mcnabb WILL be traded

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

ESPN's John Clayton said on SportsCenter Thursday evening that he is convinced the Eagles will trade Donovan McNabb.

The Eagles insist otherwise, but it'll be hard for them to resist if a team offers a first-rounder or multiple early-round draft choices, which we suspect someone will. Philadelphia is young at just about every position, save quarterback. There is reason to believe Kevin Kolb, 25, is a more accurate passer than McNabb, and at least gives the Birds an equal chance to win.

GIVE 2 2ND ROUNDERS NOW

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN's John Clayton said on SportsCenter Thursday evening that he is convinced the Eagles will trade Donovan McNabb.

The Eagles insist otherwise, but it'll be hard for them to resist if a team offers a first-rounder or multiple early-round draft choices, which we suspect someone will. Philadelphia is young at just about every position, save quarterback. There is reason to believe Kevin Kolb, 25, is a more accurate passer than McNabb, and at least gives the Birds an equal chance to win.

GIVE 2 2ND ROUNDERS NOW

I would give a 3rd pick this season and a conditional 3rd next year that gets bumped to a 2nd if the Bills make the playoffs and McNabb starts 11 or more games. 2 guaranteed 2nd round picks for a 34 year old QB is just too much.

Some reports said that McNabb had no interest in Buffalo. That's apparently false and he'd be open to playing for the Bills, but would rather remain an Eagle, period.

I heard similar reports of him being dead against Buffalo though I didn't hear anything refuting it so I hope you're right. :)

Not sure if the Bills are in a position to acquire an aging QB. I'd rather seem them spend the picks on rebuilding. If the Bills were an 8-8 team, I'd say yes. but we were a 6-10 team, that played like a 2-14 team.

Sure, the Cardinals did well with Warner. But the Cardinals had a solid O-Line, an incredible tandem of primary and secondary receivers and a play making defense.

GIVE 2 2ND ROUNDERS NOW

He is worth one 2nd rounder---at best

Some reports said that McNabb had no interest in Buffalo. That's apparently false and he'd be open to playing for the Bills, but would rather remain an Eagle, period.

Really? Where's the link to this info? Based off the reaction from big-time coaches in coming here, landing any big free agents could be impossible...

No way in hell would I give up more then a 4th round pick for McNabb. People- we have many, many holes to fill. A 32 year old average QB is not how we make the playoffs! I warned about Bledsoe- take heed McNabb

I agree. Don't waste valuable draft picks we need for other positions. Even if McNabb still has something left he's only going to be around a year or two. If we can get him for a 3 or a 4 okay. Nothing more.

PTR

Not sure if the Bills are in a position to acquire an aging QB. I'd rather seem them spend the picks on rebuilding. If the Bills were an 8-8 team, I'd say yes. but we were a 6-10 team, that played like a 2-14 team.

Sure, the Cardinals did well with Warner. But the Cardinals had a solid O-Line, an incredible tandem of primary and secondary receivers and a play making defense.

Anchored by former Bills turnstile Mike Gandy. :)

PTR

I think NFL history points to guys playing well into their late 30's, Promo. Oakland had Rich Gannon who led them to a Super Bowl, and if he hadn't been hurt, would have continued playing a year or two more. That 40 year old Brett Favre is playing at a staggeringly high level, and Warner checked out with PLENTY in the tank at 38. Donovan is also playing for a new contract, so I'd venture to say that he will play next year at a Pro Bowl level, barring injury! I would pull the trigger, because he simply isn't Drew Bledsoe all over again. The beauty might be the ability to groom his successor in the next two seasons or so, I like it just fine IF, and it's a big IF, McNabb gets traded to Buffalo. GO BILLS!!!

Plus the Cards got Warner for free.

Anyone who thinks McNabb is an average QB...can I have some of whatever it is you're taking. Sounds like good stuff, makes you completely oblivious to the world around you...

IF we could get McNabb for a 2nd round draft pick...for God sakes...DO IT!! One of our needs is QB!! Do you expect to draft anyone in round 2 (QB-wise) that will match Donovan McNabb? Spend your 1st round pick on OL or DL and have a QB that will certainly bring you experience, knows how to get into the playoffs, is YOUNGER than Peyton Manning, can play while we bring along a young guy (whoever that may be).

You get a VERY qualified veteran QB with a 2nd round pick, or take a chance on someone who may not even be on the roster in 2 or 3 years.

Now I'm not convinced that McNabb could even be had for a 2nd rounder, but if he is and we don't make a move... I would be very disappointed.

McNabb is a class act and a proven QB in the NFL... has not won a championship yet... BUT NEITHER HAVE WE!!! Would make a very interesting story if he took us to the promised land....OK...maybe you guys need some of what I'm taking!!!!

GIVE 2 2ND ROUNDERS NOW

On NFL network, they are convinced that they are going to keep McNabb and Vick. They think that they will trade Kolb. And they talked about the Browns being the team he goes to.