamation of character and it all goes away.

Now Georgia, not sure what happened and the only one who really knows are Ben and the girl. They had been drinking all night and did something she seriously regretted or Ben took advantage of her. Either way it is not right but we really do not know what happened. Is Ben a world class D-Bag for putting himself in this situation? Absolutely. But the episode in Tahoe really has no bearing on this GA incident. He was blatantly falsely accused over a year later by a desk clerk looking to get some easy cash.

If he did assault this girl, then he got away with it or the investigators in GA seriously dropped the ball as well as the state attorney's office. Now would I want him QBing my team? Without a doubt! The guy is a winner, plain and simple.

I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

Same here.

He was a (*^*&%^$^#for riding his unhelmeted head into a car, but the car did pull out in front of him. Nobody knows what happened with these two girls. I am the last person to blame the victim. But it's always a possibility that some claims could very well be embellished. There's no question alcohol was involved, and there's no question Ben acted foolishly. He's been very lucky thus far in all of these incidents that he isn't dead or charged as a criminal.

Regardless, I'd take the first competant QB in Orchard Park since 1996. It's not right, it's not wrong, it's sports business. Win games sell tickets sell shirts profit. Good players required.

The NFL's ultimate good guy, Marvin Harrison, made a huge mistake (alledgedly shot a man) but wasn't charged criminally due to lack of evidence. If he was 27, he'd still be on the Colts or would be the hottest trade prospect out there. Not right, not wrong, just sports business.

Ok you can have Trent Edwards( he not a bills Fan)

Marshawn Lynch ( former 1st rounder) plus thug life actions

Donte Whitner (former 1st rounder), plus he could fill in when Troy gets hurt, which he will....

Chris Kelsey.... on the trade block again lol

this years third round pick.

If that doesn't get ER done well I tried. lol

I think I can hear the Stiller's response -

"Let us get back to ya on that one" :w00t:

Here is what I do not get, bear with me. The guy was pretty much falsely accused the first time in Tahoe. There were emails from her to her managers and co-workers saying she was going to try and get with Big Ben when he was staying at the hotel. She then files a civil suit a YEAR later, saying she wants X amount of money because she was some how violated. He turns around files a defamation of character and it all goes away.

Now Georgia, not sure what happened and the only one who really knows are Ben and the girl. They had been drinking all night and did something she seriously regretted or Ben took advantage of her. Either way it is not right but we really do not know what happened. Is Ben a world class D-Bag for putting himself in this situation? Absolutely. But the episode in Tahoe really has no bearing on this GA incident. He was blatantly falsely accused over a year later by a desk clerk looking to get some easy cash.

If he did assault this girl, then he got away with it or the investigators in GA seriously dropped the ball as well as the state attorney's office. Now would I want him QBing my team? Without a doubt! The guy is a winner, plain and simple.

You just don't get it. You see, we have to win now and we need to do so with talent that is almost choirboy like. Nevermind we don't know all the facts or that he was never charged.

Ben seems to be putting himself and others in harms way, no doubt. That said, LE and a #1 or two #1's is all it would take?

Sign me up. I'm interested in winning.

I whole heartedly agree with one minor clarification:

Just say no to "convicted" dog killers and rapists!

Consider "accused but never charged" dog killers and rapists! :w00t:

That is bull ****. I woul consider Vick before Ben. Vick paid his debt to society. Ben found way out of it for second. Something you or I would not be able to do.

I can't believe so many people here would actually support this. I want nothing to do with that dirtbag. If the Bills were to trade for him, I would be done with them. It would not make us win anyway. Ben is not that great. The system in Pittsburgh makes the team successful.

I would think if feelers were being sent out, having Doug Whaley on board is a good thing.

Agree. I would think with Whaley's connection to the Steelers, at the very least a call has been made. But as stated in my original post, the Steelers aren't stupid. If Ben goes somewhere, it will be for a king's ransom.

so conflicted. Would love to see a player of his ability here but I dont think I can handle routing for him.

Good point! The morality is definitely lacking in several if not many players in the N.F.L., but then again that goes for our society in General. When I lived in Iceland..(seriously) the people there were very honest. Mothers would park the stroller with baby in front of a little store, set the wheel brake, go in the store, do a little shopping, come out get baby and go without blinking! Try doing that in our wonderful country...

The NFL players is just a micrcosim of what we see in young people today. Everyone (well not everyone but many) feel "entitled"...entitled to break the law and speed, entitled to parking in handicap zones, entitled to break the law because

it's their world and they are above the law. Pull out the IPhone..I pad whatever...organize "my life", my world! Just sit in

front of Tim Hortons for an hour around 8 a.m. and analyze...Watch people hurrying in the parking lot..while on the cell phone or texting...Hurrying, and trying to beat the next guy to the drive thru..at all costs! If I'm crossing I'd better move

because that yuppy girl on the cell, and fixing her hair will run me down if I slow down "her world"...These NFL players are the same way..it's a business..it's all about them...Bruce Smith can get arrested for DWI 3 times and end up with community service and a 100. dollar fine!! Society allows it...Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly was no angel just because he is popular..I met him and love him as a player..in person he was a total 100% complete blipaty blip to me...It was Vick...It was this guy or that guy...now Rothlesberger again! There is little integrity in sports anymore..heck some refs (was it basketball??) even helped fix games! If your a sports fan you have no control...if you follow it like I do..then you have to

wear blinders, because when you think of the greed! and the criminals that are in the sportsworld you'd get sick to your

stomach! So, from a sports perspective I hope the Bills try to acquire Rothlesberger even though I disapprove if he committed an offense that I find atrocious. It's not necessarily going to be any better by having another character in his place. Look at Lynch..He hit a woman with his car and left the scene. He's had illegal guns in his vehicle...etc...I will watch

with blinders and try to enjoy the game with a narrow mind otherwise I would be so disgusted that I would find something

else to do with my time!

So if you can get'em get Rothlesberger!

Everyone has their price but this won't happen.

How else do you put a scare in Ben's arrogant a$$.

I'd bet my empty wallet on it.

"F**k up one more time, Ben, and we're trading you to Buffalo!"

"Anything but that, Mr. Rooney. I'll be good, I promise."

PTR

Agree. I would think with Whaley's connection to the Steelers, at the very least a call has been made. But as stated in my original post, the Steelers aren't stupid. If Ben goes somewhere, it will be for a king's ransom.

I would definitely pay a "king's ransom" for Big Ben. As someone said earlier, I would trade this years 1st and 2011's 1st for a QB of Ben's caliber. Who cares about the accusations against him, so what he likes to go out and have fun. All it is, is gold-diggers trying to get money out of an insanely rich man. He would instantly make us into a playoff team and legitimate contender in the AFC East.