Jim Schwartz and the Lions are dominating Free Agency

I like this guy's aggression out there in the open market. He shows up at Vanden Bosch's house, and they end up signing the guy to a 4 year deal.

They traded for Corey Williams, DT. And they already signed Burleson to a 5 year deal as well.

Not a bad start for a franchise that looks to be heading in the right direction. I would love to see the Bills get aggressive like this.

I like this guy's aggression out there in the open market. He shows up at Vanden Bosch's house, and they end up signing the guy to a 4 year deal.

They traded for Corey Williams, DT. And they already signed Burleson to a 5 year deal as well.

Not a bad start for a franchise that looks to be heading in the right direction. I would love to see the Bills get aggressive like this.

And I bet they still don't make the playoffs next year. BTW they DRAFTED their FRANCHISE QB last year....something the Bills have yet to do.

And I bet they still don't make the playoffs next year. BTW they DRAFTED their FRANCHISE QB last year....something the Bills have yet to do.

I don't know. They're starting to have the look of a playoff team. They've got a pretty solid defense with Ernie Sims, Julian Peterson, Deandre Levy, Corey Williams, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Luis Delmas, and Anthony Henry.

Could be a surprise team next season.

Williams had a pretty big contract if I remember. Burleson, Vanden Bosch as well. STafford and Calvin Johnson are making huge money. Maybe the Lions have a deal in place to trade the #2 pick. Otherwise, that's a lot of money for a team in a depressed area to be throwing around.

How much do you want to bet that the Lions have a better record then the Bills this year? And Stafford is the real deal. Bradford could not carry his jock. There is NO franchise QB in this draft Bueller

I like this guy's aggression out there in the open market. He shows up at Vanden Bosch's house...

Man, this is bordering on stalking. C'mon, with a head coach showing up at your house at midnight offering you millions of dollars, what's the guys going to say?

Maybe this would be the best use of Russ Brandon. He's a young go-getter. Let's use him to show up to peoples' houses at midnight. He can even carry around a briefcase full of cash for the effect.

They pay two aging middle of the road players as though they are stars.

Maybe we'll get "lucky" enough to go 0-fer so we have our choice of every player in the land.

Nah they can't do that. They have to win about 5-7 games so they have no shot at getting a franchise QB...rince and repeat every year for a decade or so....

I don't know. They're starting to have the look of a playoff team. They've got a pretty solid defense with Ernie Sims, Julian Peterson, Deandre Levy, Corey Williams, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Luis Delmas, and Anthony Henry.

Could be a surprise team next season.

It would be a surprise. As if things haven't been tough enough for the Lion's already, The Vikings remain a serious force as do the Packers. The Bears aren't fooling around either. If Martz gets his offense cranked up and the FO continues to pursue every worthy FA out there (Peppers, Taylor, etc), it will be difficult for the Lion's to go anywhere.

This division is shaping up to be pretty tough.

Burleson is nothing special. Average player at best.

C'mon...it's the Lions. They draft a new "franchise QB" every three yearsl.

They did it with the first pick in the draft. The Bills are drafting from the nine spot, if you needed to be reminded.

If the Bills had the first pick in this draft I would be very enthusiastic about taking Bradford. If our front office felt that Clausen was worthy of the selection I would also be for the selection.

Seattle and especially the Skins are possible Clausen suitors if Bradford is taken by St. Louis. Will the Bills take Clausen with our first pick if he is available when our turn comes around? I don't know. I still believe that they will take an OT with their pick no matter what.

I don't want to rehash old arguments. But the Bills had an anchor LT and dealt him. To make matters worse the Bills had the opportunity to draft Ohrer last year and decided to take Maybin, a player whose coaches were very reluctant to even put on the field. It would have been so intriguing to consider who the Bills would be drafting if that LT position was already solidified.

They signed a chronically overpaid, average and oft-injured WR and a 31 year old DE coming off a 6-sack season. Dominanting? I'd have to disagree. $51 million poorly spent? I'd have to agree.

My opinion, KVB was a product of his big buddy on the other side that went to Washington last year. He will improve Detroit line, but he won't make it championship caliber. Plus, his tank is less than half full.

This whole FA thing has to be taken with some levity.

How much do you want to bet that the Lions have a better record then the Bills this year? And Stafford is the real deal. Bradford could not carry his jock. There is NO franchise QB in this draft Bueller

I'll take 50. Stafford is a chump. So is Bradford and I agree with you on the QB. We'll build the lines (front 7 on D) and we'll easily be better than the lions

The Lions are active, but when the weekend is over, the Bears will be the big movers and shakers. They just signed Chester Taylor and are about to sign the biggest fish, Julius Peppers. They don't have much of a choice though, since Cutler cost them their first 2 picks.

Lions are "killing it." They are signing some of the bigger names...which means didley ****, considering theyr are mid range players on their best days. They are spending a lot of money of mediocrity.

If they improve, they might go 5-11? then what same thing, just have a lot of wasted cap room, and cant afford to sign their annual top-5 pick.

They signed a chronically overpaid, average and oft-injured WR and a 31 year old DE coming off a 6-sack season. Dominanting? I'd have to disagree. $51 million poorly spent? I'd have to agree.

I never said anything about dominating. What they're doing is filling in positions of weakness with above average/quality players. Free agent signings don't have to be superstars to make your team better. If you can get better anywhere on your roster, that is a move you should make. It makes me wonder if the Lions are going to trade away their first pick as well. Lots of money being spent. And they may be looking to move down come draft day.

Man, this is bordering on stalking. C'mon, with a head coach showing up at your house at midnight offering you millions of dollars, what's the guys going to say?

Maybe this would be the best use of Russ Brandon. He's a young go-getter. Let's use him to show up to peoples' houses at midnight. He can even carry around a briefcase full of cash for the effect.

Except with Russ, it'll be a gypsy bankroll.

"Hey, this is Monopoly money!"

If they improve, they might go 5-11? then what same thing, just have a lot of wasted cap room, and cant afford to sign their annual top-5 pick.

What does this even mean anymore? The salary cap is effectively dead.

Isn't the title of this thread "Jim Schwartz and the Lions are dominating Free Agency?" :rolleyes:

Fair statement :lol:

I don't think their team will dominate in any way, but they got better no doubt. But I do think they are taking the initiative a team needs to take to turn the corner and become a respectable franchise.

Fair statement :rolleyes:

I don't think their team will dominate in any way, but they got better no doubt. But I do think they are taking the initiative a team needs to take to turn the corner and become a respectable franchise.

Haha, I won't judge.

I do agree though that they should have improved through their signings so far. And yes, they still aren't going to 'dominate' anytime soon but they are showing signs of coming around at least.

I never said anything about dominating. What they're doing is filling in positions of weakness with above average/quality players. Free agent signings don't have to be superstars to make your team better. If you can get better anywhere on your roster, that is a move you should make. It makes me wonder if the Lions are going to trade away their first pick as well. Lots of money being spent. And they may be looking to move down come draft day.

The title of your thread said dominating. I'm not being cynical or critical. But I do think the Lions are grabbing a straws here. Kudos for effort though. Lol.