Donte Whitner trade rumor

BillsRUs

You'd think losing a top 10 pick from 3 years ago would be a real concern, but not in this case. Whitner is a non factor on this football team. An okay backup is the only thing Whitner has proved to be in his first 4 seasons. The Bills need more guys who just come in and let their play on the field do the talking (Byrd, Levitre, Wood, Kyle Williams, Freddy Jackson......and so on). Less Twitter all-stars like Whitner and Maybin and more football all-stars would be music to my ears.

Why all the hate for Lil' Donte. It's not his fault Levy picked him #8 overall. The guy prepares well and is committed to the team. Problem is he doesn't make enough plays. Blame Levy and Modrak for reaching at #8 when he was projected as a late 1st to second rounder which makes more sense for his level of ability.

I believe Whitner is better than Wilson, but not significantly better. With the injuries we have had, I would not trade him unless we could get at least a three for him. We need depth!

I disagree , Wilson and Scott are better SS than Whitner. The new coaching staff will see the tape and the tape NEVER lies.

IMO the only reason you keep Whitner is for depth, and for his price he will be overpaid for that, would not be surprised if he is traded before the draft.

I don't know about Whitner... but I am pretty sure, I don't really trust the last coaching staffs judgement on who the best players on their roster were... perhaps once that stupid Tampa 2 defense is gone, Whitner will prove himself a viable starter...

maybe a different sytem will do wonders. but hell have the same position coach. so my guess here is hell be a backup again. no way he beats out the word for the FS-spot. and i dont think hell beat 2 guys out for SS.

a change of scenerie might be best for both sides.

I hope they trade him for a 6 that is about all they would get what a wasted pick on him, more mouth then talent!

He's worth more than that if he gets his head out of his azz he will be one of tha better safeties in the league his rookie season was very good and he looked great at times last year most teams do not have the secondary depth that we do. We have alot of very good safeties and he is just good at the moment. he's worth a fourth.

Maybe its me, but I'd like to see him in a non-Tampa 2 system. Maybe he could flourish.

First of all, the Bills are in cover 2 less than 50% of the time. I don't understand why most people don't understand that. If a team was always in C2, Qb's would be throwin for 500yds per game. The Bills play multiple coverages and you will never see C2 inside the redzone. So enough with the excuses for Lil DOnte, he can't play down in the box because he is to small, he's to slow to play in man coverage and he is lacking any type of ball skills whatsoever. Donte is a jack of all trades and a master of none. He's a nitch player in any system. If he's not to much, keep him as a backup because he is a very valuable stop gap IMO.

Wow, after reading some of this, holy stupid Bills fans!!!! Yes, the guy was taken too high in the draft, but he's a 3rd stringer behind Scott/Wilson?!?!?! :w00t: Trade him for a bag of football?!?!?1 :lol: Straight up for Vick?!?!?! :thumbsup: So much for Bills fans being some of the smarter fans in the league. Nice job guys, as if there weren't enough people bashing the B-Lo.............

I'd take a bag of old footballs for Whitner.

Whitner was never a popular pick at #8 on these boards but I don't understand all the hate for him? Seems like he cannot be forgiven for not being Ngata.

Byrd is defintiley a better FS and we will see if the new regime thinks he is better than Wilson/Scott?

You'd think losing a top 10 pick from 3 years ago would be a real concern, but not in this case. Whitner is a non factor on this football team. An okay backup is the only thing Whitner has proved to be in his first 4 seasons. The Bills need more guys who just come in and let their play on the field do the talking (Byrd, Levitre, Wood, Kyle Williams, Freddy Jackson......and so on). Less Twitter all-stars like Whitner and Maybin and more football all-stars would be music to my ears.

:w00t:

Well said!

Wow, after reading some of this, holy stupid Bills fans!!!! Yes, the guy was taken too high in the draft, but he's a 3rd stringer behind Scott/Wilson?!?!?! :w00t: Trade him for a bag of football?!?!?1 :lol: Straight up for Vick?!?!?! :thumbsup: So much for Bills fans being some of the smarter fans in the league. Nice job guys, as if there weren't enough people bashing the B-Lo.............

Your right. Whitner shouldnt even be 3rd striner behind Scott and Wilson, he should have been cut. A bag of footballs is prolly too much in return for him. Id say 1 really nice, new football and its a good deal. And Philly would never make the trade straight up for Vick. They would be losing out on the deal.

Whitner is a waste of sperm. His father should have finished in the sink instead. He talks entirely too much crap for the horrible play that comes from him. He and Mitchell are one in the same. More tweeting than actually doing. I say this... Shut your mouth Donte and Kawicka and do your jobs. Less talky, more worky.

Your right. Whitner shouldnt even be 3rd striner behind Scott and Wilson, he should have been cut. A bag of footballs is prolly too much in return for him. Id say 1 really nice, new football and its a good deal. And Philly would never make the trade straight up for Vick. They would be losing out on the deal.

Whitner is a waste of sperm. His father should have finished in the sink instead. He talks entirely too much crap for the horrible play that comes from him. He and Mitchell are one in the same. More tweeting than actually doing. I say this... Shut your mouth Donte and Kawicka and do your jobs. Less talky, more worky.

:thumbsup:

tell us how you really feel...... :w00t:

At this point it would not shock me if Whitner is in fact traded.....I just dont know what we could get for him

- Outperformed by a 2nd round pick rookie......I mean REALLY outperformed

- Outperformed by a converted wide receiver who until then bounced back and forth from the practice squad

- But he must still have some use as a veteran voice in the locker room.....oh wait...he has off the field issues as well.

Trade him while we can get something for him please Nix

More bullschitt generated at BillsZone.com.

PTR

Just like the B.S. on here. Whitner is a damn good SS . Hits like a truck. Yeah I remember when alot of people on here wanted Mike Huff the can`t miss safety picked by the raiders. Yeah what`s he doing? Whitner is still young and still has alot of plays left in him. Whitner vs Wilson,not even close . A couple picks more by Wilson is all they see. :wallbash: