New mock draft

berndogg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

!@#$ McClain, we dont' need a god damn LB when we need QB, and both lines first. Getting a LB with the 9th pick = a dumb ass move Donahoe or Marv would pull

I was happy with the LB's we had under Donahoe. Not Levy. Keep in mind we were so thin at LB's we had to start Scott. If we go to a 3-4 our lack of depth at LB will be magnified. Maybe FA is the answer but who knows what FA is going to be like.

I don't think that Buffalo should draft Bradford BUT I don't think Seattle will pass up on him at pick 6 for a safety. Seattle needs an answer at QB and if Bradford is there look for him to be scooped up by the SeaHawks. I think that Buffalo shouldn't draft this kid he seems like he has a weak frame, played in a spread exclusively out of the shotgun, and has some injuries.

I'm in agreement. But we need so much. I would love to see McClain in a Bills uniform.

We also need OT and DL help as well. This not an either or conversation. We need to walk away from this draft with 4 starters and we need to add 3 more via free agency. Anyone that has watched the Bills knows we need QB, OL, DL and LB's.

Keep in mind a LB would really be needed if we go to a 3-4.

Nix and Modrak have to deliver.

I thought you were debating with yourself there for a second.....or two.

!@#$ McClain, we dont' need a god damn LB when we need QB, and both lines first. Getting a LB with the 9th pick = a dumb ass move Donahoe or Marv would pull

Our biggest needs are LT, QB and LB. If McClain is there and he has the highest grades you takes him, no doubt.

A stud MLB will make our defense better. This guy has Pro Bowl, Impact Player written all over him. I would take McClain over Bulaga .. and I really do want to upgrade the OT position.

I don't really care for any of thr QBs that are projected in the first round.

Of course, if we can land a couple of free agents prior to the draft that could change things.

Nor is the prospect of a top notch QB winning without an offensive line :thumbsup: Imagine Peyton Manning behind our 2009 line = DEAD!

Manning's o-line isn't all that great anymore. It's really mostly him. If you put him behind the Bills line and give him TO, Evans, Reed, Shawn Nelson, and Fred Jackson, he'll probably throw for 3800-4100 yards and 27-30 TDs.

And that's why you guys don't have a clue. Our LB corps sucks and got run over. We are about the worst run offense in the league and get scorched by RB's and TE's in the passing game. LB's are a huge need.

Yes they are, for all the reasons you mentioned. But QB is need #1, and it's not even close. Then LT is need #2, and that's not even close to #3, which is probably LB. If Mitchell can't come back healthy, LB becomes a higher priority, but QB and LT are the two most important positions in the NFL.

Manning's o-line isn't all that great anymore. It's really mostly him. If you put him behind the Bills line and give him TO, Evans, Reed, Shawn Nelson, and Fred Jackson, he'll probably throw for 3800-4100 yards and 27-30 TDs.

As the OP, I just want to clarify that I do believe that QB is our #1 need, and is the most important position on the field. I just think McClain and Bulaga have a much better shot at being all stars at their position than Bradford does from watching them play and I'd rather have an immediate all star at LB or OT than a project at QB who may never make an impact. People that say any QB would suck with the Bills O line either are afraid to admit they were wrong about trent or have no football knowledge. Yes, a good O line is important and will make a good qb great, but guys like Rothlesberger and Rogers among many others throughout the years have put up big numbers with shaky pass protection. Trent and Fitz were not on their back EVERY play, and on the many occasions when they did have time they showed that they had no idea what to do with it. In fact, Trent struggled the most when teams would drop eight and make him find the holes in the zone. The fact is he can't read a defense, so if there isn't a guy one on one down the sideline he checks down because the middle of the field looks like a kalidescope to him. No O line will fix that.

As the OP, I just want to clarify that I do believe that QB is our #1 need, and is the most important position on the field. I just think McClain and Bulaga have a much better shot at being all stars at their position than Bradford does from watching them play and I'd rather have an immediate all star at LB or OT than a project at QB who may never make an impact. People that say any QB would suck with the Bills O line either are afraid to admit they were wrong about trent or have no football knowledge. Yes, a good O line is important and will make a good qb great, but guys like Rothlesberger and Rogers among many others throughout the years have put up big numbers with shaky pass protection. Trent and Fitz were not on their back EVERY play, and on the many occasions when they did have time they showed that they had no idea what to do with it. In fact, Trent struggled the most when teams would drop eight and make him find the holes in the zone. The fact is he can't read a defense, so if there isn't a guy one one down the sideline he checks down because the middle of the field looks like a kalidescope to him. No O line will fix that.

Why do you think that the jets did so well this season, because of Sanchez? :thumbsup:

As the OP, I just want to clarify that I do believe that QB is our #1 need, and is the most important position on the field. I just think McClain and Bulaga have a much better shot at being all stars at their position than Bradford does from watching them play and I'd rather have an immediate all star at LB or OT than a project at QB who may never make an impact. People that say any QB would suck with the Bills O line either are afraid to admit they were wrong about trent or have no football knowledge. Yes, a good O line is important and will make a good qb great, but guys like Rothlesberger and Rogers among many others throughout the years have put up big numbers with shaky pass protection. Trent and Fitz were not on their back EVERY play, and on the many occasions when they did have time they showed that they had no idea what to do with it. In fact, Trent struggled the most when teams would drop eight and make him find the holes in the zone. The fact is he can't read a defense, so if there isn't a guy one one down the sideline he checks down because the middle of the field looks like a kalidescope to him. No O line will fix that.

I think Chan is probably confident enough in his abilities that we look for a "middle tier" fa qb like tony smith, rex grossman, jason campbell or trade for tyler thigpen (although that's tough to do in the division).

I hope people don't get too hung up on a couple of positions like ot or qb in the first round, because the most important thing is that we get an impact player. Personally I would prefer an offensive player, but if Berry is there and can play ss I would take him. Probably the only player that I wouldn't take out of the concensus top 10 players or so is Hayden. The important thing is that the selection HAS TO MAKE AN IMPACT. That's why the "we want linemen" crew don't B word about Byrd, he's an impact player. If we get a Mike Williams, Erik Flowers or McCargo, the problem isn't the position it's the player selection process.

Seriously? Come on man. Are you actually trying to say that his line is above average if not WELL above average? I've heard of trying to prove a point but come on!

As the OP, I just want to clarify that I do believe that QB is our #1 need, and is the most important position on the field. I just think McClain and Bulaga have a much better shot at being all stars at their position than Bradford does from watching them play and I'd rather have an immediate all star at LB or OT than a project at QB who may never make an impact. People that say any QB would suck with the Bills O line either are afraid to admit they were wrong about trent or have no football knowledge. Yes, a good O line is important and will make a good qb great, but guys like Rothlesberger and Rogers among many others throughout the years have put up big numbers with shaky pass protection. Trent and Fitz were not on their back EVERY play, and on the many occasions when they did have time they showed that they had no idea what to do with it. In fact, Trent struggled the most when teams would drop eight and make him find the holes in the zone. The fact is he can't read a defense, so if there isn't a guy one on one down the sideline he checks down because the middle of the field looks like a kalidescope to him. No O line will fix that.

Ya...offensive line means nothing. Tell that the to the Ravens and the Jets. Get a clue buddy. Just because there are exceptions like Rothlesberger and Rogers it doesn't invalidate the rule!!!! For example with Rogers. See how much better they got as a team when the line started blocking? Big Ben is a freak of nature at QB and is just to big and tough to be taken down by CBs and small linebackers. Get us one of those VETERAN exceptions to QB our team and then I will relax a tad on the importance of the line.

Tell the RBs how little importance the O-line is. Willis McGahee in Buffalo....ok average back....Willis McGahee in Baltimore with a good line...TD FREAKIN MACHINE!!! Go back to football 101.

No, because of their defense, but I see where you're going :thumbsup:

Stellar running game might have had just a tiny bit to do with it. But I see where you were trying NOT to go with that. O-line is extremely important. Diminishing that importance gets us into the situation we had this year. Who needs high paid fat bastards we have talent waiting in the wings to get on the field....How did that work out for us again?

Ya...offensive line means nothing. Tell that the to the Ravens and the Jets. Get a clue buddy. Just because there are exceptions like Rothlesberger and Rogers it doesn't invalidate the rule!!!! For example with Rogers. See how much better they got as a team when the line started blocking? Big Ben is a freak of nature at QB and is just to big and tough to be taken down by CBs and small linebackers. Get us one of those VETERAN exceptions to QB our team and then I will relax a tad on the importance of the line.

Tell the RBs how little importance the O-line is. Willis McGahee in Buffalo....ok average back....Willis McGahee in Baltimore with a good line...TD FREAKIN MACHINE!!! Go back to football 101.

I never once said the o line wasn't important, that's why in my original post i said i'd be pissed if we took bradford over bulaga, I think it's very important. My post was aimed at the person who said that peyton manning wouldn't succeed with our O line. That is absolutely false. That's all I was getting at

I never once said the o line wasn't important, that's why in my original post i said i'd be pissed if we took bradford over bulaga, I think it's very important. My post was aimed at the person who said that peyton manning wouldn't succeed with our O line. That is absolutely false. That's all I was getting at

Sorry about that. Peyton, because he is perhaps the best QB to have ever played the game, would have a measure of success here. By success I mean 9 - 7 maybe 10 - 6 at best. Far from potentially going undefeated or a league record 12 or so wins a season for the last who knows how many.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/mock-draft-version-1

9. Buffalo Bills -- Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: Been here, done that, right, Bills fans? Long searching for the next great quarterback of Western N.Y. -- whether it be Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman or Trent Edwards -- the Bills take another shot at a potential quarterback of the future in Bradford. I'm told his shoulder should be fully healed by Draft Day. We'll know for sure after a few individual workouts. If both Clausen and Bradford are gone, look for Buffalo to scoop up an offensive tackle.

I will be extremely pissed if we draft bradford with McClain and Bulaga still on the board. I know we need to address the qb situation, but Bradford is too big a question mark to take with the #9 overall pick. McClain and Bulaga both looked like they could've been NFL starters in 2009, both are at positions where we have a need, much safer picks in my opinion.

These people really need things to do. A Mock draft is completely pointless before the combine, after which, guys for whatever reason will move up and down the draft boards quite a bit. Bradford might be a second round pick with a bad combine or if he isn't healing as fast as he should be from his injury...