UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at no point does Kelly in this article or to me say that, as you put it, "he thinks the Bills would win with Tebow." re-read the quotes that are attributed to Jim from the USA Today piece. they're very close to what he told me and one other reporter in January.

though he's talked up Tebow, he's never -- to my knowledge, and I could be wrong here -- ever suggested the "Bills Should Draft Tebow" or that he expects "Tebow to Turn the Bills Into Winners."

and he's not really said that he even WANTS Tebow.

let's not go too far here.

jw

Jim Kelly has stated on WGR that he can't fairly evaluate the qb prospects because he doesn't watch many college games. He said he is too busy with other interests to devote to scouting players.

Jim Kelly is on the franchise payroll primarily as a public relations person. His opinions on prospects should not be taken seriously because he is the first to admit that he is not very involved in that time consuming process.

"Kelly has been a vocal supporter of Tebow and has made it little secret he'd like to see the team draft him." I would ascertain from that statement that Kelly would want Tebow for his football abilities. He wouldn't want him if he didn't think they could win with him. Not saying I think Tebow will or won't be a winner, but it seems clear that Kelly likes the kid and would want him on the team.

what you quoted is what whomever wrote that piece wrote. however, it doesn't connect when you read the quotes attributed to Jim in this piece. at no time does he state that he would like to see the bills draft him. at no time.

jw

what you quoted is what whomever wrote that piece wrote. however, it doesn't connect when you read the quotes attributed to Jim in this piece. at no time does he state that he would like to see the bills draft him. at no time.

jw

Regardless, I betcha he gets drafted in the first round.

I think Jim Kelly sees a lot of himself in Tim Tebow (minus the partying and drinking). If Jim thinks the Bills would win with Tebow, let's draft the guy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=5037036

My question is, would Jim be willing to get involved in Tebow's development - maybe as Quarterbacks Coach or 'QB Consultant' - or would we be be better off bringing in a spread offense & QB guru like, oh, say...

Mike Leach

I'm not sure why Jim Kelly's opinion matters so much to people. The two people Tim Tebow needs to impress are Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey. Peter King already said Nix loves Tebow, and Gailey comes from a spread background, and had success with Thigpen in KC in 2008 in a spread, 1-read then run offense.

I think Tebow is probably higher on their list than a lot of us would like.

I'm not sure why Jim Kelly's opinion matters so much to people. The two people Tim Tebow needs to impress are Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey. Peter King already said Nix loves Tebow, and Gailey comes from a spread background, and had success with Thigpen in KC in 2008 in a spread, 1-read then run offense.

I agree.

Well said. I like Tebow and hope he does really well in the NFL.

But if Nix loves him and takes him at 9, then it's his head on the block if he busts out.

He's not gonna be available in the second round -- and I'd be willing to bet money on that.

So I've seen you state

& state

& state

&...

IF he is drafted in the 1st it will be the biggest fleecing since the Louisiana Purchase.

I'm sure he's high on Ralph's list too since he fits right into the 'short term hype that attracts easily duped fans instead of building a long term winner' style of running the franchise.

So I've seen you state

& state

& state

&...

IF he is drafted in the 1st it will be the biggest fleecing since the Louisiana Purchase.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. All it takes is just one team to bite. If there's a consensus that multiple teams would take him in the second (and that consensus appears to be forming), then some team is going to bite the bullet and get him in the first. He's a QB, not a LB or a safety, so I have a hard time seeing everyone hold out.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. All it takes is just one team to bite. If there's a consensus that multiple teams would take him in the second (and that consensus appears to be forming), then some team is going to bite the bullet and get him in the first. He's a QB, not a LB or a safety, so I have a hard time seeing everyone hold out.

I hope you're right in believing he goes in the first. I can't see any chance that the Bills waste a round 1 pick on him.

Well said. I like Tebow and hope he does really well in the NFL.

But if Nix loves him and takes him at 9, then it's his head on the block if he busts out.

If the Bills take Tebow at #9, me & my friends watching the draft, will have the same dumbfounded look that we did with the selections of Whitner & Maybin.

"Kelly has been a vocal supporter of Tebow and has made it little secret he'd like to see the team draft him." I would ascertain from that statement that Kelly would want Tebow for his football abilities. He wouldn't want him if he didn't think they could win with him. Not saying I think Tebow will or won't be a winner, but it seems clear that Kelly likes the kid and would want him on the team.

+1

I'm sure he's high on Ralph's list too since he fits right into the 'short term hype that attracts easily duped fans instead of building a long term winner' style of running the franchise.

Conspiracy theorist thinking. Come on people.