UPDATED: Tim Tebow, QB, Denver Broncos

Kingfish

The deepest o-line class in years. We will just take the kid from Abilene Christian in the 3rd. And haven't we all agreed that Tim Tebow will not make it out of the top of the second round? Give me a break. Someone is going to take a shot on this kid. It just depends on who will jump first. However thinks that we should just take him in the 3rd is smoking crack.

So the 'kid from Abilene Christian' in the third and Tebow will fix everything?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would be inappropriate about it? Seems to me it's just a nice little gesture, nothing more.

Wouldn't be surprised to hear that if he visits the Jags, he wears a Jags pin, and so on.

no, Lori's thought makes sense (chilly evening, kid from FLA borrows jacket). yours? not so much.

Won't last that long. With him being publicly courted by the Bills, another team may jump ahead

of our 2nd round pick and snag him. Happens all the time.

I believe Tebow is just a smoke screen. They really covet another player, or two, and are using him

to throw other teams off the scent.

If it turns out that you are right I will kiss you on the lips.

If Tebow is there in round 2, you take him. This team needs a leader. The guy is heisman trophy winner, a two time BCS Champion and is considered the best college football player ever. Why would you not take a chance on this guy? Because he has an "awkward throwing motion"? Please. Tell me VY or Philip Rivers doesn't have an awkward throwing motion. Sometimes you gotta take chances-i'm not saying first round-first round we need an OL, but no question take Tim Tebow in round 2.

Please don't quit your day job to do stand-up... besides you make one hell of a good Big Mac.

If he was a Scientologist or a Muslim I wonder if you would have the same reaction. When someone in Tebow's position puts his beliefs out there like he does, hes gonna get picked on in the same way Mitt Romney, Tom Cruise, George Bush and Obama do. If you're offended by light comments like that, you need to practice whatever you practice a little bit harder.

The Grace comment was hardly offensive. Did you read the news this week?

I've actually heard more complaints about his religion. Folks around here don't want asome religious player, but have no problem selecting a convicted rapist of his own sister.

I don't want him for one reason.

I do not believe he will be an NFL QB and any pick earlier than round 6 will be wasted.

If he was a Scientologist or a Muslim I wonder if you would have the same reaction. When someone in Tebow's position puts his beliefs out there like he does, hes gonna get picked on in the same way Mitt Romney, Tom Cruise, George Bush and Obama do. If you're offended by light comments like that, you need to practice whatever you practice a little bit harder.

The Grace comment was hardly offensive. Did you read the news this week?

Not offended at all. Just thought they weren't funny and kinda sophomoric. You have no idea what my beliefs but thanks for trying to guess my belief system when you have no idea

Not offended at all. Just thought they weren't funny and kinda sophomoric. Pretty presumptuous to KNOW what my beliefs are.

pretty condescending of you to toss out the big mac reference. not funny and kinda sophomoric.

In other words...you were answered in the manner in which you replied.

If Tebow is there in round 2, you take him. This team needs a leader. The guy is heisman trophy winner, a two time BCS Champion and is considered the best college football player ever. Why would you not take a chance on this guy? Because he has an "awkward throwing motion"? Please. Tell me VY or Philip Rivers doesn't have an awkward throwing motion. Sometimes you gotta take chances-i'm not saying first round-first round we need an OL, but no question take Tim Tebow in round 2.

I concur. I'm not the largest Tebow fan, but if the Bills brought him in, it would be because of his work ethic, his character, and his leadership. Everything this team is lacking.

Maybe people should stop rushing to give a snarky comment any time someone has some new information to share here. Maybe we should wait a minute to see if someone might be on to something before jumping down his throat.

I just saw this thread and read the first responses with a sense of wonder; I don't know why anyone would have doubted it to begin with. It's really not unlikely at all that Tebow and Jim Kelly would have dinner together or that they would be "spotted" at Chop House.

Reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit. Relax you big baby.

I'm starting to get a little scared that the Bills might actually take Tebow in the first two rounds. To me, DT and LT need to be addressed with starters from the draft. If there are guys that can do that after the first two rounds, then great, but it's more of a crapshoot. LT with our first pick, as there are 4 quality guys out there, and maybe Cody or Cam Thomas in the second would immediately address our two biggest needs.

I have yet to hear a single quote from ANYONE out there who thinks that Tebow can be a solid NFL starter. I hear that he has great character, a will to win, and a great athlete. Well, so was Tim Couch. Would I take a flyer on him in the 4th or 5th round? Sure. But people have him going before round 3 and I can't imagine passing on a needed position on the team for a chance that this guy may pan out to be an average QB.

I'm sorry, unless we trade back in the first and generate a second, 2nd round pick and then maybe use that one on Tebow, I am going to be very angry.

Is there anyone out there who really thinks that we can afford to put off one of our other glaring holes to take Tebow in the second? I know we need a QB, but him and that early? I really hope not.

I disagree with one point. I think QB needs to be high on the priority list and if the value meets the pick, needs to be taken in the first 2 rounds.

I.E- Clausen at 9 or McCoy at 41

But in no way am I in favor of drafting such a project at 41.

Today! Other people call you a troll also!

Nobody with any sense of TSW history would call WVU "a troll". He is a very important contributor to The Wall. If he did something purposefully to piss someone off once, you should know it was a very rare occurrence for him. If that happened, I'm sure he had good reason. I do that on occasion, especially with the dreggs of the board, but WVU has much more class than that.

Now, with that said, I knew your post about Tebow at the Canadian ballet was a joke, and I even laughed a little. But I have a very warped sense of humor.