Anyone else feel the SB was boring?

Even though it was a one point game going into the 4th, it just didn't really hype me up. Me and buddies were like this feels like a regular season game. Part of it maybe has to do with the fact there was no villian team like the Patriots playing. The last 2 Super Bowls were more fun to watch IMO.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

I thought it was the epitome of NFL football. The 2 best teams all season, evenly matched with 2 outstanding signal callers and Super game planning. The Saints lit up the scoreboard at will this season but in this game, against this opponent, they almost never pushed beyond the first down marker. This kept the clock running and Manning sitting.

The pick-6 ended any late game drama but it was a brilliant chess game, IMO.

No.

I thought it was the epitome of NFL football. The 2 best teams all season, evenly matched with 2 outstanding signal callers and Super game planning. The Saints lit up the scoreboard at will this season but in this game, against this opponent, they almost never pushed beyond the first down marker. This kept the clock running and Manning sitting.

The pick-6 ended any late game drama but it was a brilliant chess game, IMO.

Manning sitting for nearly the entire 2nd quarter while NO racked up 6 points.

The first two people I spoke to this morning both had the same comment, "what a boring game". I didn't think so. I had no strong rooting interest. No money on the game. I would have liked the Colts to win for Bill Polian's sake but in the end I was happy for the Saints and their long-suffering fan base. The game was close and we were looking down the barrel of overtime. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the gimmick-free broadcast.

Super Bowl is too corporate for me. It doesn't feel like a championship game anymore, just a commercial spectacle. There shouldn't be a week break after the conference championships.

The first two people I spoke to this morning both had the same comment, "what a boring game". I didn't think so. I had no strong rooting interest. No money on the game. I would have liked the Colts to win for Bill Polian's sake but in the end I was happy for the Saints and their long-suffering fan base. The game was close and we were looking down the barrel of overtime. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and the gimmick-free broadcast.

I thought it was a good superbowl, with a lot of good coaching going on and super playing by Brees and Manning except the interception. In my opinion last years was more exciting, but I did not think this years superbowl was boring.

Not boring at all...gutsy calls by Payton, Manning vs. Brees...what more could you ask for besides having Buffalo in instead of Indy...

On a related note, I wish the game was closer (Arizona vs. Pitts) or at least Indy scoring on that last drive and recovering an onside kick...early on I really thought with Stover missing the FG and Hartley clutch kicking that the game was going to be decided by a last second field goal...

Even though it was a one point game going into the 4th, it just didn't really hype me up. Me and buddies were like this feels like a regular season game. Part of it maybe has to do with the fact there was no villian team like the Patriots playing. The last 2 Super Bowls were more fun to watch IMO.

I thought it was dull because of the obscene amount of commercial breaks. After about 2 hours it felt like I had seen maybe 10 minutes of football and 30 of doritos fetishism.

Actually being at the game must be insufferable. Pay $500 to watch people stand around waiting to play.

The game itself wasn't boring by any stretch. Good football, all around.

But I had absolutely no rooting interest whatsoever, which made the whole thing a tad dull. I'm happy for NO that they finally have something to cheer about...but I also would've been happy to see Manning further establish a legacy as possibly the best QB ever. I honestly didn't care who won.

The game was competitive and pretty well played but not having any rooting interest, except for a couple boxes in the office pool, I wasn't really into the game.

As somebody posted earlier too many commercial breaks. IMO, most of the commericals were relatively infantile and stupid rather than funny. Whether that's an indictment of my sense of humor or society at-large is open to debate.

The game itself has become less of a sporting event and more of a Hollywood spectacle attended by celebrities who can afford the top-dollar ticket prices and have connections, rather than true football fans. Its the chic place to be.

I enjoyed the games on conference championship weekend a lot more because it was just football.

i agree, no rooting interest, or a team to root against, just made it ho-hum for me. i know it will never happen, but i hate the starting time. i like sunday afternoon games, 4 o'clock would be ideal. in addition, i know its been a long time, but having the bills in would obviously help!. all playoff games up to the super bowl are actually the best, no staged feel, just football. that being said, all the domes in the playoffs sucked , love the weather being a factor, seeing the breath of the players, snow, i sure hope that outdoor football does not become a thing of the past!

There's too much taking away from the game.

Seriously..

Introductions....

commercial break

National Anthem....

commercial break...

coin toss...

commercial break.

45 minute half-time show, commercials after every possession change and after every kickoff.

It's just too hard to keep into the flow of the game.

I became disinterested by the end of teh 3d quarter. The game was just moving to slow. Saints have the ball for pretty much the entier 3rd quarter and only 6 points... We started wathcing movie trailers. Then argued about the Titanic :unsure: Red Band looks like it is going to be hillarious.