Bills offered McNabb an extension

This McNabb incident is no different than Shanahan and Cowher, no one currently worth a damn wants anything to do with Buffalo.

Now we will have to rebuild through the DRAFT and that is all there is to it. When we start getting competitive again, THEN we can add some Free agents worth a damn. Until then...it is what it is.

And I for one am sick of the bitching and whining about it. Many of us have said for years this is how it was and most drank the koolaid and stuck their heads in the sand. The Bills SUCK and Ralph isn't well thought of. That is all there is to it.

The other thing that pisses me off are the idiots that scream at Nix is doing nothing. Funny, he sent an offer to mcNabb and the eagles, McNabb didn't want to play here. There is nothing else Nix can do folks. the offer was made.

I for one am happy we are building through the draft. I am perfectly fine with it. Hell I say do away with free agency period. I feel it has wrecked the game for the fans. I want it the way it was pre 93 where you drafted a guy and had him his entire career if you wanted and there was nothing that could be done about it. THAT was when real dynasty's were in place.

I have thrown my support behind Nix and Gailey and am willing to give these guys time to get the thing turned around.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This McNabb incident is no different than Shanahan and Cowher, no one currently worth a damn wants anything to do with Buffalo.

Why do so many people in Buffalo have an inferiority complex? You're just as good as people from other cities! You can do anything if you set your mind to it!

It's a business. It was extreemly stupid to even take the chance of letting McNabb play you twice a year. It's just beyond dumb. Trade him out of the conference or at teh very least out of the division.

And even though there are a few good ones, i wish nothing but the worst for Eagles fans. They never gave McNabb the respect he deserved and wanted him to leave every year. I hope he owes them while he is on the Skins (who I also hate).

Exactly, thank you!!! :thumbsup::lol:

Bills playoff appearances in the last 10 years: zero

Redskins playoff appearances in the last 4 years: one

Redskins playoff WINS in the last 4 years: one

That's a major difference.

You know, if it was the Bills that made all these wild moves and FA signings and had THAT to show for it, I doubt Bills fans would be happy at all.

PTR

But...But... According to other threads they were to busy eating Easter Hams and spending times with their families to do this.

...And dont throw facts at them, facts are entirely fabrecated educated guesses :thumbsup:

Because that tardbot Eagles fan that was in a football uniform, "Shoulderpad S***head" is his name I believe. Throwing a tantrum on national tv when McNabb was drafted.

All the Eagle fans wanted Ricky Williams. They probably still do :thumbsup:

Gee thanks Capt. Obvious. I think some of us have been saying this for YEARS now, but the rabid fanbase won't believe it.

Lets see, Shanahan turns down 10 mill per, Cowher says no thanks, McNabb says no thanks....what else will it take for fans to get it?

We will have to make this team a winner through the DRAFT, THEN Free agents will want to come here.

There are free agents, and then there are free agents who are mega-multi-millionaires, guys who have been paid more than $50 million over the course of their career and haven't wasted it, and haven't ever won a title, and know they have just a very few years left to do so.

The second group, and McNabb is very much a member, won't come to Buffalo until we become a winner. However, free agents in that group aren't but maybe 2 or 3 percent of all FAs.

The first group, the overwhelming majority, will go to whichever team gives them the best contract.

Everyone already knows this. Why would you bother making a point of it, when it's self-evident.

Bills playoff appearances in the last 10 years: zero

Redskins playoff appearances in the last 4 years: one

Redskins playoff WINS in the last 4 years: one

That's a major difference.

So they caught lightening once. Whoppee

Take this to the bank. By Thanksgiving we will be looking at McNabb and saying "damn glad the Bills dodged that bullet".

I agree with that. A good GM makes it happen, he doesn't make excuses (a la Darcy Regier). However, I wouldn't want to give a 2nd and 3rd for a 33 year old QB, who couldn't win a Super Bowl in Philly where the talent around him was significantly better then Buffalo's.

I would have, unhappily, but with the strong conviction that neither Clausen nor Bradford was going to be here, it was the best thing for becoming competitive in the next two to three years.

Luckily for us, though, they traded him to the Skins, which means Clausen might drop to us. And that is a significantly better final result, because while odds of getting a successful QB are a bit lower (as they would be with any QB you draft), odds of lasting long enough to get us to a Super Bowl are much much higher.

Now we will have to rebuild through the DRAFT and that is all there is to it. When we start getting competitive again, THEN we can add some Free agents worth a damn. Until then...it is what it is.

And I for one am sick of the bitching and whining about it. Many of us have said for years this is how it was and most drank the koolaid and stuck their heads in the sand. The Bills SUCK and Ralph isn't well thought of. That is all there is to it.

The other thing that pisses me off are the idiots that scream at Nix is doing nothing. Funny, he sent an offer to mcNabb and the eagles, McNabb didn't want to play here. There is nothing else Nix can do folks. the offer was made.

I for one am happy we are building through the draft. I am perfectly fine with it. Hell I say do away with free agency period. I feel it has wrecked the game for the fans. I want it the way it was pre 93 where you drafted a guy and had him his entire career if you wanted and there was nothing that could be done about it. THAT was when real dynasty's were in place.

I have thrown my support behind Nix and Gailey and am willing to give these guys time to get the thing turned around.

I agree fully. Seasoned vets like McNabb are looking for a Super Bowl now and doesn't have time to rebuild. His priorities are different than some of the other vets. Most people who are coming to Buffalo are looking for 1 of 2 things - a chance to play or a big raise. McNabb, however, is bigger than most vets and can dictate where he wants to play (good QB's are hard to find). Most other positions are a lot more fungible. If the Bills were a team similar to the early 90's with a strong core of players, good vets loved to play in Buffalo (James Lofton, Bill Brooks, Art Still, etc.).

And they did right by him in the end. Reportedly there were better offers from Oakland and Buffalo but Philly chose to send McNabb to a division rival knowing full well that he could come back to haunt them.

Philly fans booed?

They booed a pick?

Oh the horror! A Buffalo fan would never to that.

McNabb is better off in Washington & if they get decent line play then Shanahan will extend his career by a couple years. To me that's a win.

So what, Eagles let McNabb go to a team he wanted to go to, but what have they done for him over the last 2 years...try to get rid of him.

Not only did Eagles boo a pick, they've been booing and bashing McNabb for years and wanting him out of town. Now, Philly fans have got their wish. Trading McNabb to a division rival was absolutely stupid. McNabb is already pissed at Eagles management & fans, so this gives him extra motivation to beat the Eagles twice a year. I also hope the Eagles bomb out and have a bad record next year, then Eagles fans will cry: "We miss McNabb, we should have never traded him". Let's see how many NFC Championship games the Eagles go back to without McNabb.

There are free agents, and then there are free agents who are mega-multi-millionaires, guys who have been paid more than $50 million over the course of their career and haven't wasted it, and haven't ever won a title, and know they have just a very few years left to do so.

The second group, and McNabb is very much a member, won't come to Buffalo until we become a winner. However, free agents in that group aren't but maybe 2 or 3 percent of all FAs.

The first group, the overwhelming majority, will go to whichever team gives them the best contract.

Everyone already knows this. Why would you bother making a point of it, when it's self-evident.

And these are probably the last guys you want. The Jason Peters-types looking for a big payday then goof off.

I think you're percentages are a little off. When you are a free agent you want to pick your spot. Most want to play for a contender. Most want to play in a city they will be happy in. Unfortunately that excludes Buffalo 9 times out of 10.

PTR

Not only did Eagles boo a pick, they've been booing and bashing McNabb for years and wanting him out of town.

Wow, just imagine if Bills fans did that to guys here!!

No self respecting Bills fan would ever root for Washington. I hope Philly crushes them next year and that whiner McNabb throws 10 picks.

Now we will have to rebuild through the DRAFT and that is all there is to it.

The other thing that pisses me off are the idiots that scream at Nix is doing nothing.

I for one am happy we are building through the draft. I am perfectly fine with it. Hell I say do away with free agency period.

You don't say......