Anyone else feel the SB was boring?

NO. I thought it was a great game.

The way to get over the over corporate advertising spectacle thing is to TIVO it and start watching about an hour or hour and a half after the game starts. Then you can Fast forward through the commercials and crap and only see the game like a real game. I highly recommend it.

Only problem arises if the phone rings, you can't answer it in case it's one of your friends calling about the game.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game, not great. Commercials were terrible. The Who was even worse. Not much running gane though, but that's what I would expect from these two qb's. It seems as though the NFL is becoming too much of a passing game. I enjoy the running game and defense. The rules have allowed the receivers to get away with too much.

I understand what you mean, but the final score of the game is very deceiving, this game was close pretty much throughout.

The score was VERY misleading. Had it not been for the a gazillion commercials and a LONG wretched halftime show it would have been a GREAT game.

I loved the Who (used to have 22 LPs by them), but those two guys last night are a pale shadow of what was. The Who included a fantastic bassist and lightning fast drummer.

I have a theory that CBS could not sell commercials, so they added a TON of their own.

The announcers stunk. That is a polite description.

It was a very good game, unfortunately framed in mediocrity.

But consider:

the on side kick to open the second half

Manning with plenty of time to engineer one of his trademark Q4 comebacks

a team that was the "Aints" hanging on

their fans must have been chewing their fingers off (I could identify with them)

an INT return to cement the win the game

Those are a very few of the good things about the game and I enjoyed it. I can only hope Buffalo wins a championship before I die or the team moves.

I agree. the playoffs were much better.

I thought that was a great football game...but I thought the playoffs (save the Card/Packers, Saints/Viking games) were the worst bunch of playoff games we have had in some time... I wouldn't have been to upset to see the Colts win, but I was pulling for the Saints. It really was a well played, well coached game... I am not sure how anyone who loves football couldn't have enjoyed that game... IMO, CBS did an outstanding job covering the game, and didn't hype things like is done on other networks covering the game. I enjoyed it tremendously.

I don't think it was boring but I am not sure it was exciting either. For the first time in a long time I had no interest in who won the game. I had rooted against New England and Pittsburgh these last several years. There were no blown calls or dramatic turnovers that usually increse the excitment level. No huge scoring plays or returns. Just outstanding short passing game high percentage football.

Simms and Nantz are awful and listening to the them made it that much less enjoyable.

No, I was impressed by the football game. The Who were dreadful and nearly unwatchable. They did go overboard on the commercials, but llook at it from the network's perspective. They were raking in a fortune for every conceivable break they could take. If that frustrated us, imagine how broken the game would have felt live there in Miami.

No, I was impressed by the football game. The Who were dreadful and nearly unwatchable. They did go overboard on the commercials, but llook at it from the network's perspective. They were raking in a fortune for every conceivable break they could take. If that frustrated us, imagine how broken the game would have felt live there in Miami.

I think I am the only one who thought the Who were decent... I wasn't expecting much, and was pleasantly surprised. I thought, overall, CBS did a great, no frills broadcast... it was cool that there were no "up with everything" kids on the field, pretending to be huge Who fans...

ps- line of the night, from a buddy of mine, watching the game, as Drew Brees held his son and whispered in his ear, after the game: "So, then what did Mr Townsend do?"